Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > General > Games, Gaming & Game-demos
Games, Gaming & Game-demos You can talk about the latest games here and more ..

Closed Thread

Old
  (#2676)
Keepcool
Banned

Videocard: 4870 512mb CFx
Processor: Intel 8400
Mainboard: p5q pro
Memory: 4 gig
Soundcard:
PSU: Corsair 750w
Default 12-27-2012, 20:40 | posts: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjafada View Post
you need to edit the setting file packed in the 2.0a archives
try the default one to see if it works or not

other thing
i just got batman AA and AC from steam \o/
so played a little of AC got somes bugs when using 1920-1080 not using the full width of the screen , nvm i put the 2560*1440 and it's ok
i also disable AA just in case.
but sweetfx doesnt kick in , i have extracted the 2.0a in E:\steam\steamapps\common\Batman Arkham City GOTY\Binaries\Win32
the log.log is ok like others working games
if i use the scroll lock key the game switch to windowed mode oO hm ok
pause doesn't do anything
i looked in the keybinding , pause is opening a menu in game
so i tryed to switch the keys in the injector.ini but can't find what key to use

if some batman AC players can help me here please

ps: i hate game for windows live !
You are right sweetFX 2.0 doesn't kick in... that's why the toggle "scroll lock"
doesn't work either here (Origin-ME3) also I took some pic with/without it and it doesn't change is not like SweetFX.

Even if I edited the settings file with the settings provide by "sidspyker" in his mod except to FXAA thing...

For now I'll play ME3 in the HD4870CFx with sweetFX
and in the GTX660m without it to avoid this FPS micro stuttering annoyance.

Last edited by Keepcool; 12-27-2012 at 20:48.

Old
  (#2677)
ninjafada
Master Guru

Videocard: pny 670
Processor: i5 3570k@4.5
Mainboard: gigabyte Z77X-UD3H
Memory: Gskill 8G@2023
Soundcard: rltek + Altec Lansing
PSU: 550W
Default 12-27-2012, 20:48 | posts: 297

took me 2s using the search
http://forum.guru3d.com/showthread.p...22#post4447041

or you can try
http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/game/27/

Old
  (#2678)
rgot

Videocard: GTX 580
Processor: Quad core
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: 750
Default 12-27-2012, 21:17 | posts: 15

Old
  (#2679)
Boulotaur2024
Member Guru

Videocard: AMD HD7950
Processor: i5
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: /
Default 12-27-2012, 21:25 | posts: 141 | Location: France

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerowalker View Post
I have tried SNES emulator scanline effect, but it just seem to me like it darkens every other line, which just looks, weird;S
Actually CRT emulation has become quite convincing these days :

Click to show spoiler

I don't know about you but I really like the effect over plain unfiltered sprites

But I'm getting off topic already as right now I just need a simple blur filter included in SweetFX. I've been toying all day with Shenmue on Demul emulator, getting great results with curves/dpx/bloom... I just wish I could apply a blur layer on top of everything, like I simulated in the following screen (7x7 kernel gaussian blur applied twice in Xnview) :

Click to show spoiler

It helps hiding the very low res textures and provides a more coherent look to the whole scene (as the polygons are supersampled and textures are not)

EDIT : ok nevermind, I got it ! I modified the sharpen code (as blur is pretty much inverted sharpen) and got the effect right. Quality of the blur isn't too great compared to photoshop (or gimp) blur though, I don't know why for the moment

Last edited by Boulotaur2024; 12-28-2012 at 07:24.

Old
  (#2680)
qliphoth

Videocard: EVGA GTX 580 1.5GB
Processor: AMD FX 8-Core
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: Rosewill 750W
Default 12-27-2012, 22:19 | posts: 15

A quick suggestion for CeeJay.dk regarding further color grading options, as well as some suggestions for other effects in general.

I find myself wanting two additions or replacements for Vibrance quite often. A "Saturation Contrast" effect, which would work like Vibrance but DESATURATE already desaturated colors and saturate already saturated ones with positive values, and the opposite (bringing down color contrast in the scene) with negative values. Vibrance does not and cannot provide this effect without modification, and the same is true of all the effects -- no combination can do this.
And a LiftGammaGain effect but controlling the vibrance and/or saturation curves of various light levels -- if I want bright lights to desaturate the scene and dim lighting to bring out the color, for example. You could even have vibrance OR saturation curves with a kind of toggle for each light level.

I think these two effects would be extremely useful as your vibrance has already proven to be in my various self-made presets for SweetFX. (I need these new effects, in fact, to complete my SweetFX for Pathologic preset!)

I also think there should be some way of customizing the order in which effects are applied where possible, because I often find myself disappointed with how, say, HDR clashes with vibrance in some games. And Curves doesn't seem to have any effect on brightened shadows from Cineon DPX.

As far as new effects I think would be cool, a peripheral blur would be neat. Something like Vignette but with blurring instead of blackness, perhaps even a toggle on vignette.

And lastly... I also find myself wanting a stronger bloom. Some older games without bloom at all (such as Pathologic) just can't get sufficient bloom flares with the current effect, no matter how I tweak the settings. (That, or the bloom is getting eaten by the other effects.) Instead, I find bloom tends to brighten the objects that emit light while having no effect at all on their immediate surroundings.

An excellent illustration of this is to go to an area in Dead Space 2 with candles and try every bloom setting from highest to lowest, any width -- it doesn't matter. The brighter parts of the scene (such as the white candles) will get brighter still, and the darker parts will not be affected unless you force the whole scene to ridiculous levels of bloom power -- I had to try 36, which made the game something like fullbright in the old quake games. More importantly, it appears to be impossible to get Isaac's RIG gauges to have any kind of actual blooming into their surroundings, only into themselves. This seems to be very weird behavior.

Just some suggestions, hope you can see fit to include some of them!

Old
  (#2681)
Marcel
Maha Guru

Videocard: MSI GTX 780 Gaming
Processor: i7 4770 (3,9 GHz)
Mainboard: MSI Z87-GD65 GAMING
Memory: DDR3/8GB/1600/CL9
Soundcard:
PSU: Enermax Pro 625 w
Default 12-27-2012, 23:42 | posts: 988 | Location: Slovakia

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerowalker View Post
Do you use SMAA + Downsampling?

Isnīt both the same thing, but downsampling is a more, forced way?

And how do you do with HUD and UI with Downsampling?

Cause it becomes blurry and messy for me when i use it.

for downsampling i make only custom resolution in Nvidia Control panel.I have created a lot of resolutions. When the game is demanding on hardware i use only lower downsampling. Sometimes just added only 10% horizontally and vertically.

1920x1080 + 10% = 2112x1188. But most often I use 2560x1440 Luma nice sharpen image. For downsampling + SMAA i use this settings.

SMAA

/ SMAA Anti-aliasing settings /
'-----------------------------------------------------------*/

#define SMAA_THRESHOLD 0.05 // [0.05 to 0.20] Edge detection threshold
#define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS 80 // [0 to 98] Determines the radius SMAA will search for aliased edges
#define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS_DIAG 10 // [0 to 16] Determines the radius SMAA will search for diagonal aliased edges
#define SMAA_CORNER_ROUNDING 0 // [0 to 100] Determines the percent of antialiasing to apply to corners.

Last edited by Marcel; 12-27-2012 at 23:51.

Old
  (#2682)
Marcel
Maha Guru

Videocard: MSI GTX 780 Gaming
Processor: i7 4770 (3,9 GHz)
Mainboard: MSI Z87-GD65 GAMING
Memory: DDR3/8GB/1600/CL9
Soundcard:
PSU: Enermax Pro 625 w
Default 12-27-2012, 23:56 | posts: 988 | Location: Slovakia

After four months, I returned to Skyrim

ENB+SweetFX(Tonemap,DPX,Curves, Lift Gamma Gain)

Click to show spoiler

Old
  (#2683)
kaicooper
Master Guru

Videocard: GTX 780 SC ACX
Processor: i7 950 Oc 4.0ghz
Mainboard: ASUS sabrtooth x58
Memory: Mushkin 16 GB
Soundcard:
PSU: CM 750 wat
Default 12-28-2012, 01:44 | posts: 395

Marcel

dame baby..so goooooooood

but i hate this game..but really ur screenshots amazing

Old
  (#2684)
DerSchniffles
Maha Guru

Videocard: 2xEvga GTX760 2gb SLI
Processor: Intel Core i7 3770k @ 4.4
Mainboard: Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H
Memory: 8GB Corsair Vengeance
Soundcard: Sony AVR/55" TV
PSU: Corsair 750
Default 12-28-2012, 02:07 | posts: 1,031 | Location: Washington

Well I got BF BC2 lookin much much better but for some reason I cant get it to work on Alan Wake or Blacklight Retribution. Ive tried editing it via notepad and with the configurator to no avail. Kinda sucks and im not sure what to do. Anyone else try it with those 2 games?

Old
  (#2685)
(.)(.)
Ancient Guru

Videocard: 580sli (water)
Processor: 2600k @ 4.7
Mainboard: Asus M4E
Memory: Corsair Vengence
Soundcard: onboard
PSU: Enermax Rev 1250w
Default 12-28-2012, 02:56 | posts: 5,138 | Location: Logd n jst 2 change avatar

No reason for it not to but if it's not then there must be a reason....
In saying that though, it's working for me on Vista x64.

Just dragged an dropped into the same place as .exe is all i done.
What does the log say or do you get an error massage.

Edit: lol, massage

Old
  (#2686)
(.)(.)
Ancient Guru

Videocard: 580sli (water)
Processor: 2600k @ 4.7
Mainboard: Asus M4E
Memory: Corsair Vengence
Soundcard: onboard
PSU: Enermax Rev 1250w
Default 12-28-2012, 03:29 | posts: 5,138 | Location: Logd n jst 2 change avatar

Have to say that this SweetFX tool is just as much fun to play with as the games themselves and i find myself a little more willing to go back and finish some of them just because of the effects like sharpening and color correction make some titles easier to play/see.
Cheers CeeJay
Arma2 Operation Arrowhead - this game/sim what have you, is indeed awesome.
Just a simple tweak of sharpness and vibrancy + HDR (HDR is left at stock 130/87 i think it is).

...again you know the drill, maybe darker than in-game.
Resized to 1600x1200
 Click to show spoiler

heres the config as it is at the mo, will update soon-ish.
 Click to show spoiler

Now where did i put my copy of Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter II.

Old
  (#2687)
raj7095
Member Guru

Videocard: Reference R9 290 4gb
Processor: Intel i7 2600k
Mainboard: Asus P8Z68-v Pro
Memory: 4gb ddr3 2133mhz 9cl
Soundcard:
PSU: 650W CoolerMaster GX
Default 12-28-2012, 04:45 | posts: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by qliphoth View Post
A quick suggestion for CeeJay.dk regarding further color grading options, as well as some suggestions for other effects in general.

I find myself wanting two additions or replacements for Vibrance quite often. A "Saturation Contrast" effect, which would work like Vibrance but DESATURATE already desaturated colors and saturate already saturated ones with positive values, and the opposite (bringing down color contrast in the scene) with negative values. Vibrance does not and cannot provide this effect without modification, and the same is true of all the effects -- no combination can do this.
And a LiftGammaGain effect but controlling the vibrance and/or saturation curves of various light levels -- if I want bright lights to desaturate the scene and dim lighting to bring out the color, for example. You could even have vibrance OR saturation curves with a kind of toggle for each light level.

I think these two effects would be extremely useful as your vibrance has already proven to be in my various self-made presets for SweetFX. (I need these new effects, in fact, to complete my SweetFX for Pathologic preset!)

I also think there should be some way of customizing the order in which effects are applied where possible, because I often find myself disappointed with how, say, HDR clashes with vibrance in some games. And Curves doesn't seem to have any effect on brightened shadows from Cineon DPX.

As far as new effects I think would be cool, a peripheral blur would be neat. Something like Vignette but with blurring instead of blackness, perhaps even a toggle on vignette.

And lastly... I also find myself wanting a stronger bloom. Some older games without bloom at all (such as Pathologic) just can't get sufficient bloom flares with the current effect, no matter how I tweak the settings. (That, or the bloom is getting eaten by the other effects.) Instead, I find bloom tends to brighten the objects that emit light while having no effect at all on their immediate surroundings.

An excellent illustration of this is to go to an area in Dead Space 2 with candles and try every bloom setting from highest to lowest, any width -- it doesn't matter. The brighter parts of the scene (such as the white candles) will get brighter still, and the darker parts will not be affected unless you force the whole scene to ridiculous levels of bloom power -- I had to try 36, which made the game something like fullbright in the old quake games. More importantly, it appears to be impossible to get Isaac's RIG gauges to have any kind of actual blooming into their surroundings, only into themselves. This seems to be very weird behavior.

Just some suggestions, hope you can see fit to include some of them!
some very good suggestions here, especially the one about being able to switch order of shaders and peripheral blur. usually i find that hdr tends to neutralize the effects of smaa in some situations. it would be nice to rearrange the order so smaa is applied in the end. as for bloom, i also agree that it tends to be too weak sometimes. great work with version 2.0a btw ceejay.

Old
  (#2688)
jelbo

Videocard: nVidia GTX670 DirectCUII
Processor: Phenom II X4 955BE@3,8GHz
Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-770TA-UD3 Rev
Memory: GeIL DDR3 BD DC 8GB
Soundcard: Auzentech X-Fi Prelude
PSU: Corsair TX650W
Default 12-28-2012, 09:54 | posts: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boulotaur2024 View Post
Actually CRT emulation has become quite convincing these days :

Click to show spoiler

I don't know about you but I really like the effect over plain unfiltered sprites
Woah now, that shader looks nice! Which one is it exactly?

I'm very interested in how these shaders look applied to pc games. Adding scanlines would be.... awesome! Here's some example pictures of shaders applied to Super Mario World. More (unreleased) examples here.

Quote:
But I'm getting off topic already as right now I just need a simple blur filter included in SweetFX. I've been toying all day with Shenmue on Demul emulator, getting great results with curves/dpx/bloom... I just wish I could apply a blur layer on top of everything [...]
That'd be sweet.

Old
  (#2689)
TonyTurbo

Videocard: Xfire 7950s @ 1100/1500
Processor: I7 3770k @ 4800mhz 1.3v
Mainboard: Gigabyte Z77 Sniper G1 M3
Memory: 16gb Corsair XMS3 @1600
Soundcard: Onboard (it's that good)
PSU: OCZ 850w Gold
Default 12-28-2012, 11:12 | posts: 21 | Location: England

Massive Kudos to the driving force behind SweetFX, you guys have come up with something that's a jo behold. I'm having so much fun messing around with my games, it's like looking at super high def lol. For years I've just been underwhelmed with how my games look so washed out, and no matter what I mess with in the game settings, I just could not find a way to make my graphics pop. I've only really spent a day on these, but what do you think so far? I'm sure I can go alot further and achieve alot better, but right off the bat I'm seeing a huge difference in image quality. Any tips guys? little more of this or a little less of that? The screenshots do it very little justice IMO, when playing the game it looks nowhere near as grainy and sharp.

Thanks again all involved.

ORIGINAL

SWEETFX

ORIGINAL

SWEETFX

ORIGINAL

SWEETFX

Old
  (#2690)
Loboxxx

Videocard: Gforce 560TI
Processor: Intel I5-2500k
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: 600W
Default 12-28-2012, 12:58 | posts: 13

Skyrim, "only" SweetFX2.0 :Tonemap+Vibrant+sharpness+FXAA

Click to show spoiler

Merry Christmas!

Old
  (#2691)
TheTrain

Videocard: 5870
Processor: I5 750
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: 650W
Default 12-28-2012, 13:10 | posts: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel View Post
Risen 2

DPX,Tonemap,SMAA,Luma,Curves

Click to show spoiler
What settings for this sir?

Old
  (#2692)
ninjafada
Master Guru

Default 12-28-2012, 13:28 | posts: 297

no one can help me with batman AA and AC, game crash at start in dx9 with all files in Binaries , in game AA disable

Old
  (#2693)
gridiron whirlw
Ancient Guru

Videocard: GTX 570 SLI
Processor: Intel i5-2500K
Mainboard: Asus P8Z68-V Pro/Gen 3
Memory: 8GB G-Skill DDR 3 1600
Soundcard: MAD Ear+HD & Grado RS1i
PSU: Corsair 850 Watt
Default 12-28-2012, 13:33 | posts: 3,591 | Location: Ohio

Nice shots everybody.

Sleeping dogs graphics are so damn good, that I actually like it better without sweet fx.

Experimental blur effect
Old
  (#2694)
Boulotaur2024
Member Guru

Videocard: AMD HD7950
Processor: i5
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: /
Default Experimental blur effect - 12-28-2012, 13:34 | posts: 141 | Location: France

Ok I added a very simple/stupid blur effect into Sweetfx :

I just adapted the Sharpen complex you can find all over the web and removed the sharpening stage (like I said I had zero HLSL knowledge until yesterday),
and voila you got a (low quality) blur usable in sweetfx.

Unzip this archive into your game folder to add a new Blur.h and overwrite your existing SweetFX_settings.txt and Main.h
You can tune the blur radius by modifying the blur_strength variable in the SweetFX_settings.txt file included in the archive

EDIT : Resident Evil 4 in Dolphin (x4 upscale + Sweetfx blur/bloom/curves) :

Click to show spoiler

Last edited by Boulotaur2024; 12-28-2012 at 15:39.

Old
  (#2695)
sidspyker
Master Guru

Videocard: MSI Geforce 750Ti
Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T
Mainboard: ASUS Crosshair IV Formula
Memory: aXeram 6GB
Soundcard: Onboard
PSU: Corsair TX650
Default 12-28-2012, 14:12 | posts: 303

How do I reverse the split screen? I want the horizontal 50/50 split screen effect to show the change on top half instead of bottom, any ideas?
CeeJay.dk

This is the code for it and I don't know C or C++.

// -- Horizontal 50/50 split --
#if splitscreen_mode == 4
return (tex.y < 0.5) ? myTex2D(s0, tex) : colorInput;
#endif

EDIT - Nevermind, figured it out.

Change it to colorInput : myTex2D(s0, tex);

Last edited by sidspyker; 12-28-2012 at 14:18.

Old
  (#2696)
Wanny
Ancient Guru

Videocard: GTX670 FTW
Processor: i7 3770k 4.5GHz H100i
Mainboard: GA-Z77X-UD5H
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X 1866mhz
Soundcard: Xonar DX w/ Z-5500
PSU: XFX PRO750W XXX
Default 12-28-2012, 14:24 | posts: 7,439 | Location: Canada, Quebec

Quote:
Originally Posted by gridiron whirlw View Post
Nice shots everybody.

Sleeping dogs graphics are so damn good, that I actually like it better without sweet fx.
I find that Sleeping dogs looks too bluish in day time. Another case where day/night settings would be awesome. Maybe some features that detect sky colors/brightness?

Old
  (#2697)
jim2point0
Maha Guru

Videocard: EVGA GeForce GTX 980
Processor: i7-3770K @ 4.4 GHz
Mainboard: Asus Maximus V
Memory: 16GB DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
Soundcard:
PSU: Corsair HX750
Default 12-28-2012, 14:26 | posts: 1,172

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidspyker View Post
EDIT - Nevermind, figured it out.

Change it to colorInput : myTex2D(s0, tex);
You could also just reverse the sign

return (tex.y > 0.5) ? myTex2D(s0, tex) : colorInput;
#endif

Old
  (#2698)
sidspyker
Master Guru

Videocard: MSI Geforce 750Ti
Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T
Mainboard: ASUS Crosshair IV Formula
Memory: aXeram 6GB
Soundcard: Onboard
PSU: Corsair TX650
Default 12-28-2012, 15:28 | posts: 303

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim2point0 View Post
You could also just reverse the sign

return (tex.y > 0.5) ? myTex2D(s0, tex) : colorInput;
#endif
I hate you ._. lol okay seriously, as mentioned before I haven't done C and C++ so I was well let's say...overwhelmed and just asked, then I started understanding it a bit. Now I'm using:
return (tex.y < 0.3) ? colorInput : myTex2D(s0, tex);

To help a friend get rid of the white gradient in AC: Brotherhood, see the weird white on 1/3rd of the screen?

Old
  (#2699)
ninjafada
Master Guru

Default 12-28-2012, 17:43 | posts: 297

still can't understand why both batman crash with sweetfx

nvm i tweaked the cartoon shader to use it with castle crashers:

Code:
/*------------------------------------------------------------------------------
						Cartoon
------------------------------------------------------------------------------*/

float4 CartoonPass( float4 colorInput, float2 Tex )
{
  float3 CoefLuma2 = float3(0.0126, 0.3152, 0.2722);  //Values to calculate luma with

float diff1 = dot(CoefLuma2,myTex2D(s0, Tex + pixel).rgb);
  diff1 -= dot(CoefLuma2,myTex2D(s0, Tex - pixel).rgb);
  float diff2 = dot(CoefLuma2,myTex2D(s0, Tex +float2(pixel.x,-pixel.y)).rgb);
  diff2 -= dot(CoefLuma2,myTex2D(s0, Tex +float2(-pixel.x,pixel.y)).rgb);

float edge = dot(float2(diff1,diff2),float2(diff1,diff2));

colorInput.rgb = saturate(colorInput.rgb - edge * 1.5);

return colorInput;
}
now i gonna add the others shaders to tweak it a little more ^^

wip:

Last edited by ninjafada; 12-28-2012 at 21:28.

Old
  (#2700)
4hwgenxx

Videocard: 2x 7970 CFX
Processor: intel i7 980X@4.45Ghz
Mainboard: Gigabyte X58A-UD9
Memory: 12Gb 1640MhzC9
Soundcard:
PSU: Enermax PLATIMAX 850W
Default 12-28-2012, 18:34 | posts: 3 | Location: Italy

someone has ever made a config for "GHOST RECON FUTURE SOLDIER"??? Thanks and i miss the "PRESENTATION" section, so here i am!!!! =) I love this forum!!!! But i never registrered until now!

Closed Thread