Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Hardware > Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats
Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats A cracking SoundBlaster ? Got new Speakers ? Be heard in here !

Creative Sound Blaster Z
Old
  (#1)
fbsoft

Videocard: EVGA 760
Processor: Intel i5
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: Hi power
Default Creative Sound Blaster Z - 05-31-2015, 13:54 | posts: 2

Hello, I have recently bought a Creative Z, and replaced my old PCI Creative X-FI xtreme.
My problem is that I need a modded driver to have in the playback / speakers section with the master volume, and the line in as well ( as you know in Z series the line-in is shared with the mic, I cannot care less about the mic, as I need the line in for the TV tunner to get the audio in the line in. Can some one guide me on how to make that change in the drivers ? Is it ini related, or library related ? I haven't worked with drivers so far.

Thank you

Old
  (#2)
xaudiox
Master Guru

Videocard: MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G
Processor: i7 4770k
Mainboard: Asus Z87 Pro
Memory: 8Gb Hyperx Genesis
Soundcard: Sound Blaster Z
PSU: OCZ ZX850
Default 05-31-2015, 20:36 | posts: 176 | Location: UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbsoft View Post
Hello, I have recently bought a Creative Z, and replaced my old PCI Creative X-FI xtreme.
My problem is that I need a modded driver to have in the playback / speakers section with the master volume, and the line in as well ( as you know in Z series the line-in is shared with the mic, I cannot care less about the mic, as I need the line in for the TV tunner to get the audio in the line in. Can some one guide me on how to make that change in the drivers ? Is it ini related, or library related ? I haven't worked with drivers so far.

Thank you
All i can suggest is ask here... http://www.hardwareheaven.com/commun...-z-zx-zxr.193/
"Robert McClelland" does a tweaked driver, he might be able to help.

Old
  (#3)
fbsoft

Videocard: EVGA 760
Processor: Intel i5
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: Hi power
Default 06-02-2015, 09:09 | posts: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaudiox View Post
All i can suggest is ask here...
"Robert McClelland" does a tweaked driver, he might be able to help.
Thanks, I had asked him, but he only tweaks the ini files, to give better outputs, but he doesn't know how to do it...