UEFA Champions League !

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by slick3, Apr 15, 2012.

1. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Just haven't seen a football thread on here for a very long time, but i'm sure there are some football viewers out there ! :D

So what are your views on it ... ? I personally think Munich will win it, Barca won't get past Chelsea I believe ... although Madrid and Munich will be a fanstastic match as a neutral, Munich will just edge it because they play fantastic football :D

2. Anfield82

Anfield82 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 7970
    I always wondered why there wasn't much football discussion on here. Personally, I don't care who gets to the final and wins as I don't support any of the teams left in (Liverpool fan here :bang: ). I just want to see a good game of football, nothing beats the CL.

3. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    barcelona will win it no doubt in a madrid vd barcelona final.

4. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Don' take this the wrong way mate, but do you actually watch European football? I mean all of the teams you are talking about?

Chelsea are rubbish, they've improved since Di Matteo took over, but they still blow hot and cold on a major basis, Barce are by far the favourites especially over two legs.

Real Madrid also play fantastic football, they're playing some of their best football in the last decade at the moment, i agree it will be a great match for the neutral but again based on that it will be a touch match to call, Madrid would probably be the favourites again playing over two legs. There's more chance of Bayern beating Madrid than there is of Chelsea beating Barce though.

5. Daftshadow

Daftshadow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080
    ^yep.

Chelsea got better with Di Matteo but Barca's game, especially their passing is going to be way too much for Chelsea to handle. I got Barca taking both legs. Bayern has been a bit inconsistent this year. They've won some big games and lost against teams they shouldn't have any trouble with. Real Madrid is just playing too good right now and I have them probably draw first leg and second leg they take it. We're gonna see El Clasico UEFA Champion's League final.

6. styka

styka Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 480 8GB RD
    Lol, how is chelsea able to go past barca, only if Ovrebo decided to repay his mistakes from 2009.

Its already there, el classico for the finals.

What irks me the most is that the media keeps saying EPL teams are no longer a force in the CL.

Chelsea has went throuh rough patches and team transition, arsenal got their ass kicked by so many injuries with 2 of their best players leaving, the same for man united with so many injuries, and man city i dont really care whats goin on with em.

The amount of games epl teams have, and with no holidays, why is everything so hyped that epl teams just dont have what it takes in the UCL.

Ffs, this is just the first season epl teams got obliterated, i mean next year could be an all england semi-finals, who wouldve even thought newcastle are able to reach the UCL qualifications next season.

7. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    basketball ftw! :D

i do like football too but i don't cheer for any team, i only enjoy Euro and World Cups.

8. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070

No need for excuses , arsenal is a crap team atm. when van persie leaves to barcelona end of the season it will be even worse next year. they miss personality players.

9. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Haha yes i do ... i just don't want to see Barca win another Champions league trophy, the so called "fans" run their mouths too much ! And me being a ManUtd supporter ...... well :/

Barca will probably win it ... i don't want it to happen though.

However i will stick to my opinion that Bayern will beat Madrid ! Madrid is a good team, however watching Munich play in the Champions League, they play more as a "team" than Madrid and their stars ... although i could be wrong on that one too ! Madrid is a great team, however they have not been properly tested in the CL yet ! And playing in LaLiga, they mostly drew or lost against the decent teams ...

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  10. styka

styka Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 480 8GB RD
    Nah, i don't think persie is leaving in the summer. What do you mean no excuses ? Arsenal lost Nasri and Fabregas at the same time.

Song is doing particularly good, Rosicky back to form. Arteta surprisingly doing good.
    It's not a matter of excuses, but it's what really is happening, it's an explanation of why United beat Arsenal 8 - 2. It's not an excuse, it's a fact that losing your best players + playmaker + captain is a blow to any team.

I'm a United fan, but Arsenal deserves credit, they aren't "crap".

11. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    there are big rumours barcelona wants van persie and gareth bale. its a footballers dream to play there, dont really see why they wouldnt go. especially when one wants to win prices. (which arsenal arent capable of in a long time)

Current arsenal stand pale to a team with players like: henry , bergkamp, vierra,ashley cole,ljungberg,pires, Toure,Campbell,lehmann,silva

players with personality

imho current players really lack of that tbh. they are too predictable. even old player like bergkamp said that. they sold fabregas and nasri for allot of money , and didnt invest in many new players. looks like their plan failed.
    im not gonna give credit because they are arsenal, im watching football to see great teams not for the sake of the club.

12. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Gareth bale simply would not fit their style of play, that would be a big waste of money ! When it comes to RVP, i doubt he will leave Arsenal ! If he were to leave, I don't think it would be for Barcelona ! Probably Madrid, another BPL team or some team in the Bundensliga if anywhere !

13. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    bale could fit right in , replacing dani alvez , every player needs to adjust to their style of play because barcelona is unique really. they dont go adjusting teamstyle to the players. the players need to adjust to the system of barcelona. (best team of all time probably) robin van persie is very charmed of barcelona aswell, he stated that a few times already.

14. styka

styka Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 480 8GB RD
    Those rumors are so old, those rumors always come when a player's contract is nearing their end, it happens all the time, hypes.

Bale would definitely not go in Guardiola's scheme, that is if you watch how Bale plays.

And Persie also said that he will see out til the season ends, and that's a fact.

Today's arsenal yeah of course they are pale compared to the Invincibles. But why even compare this team to the invincibles ?? There would be no end if we keep comparing to older past teams :p

Personality ? The whole team was down in 17th on the table, everyone says **** about Wenger and his stupid spendings, not wanting to spend, even say Fire Wenger, and look at where they are now. Safe and sound for a new regulations in UEFA for teams spendings. No one would ever say Arsenal was going to be in top four this season, yet they made it.

Too predictable ? Tell me more about being predictable ?

Ah so you watch football just for the great teams, I watch football because of football. I'm a fan of a team, but love and can appreciate or give credits where it's due. IMHO Arsenal had a great season, with teams that did not show promise at all, yet Wenger is able to rise. A rollercoaster ride for the Gunners.

15. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    No actually these are new rumours. van persie's contrakt is not ending at all. its next year actually. gareth bale i dont know really.
    lol at the invincibles, didnt know they were called that way :D anyways you always compair to previous teams where they actually won a prize.
    listen im not saying anything bad of wenger, i think he is a great manager really (besides sent to the tribunes a few times), but he remade boring arsenal into this. im actually for this type of role of a manager, to sit there for a very long time. i just feel arsenal deserves better players. without better players they will never win anything.
    they did have a great comeback this half of the year though thats for sure. especially the last game against milan i was hoping them to score.

anyways what do you guys think of the idea of a camera at the goal line ?
    it happened again at the chelsey - tottingham game yesterday. a goal being given what wasnt a goal.

16. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Bale to replace Dani Alves? Alves being a right wing back and bale being a forward left winger??

Bale wouldn't suit Barcelona, Bale is all about pace and power and running with the ball, Barcelona are passing team with a slower tempo than Spurs on the whole, he would have to completely re-think his game... He's to "British" in the way that he plays, there's nothing continental about him in the least.

17. Pvfc-Epic

Pvfc-Epic Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX560Ti DirectCU II
    chelsea should give barca a game at stamford bridge and they will try to cancel messi out which i doubt to be honest so maybe a close 2-1 to barca or maybe draw at stamford then off to the neu camp and barca will take em apart.

not sure on other semi-final im not up to date with german football but am gonna throw my hat in the ring and go for madrid over the 2 legs.

any of you guys follow english domestic cups ? liverpool v chelsea at wembley could make interesting viewing :)

and chelseas win over tottenham yesterday was a bit hard on tottenham especially after the ref giving a goal that wasnt really turned the game.

while im on that subject what do you guys think of goalmouth technology ?

i certianly think its needed and can think of many goals that would have stood or not stood if we had it place...

18. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Lol, barca will d1ck Chelsea. Real v Barca final. Whoever is better on the day will win it.

19. Anfield82

Anfield82 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 7970
    There is a video of RVP when he was younger saying he wants to play for arsenal then barca. We shall see what happens, maybe fabregas is sending him texts lol.

20. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Barca will stuff Chelsea.