Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Hardware > Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats
Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats A cracking SoundBlaster ? Got new Speakers ? Be heard in here !

Sennheiser RS 170 constant hiss coming from the right ear of the headphones
Old
  (#1)
Fumega

Videocard: 2*MSI / GTX680 / 2048
Processor: I7 3930K
Mainboard: Asus Rampage IV Formula
Memory: DDR3 16360MB
Soundcard:
PSU: Corsair HX850
Default Sennheiser RS 170 constant hiss coming from the right ear of the headphones - 01-15-2015, 03:27 | posts: 13 | Location: Portugal

Hello.

So after reading good reviews about the Sennheiser RS 170, I decided to give it a go and bought a pair.

But there is a HUGE problem, and that problem is that there is a constant hiss coming from the right ear of the headphones (it doesn't matter if I turn up or down the volume, the hiss is always there and is constant)... It's extremely annoying and it makes it impossible to watch anything because of the said hiss.

I've already tried to disconnect the 3.5mm jack from the TV and other sources just to make sure it was not my TV or other sources sending the hiss through, and it wasn't given the fact the hiss is still there even after disconnecting the 3.5 mm jack.

Only when I disconnect the base from the AC, the hiss stops.

So, it's not a source problem (even after disconnecting the 3.5mm jack the hiss is still there), it's not headphone internal problem (after disconnecting the base the hiss stops), which probably means that the base has some kind of issue and sending the hiss through.

Has anyone experienced this problem?

Regards.

Last edited by Fumega; 01-15-2015 at 03:38.