IGN: Why Do People 'Hate' EA? - Seriously? What is that all about? We asked EA.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Final8ty, Jun 16, 2012.

1. Final8ty

Final8ty Master Guru

GPU:
    2x5970 Toxic 4GB 900/1200
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/14/why-do-people-hate-ea

2. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    I don't want to rehash this.

I'm done buying any of it. EA, Activision, doesn't ****ing matter. The second I think they've turned things around, they try to sell me an overpriced turd.

There are many things that determine the kind of company that will produce good games. However, IMO the best litmus test is "Do they support modders?". Every great game company encourages creativity not only from their devs, but also from their fans.

3. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
  4. deathfrag

deathfrag Guest

can somone delete the stupid post of "Sinaster" plz !!!

5. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    My dislike for EA comes from a combination of various things.

But mostly, their attitude.
    The smugness of their comments, how they talk about their products/services when compared to others.
    Add in terrible customer service, lack of product support...

And despite what the article on IGN says, there are still constantly tons and tons of reports of current employees and ex-employees of EA saying the working environment did improve for a while, but has no gotten just as bad if not worse then it was before.

A lot of gamers are willing to ignore the employee treatment because EA releases Mass Effect and Battlefield games and various sports games they love.
    But, the halfassed support and attitude... EA stand side by side with Activision in my eyes as two of the worst publishers/companies in the industry.

6. resante

resante Member

GPU:
    Evga GTX670
    ????

7. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    It's called racism and it's not tolerated here, so let's please leave out the racial slurs from now on, thanks...

8. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I remember they described those who criticized DA2 as petulant children! :puke2:

9. deathfrag

deathfrag Guest

this

10. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    Whats this? Another EA hate thread? There must be thousands of these on the net. :bonk:

I don't hate EA, but I do hate their overkill "DRM" system they have in place.

But they're in it for the money, so what ya gonna do?

Remember folks, the dollar comes before EVERYTHING!. :bonk:

11. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    As a consumer, i like EA just fine. As far as business practices, i don't usually bother to read or care about it. They have some games i really like, they play really well on my PC.
    As far as prices, well i have to chuckle when people forgot what games used to cost back in the 80's. Some of them upwards of $80 and plenty of crappy titles as the worst made today.

12. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    ^ on average that's what we are still paying for PC games here in NZ.

13. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    And quite often the top modders eventually become employees. Seen this happen back in the UT99 area.

I don't mind EA as bad as I do hate Activision but like they said, in the end it's about profit and imo EA still has more quality games then Activision.

Tbh Activision doesn't have quality games anymore imo, just bloody cash cows the sheep flock to.

14. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yeah.
    They don't openly accept criticism or constructive feedback. It's this smug attitude that their games are great, and if you dislike it... you're an idiot.

As you said they insulted people who disliked DA2. I remember some negative comments directed at people who had problems with ME3's ending, and they threw out some names for people who bad mouthed BF3's single player.

15. Raiga

Raiga Maha Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    EA stunts like -> Steam sales "cheapen intellectual property" says EA Origin boss

:mad4: DA2, oh how I remember it. Worse purchase..ever...

...and ME3 was acceptable (it was **** and obvious anyways)

Multiplayer in BF3 beta was nice, too bad I didn't play the full game or its MP.

16. bobdude

bobdude Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6gb
    Congratulations this thread wins the epic stamp of.........................

[​IMG]

17. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    I love how IGN courteously gave EA an "article" where they could tell their sob story about how hard they try to please customers. It's cute and shows how paid off IGN really is.

18. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    i hate EA decisions, not every game ever released by them.

some of their games oozed with quality, other were downright mediocre.

i can accept the fact they want money and they like to squeeze every drop of milk from the cow, but i won't accept from a big company like EA to release games well below INDIE level and ask 60$ for it.

the good news is that as customers, we can refuse the offers and avoid the titles. [​IMG]

19. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    All the major sites are just that. No different than magazines! That's why I rely on forums for feedback on games and news :D

20. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Bit-tech has somewhat decent game reviews. Sure they've had a few paid off articles, but for the most part they're clean.