Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > General > Games, Gaming & Game-demos
Games, Gaming & Game-demos You can talk about the latest games here and more ..

Closed Thread

Battlefield 3 (Official Thread) Pt. 3
Old
  (#1)
aircool
Don Aircooleone

Videocard: Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
Processor: Intel i5 2500K @ Stock
Mainboard: ASUS P8Z68-V LX
Memory: Corsair 8GB @ 1600
Soundcard: ALC887 - Inspire P580.
PSU: Antec TruePower New 650W
Default Battlefield 3 (Official Thread) Pt. 3 - 04-09-2012, 14:31 | posts: 13,651 | Location: Devon, In A Little Town.

Proceed with your original discussion.

Part 2 http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=353975

Don Aircooleone

Old
  (#2)
KissSh0t
Maha Guru

Videocard: XFX AMD R9 270 DD 2GB
Processor: Phenom 955 @3.8GHz 1.380v
Mainboard: ASUS M5A97 R2.0
Memory: 8GB 1333 CL7 Ripjaws X
Soundcard: X-Fi XtremeMusic
PSU: Corsair HX650W
Default 04-09-2012, 15:45 | posts: 2,227 | Location: 0.0.0.0

Battlefield 3 Thread has a part three Thread~~

Old
  (#3)
Burnt_Ram
Ancient Guru

Videocard: EVGA GTX 580 SLi
Processor: Core i5 @ 4.2 H20 Cooled
Mainboard: Asus P7P55D Deluxe
Memory: G.Skill RipJaw 1600 2x4GB
Soundcard: Via HD 7.1
PSU: Corsair HX1050W
Default 04-09-2012, 15:48 | posts: 5,926 | Location: British Columbia

taking a seat for the third time ...

Old
  (#4)
ShadowDuke
Maha Guru

Videocard: GigaByte GTX 660 oc / 2gb
Processor: AMD FX-6300 (3,5GHz)
Mainboard: MSI 970A-G43
Memory: 8GB Crucial DDR3 (1600)
Soundcard: Creative Inspire 5300
PSU: Antec HCG-620M
Default 04-09-2012, 17:15 | posts: 1,843 | Location: Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaplane pilot
What happened to the RPK? They added mag upgrade but it seems it take more shots to take a player down after ther patch.

It also seems the sniper have some kind of armor now? Lol! Damn sniper overload on most servers. Bah!
http://symthic.com/f/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=471

Old
  (#5)
Anfield82
Maha Guru

Videocard: MSI 7970
Processor: i5 4670K @ 4.4
Mainboard: Gigabyte Z87-HD3
Memory: Vengeance Pro 8GB 2133MHz
Soundcard: On board
PSU: Corsair RM650
Default 04-09-2012, 17:40 | posts: 1,157 | Location: UK

Massive thread is massive. BF3 thread ftw.

Old
  (#6)
Mr_Alexander
Maha Guru

Videocard: EVGA GTX 780ti
Processor: i7920@3.6 Coolmaster V8
Mainboard: ASUS RAMPAGE EXTREME II
Memory: OCZ PC-12800 1600MHS GOLD
Soundcard: Auzen X-Fi Forte 7
PSU: CORSAIR CMPSU-1000HX 1000
Default 04-09-2012, 18:44 | posts: 1,814 | Location: TORONTO, CANADA

I really hope they will fix heat seekers against jets soon. Right now Helly is absolutely defenseless against them. Once we managed to steal second chopper from the other team and tried together to bring one jet down. The pilot of the jet did not even bother to release flares after we launched rockets. All of them exploded behind jet like some fireworks without doing any damage. Eventually he shot us down one by one. The only time the chopper has chance is when you have one good jet pilot in your team who protects choppers from jets.
I love flying chopper in this game even though I do not get a lot of kills just a lot of assist from the gunner. On Saturday I met a guy who loves to be a gunner in the chopper. He is so good with TV missiles I could not believe it. All I had to do is bring him high and he was launching them into tanks, jeeps, lavs, choppers. They could not move far from their base at all. He shot all camping snipers from the antenna in the Caspian Border. Once he managed to bring down a jet. We were lucky also because we had a good jet pilot in our team. He protected us from their jets. Sometimes I had to do sharp dive when the jet was attacking and do a few quick passes close to the ground and shoot some infantry on the way. The moment the sky was clear again I climbed again and we continue. After the map was finished my gunner's score was 74/14 and he got around 50000 points. It was my best game ever. I had only 12 kills but my score was 530000. LOL.

Old
  (#7)
Anubis
Ancient Guru

Videocard: Gigabyte GTX 460 1GB
Processor: Q6600@3.4Ghz - CM V8
Mainboard: Asus P5Q pro -modded bios
Memory: 8gb Corsair
Soundcard: -
PSU: LC-Power Metatron 8750II
Default 04-09-2012, 22:24 | posts: 2,782 | Location: ∞

I also love the gunner seat..
With thermal optics and a good pilot , it's sooooo easy to get kills (in a Viper ofc)... Especially on Caspian, flying circles from Forest-Gas Station-Hilltop-Checkpoint..

Need to get better with the tv missile thou..
+stealing the enemy chopper is a must

Old
  (#8)
KissSh0t
Maha Guru

Default 04-10-2012, 09:24 | posts: 2,227 | Location: 0.0.0.0

Me = joins Conquest Large game with full tickets, So I'm expecting a nice long match.

Me = Faced with enemy team all close to level 100 players and no way of getting out of spawn, game was over in 4 Minutes.

Exits out at end of match to find a better server, BattleLog is Updating~

Yay.

If you are a nearly level 100 player, Please go and get out of the house.

Old
  (#9)
Fusion_XT
Maha Guru

Videocard: GTX TITAN HO
Processor: Intel i7 980X HO
Mainboard: Gigabyte X58A-UD7
Memory: 6GB Corsair Dominator 1T
Soundcard: AuzenTech Forte w/ Z-5400
PSU: Corsair HX1000
Default 04-10-2012, 09:45 | posts: 812 | Location: Netherlands

You have it hard in ur silly little chopper ??

What about Mobile-AA ?! Shees i love pumping low passing jets and choppers full of lead but its a pain in the ASS!.

I have no defense what so ever against both of them .... AA-Missile's are a joke!! Never ever gonna score a hit since flares are on a ridiculous small CD, they pop um like mad!

Rockets pods on the chopper and jets have a enormous range and have like zero spread!, been killed so many times by a chopper who was flying a zillion miles away!. Once the first rocket hits and you try to move out of the danger zone its already to late.... Even with Reactive armor!.

The range of the main AA gun is somewhat lacking but the damage .... not even going to start there.

Yesterday on Caspian border the 2 jets and the chopper were all hunting me! Had to dodge TV-missile's left and right (What is the CD on those things ?!?!) and jets coming from high above diving like mad .... it was fun but i couldn't do anything!. I played for like 1 hour and no AA-Missile had hit its target...

And the unlock for AA .... ARE A MASSIVE FAIL !!

Proximity scan, Zoom optics, Belt speed, Thermal, Air Radar ARE you kidding me ?!?!?! I dont need any of those!. Where is my guided missile?! where is my laser painter? FFS!

Last edited by Fusion_XT; 04-10-2012 at 10:01.

Old
  (#10)
KissSh0t
Maha Guru

Default 04-10-2012, 09:58 | posts: 2,227 | Location: 0.0.0.0

Because I exited the game that I got owned in and BattleLog updated right after exiting.. the Game report wasn't saved xD

So it never happened :-D

Last edited by KissSh0t; 04-10-2012 at 13:03.

Old
  (#11)
Gibbonlimbs
Master Guru

Videocard: GTX 680 4GB Jet****** SLI
Processor: i7 920 @ 4.2GHz
Mainboard: Asus Rampage III Extreme
Memory: 6GB DDR3
Soundcard:
PSU: Corsair HX1000
Default 04-10-2012, 21:22 | posts: 201 | Location: England, Grimsby

Quote:
Originally Posted by KissSh0t View Post
Because I exited the game that I got owned in and BattleLog updated right after exiting.. the Game report wasn't saved xD

So it never happened :-D
Hooyah!

Old
  (#12)
Gaizokubanou
Maha Guru

Videocard: Sapphire HD 7970
Processor: i7 930 @ 3.8ghz 1.25v
Mainboard: Asus P6X56D-E
Memory: DDR3 6GB
Soundcard: ASUS Xonar DX
PSU: Corsair HX750W
Default 04-10-2012, 21:44 | posts: 1,234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusion_XT View Post

Proximity scan, Zoom optics, Belt speed, Thermal, Air Radar ARE you kidding me ?!?!?! I dont need any of those!. Where is my guided missile?! where is my laser painter? FFS!

Ohhh you silly goose, you were suppose to bully the poor infantry with your self propelled AA, not actually fight against air vehicles!

Old
  (#13)
Mr_Alexander
Maha Guru

Default 04-10-2012, 23:45 | posts: 1,814 | Location: TORONTO, CANADA

Guys I have a question.
My friend is Russian but he lives in Germany. He bought digital copy of the game through Origin. He has two languages to choose from during installation either English or German. He does not speak English and he does not want a game in German. He wants it to be in Russian.
I contacted a live support for him and asked them if it was possible to switch the game to Russian. The operator said that if he had bought physical copy of the game he could have chosen any language but since it was digital and he bought it in Germany it could be only English or German. He asked me if there were some other way to do it. I said I would ask my friends at Guru3d. So guys do you think there is a way or it is not possible?
Thanks in advance.

Old
  (#14)
slickric21
Maha Guru

Videocard: MSI 970 Gaming /AOC GSync
Processor: 4770k 4.4ghz
Mainboard: MSI Z87 DG65
Memory: 16Gb Gskill TriX 2666mhz
Soundcard: Realtek 1150
PSU: Corsait GS 800
Default 04-10-2012, 23:52 | posts: 2,061 | Location: U.K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusion_XT View Post
You have it hard in ur silly little chopper ??

What about Mobile-AA ?! Shees i love pumping low passing jets and choppers full of lead but its a pain in the ASS!.

I have no defense what so ever against both of them .... AA-Missile's are a joke!! Never ever gonna score a hit since flares are on a ridiculous small CD, they pop um like mad!

Rockets pods on the chopper and jets have a enormous range and have like zero spread!, been killed so many times by a chopper who was flying a zillion miles away!. Once the first rocket hits and you try to move out of the danger zone its already to late.... Even with Reactive armor!.

The range of the main AA gun is somewhat lacking but the damage .... not even going to start there.

Yesterday on Caspian border the 2 jets and the chopper were all hunting me! Had to dodge TV-missile's left and right (What is the CD on those things ?!?!) and jets coming from high above diving like mad .... it was fun but i couldn't do anything!. I played for like 1 hour and no AA-Missile had hit its target...

lol your right mate.

I've been enjoying learning to be Jet pilot the last few weeks, having so much fun being an air-to-ground bomber with the rocket pods.

Its far too easy to destroy Tanks and Mobile AA, the rocket pod (even though its unguided on Jet) is SO easy to hit on target thats been spotted.
Climb high, bank over, hit the air brakes, line up & fire a full pod..reload & fire another pod...... target destroyed, afterburn away.
Rinse & repeat.
Love it.

Old
  (#15)
KissSh0t
Maha Guru

Default 04-11-2012, 04:39 | posts: 2,227 | Location: 0.0.0.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Alexander View Post
Guys I have a question.
My friend is Russian but he lives in Germany. He bought digital copy of the game through Origin. He has two languages to choose from during installation either English or German. He does not speak English and he does not want a game in German. He wants it to be in Russian.
I contacted a live support for him and asked them if it was possible to switch the game to Russian. The operator said that if he had bought physical copy of the game he could have chosen any language but since it was digital and he bought it in Germany it could be only English or German. He asked me if there were some other way to do it. I said I would ask my friends at Guru3d. So guys do you think there is a way or it is not possible?
Thanks in advance.
If there is any way for him to get his hands on the Russian game files from someone else and then putting them in into "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games"..??

I'm not sure of any other way.

Anyone else?

Old
  (#16)
Beast
Maha Guru

Videocard: -
Processor: -
Mainboard: -
Memory: -
Soundcard:
PSU: -
Default 04-11-2012, 06:11 | posts: 870

/edit

Last edited by Beast; 04-11-2012 at 07:06.

Old
  (#17)
Radical_53
Ancient Guru

Videocard: Gigabyte GTX 670
Processor: Intel i7-2600k
Mainboard: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming
Memory: 16GB G.Skill TridentX
Soundcard: Creative SoundBlaster ZXR
PSU: Seasonic X-460 Fanless
Default 04-11-2012, 08:15 | posts: 3,087 | Location: Germany

@alexander: I guess it would've been easier if he asked this before he went out and bought something. There are lots of shops that sell gamekeys over here and the cheapest version is usually the Russian one. The shop then provides the files needed to change it back to English/German.
It's weird EA says they can't change it but he should try to have them revoke the license / refund his money. The Russian version of the game should be around 20$ but I'm rather sure he can't have two licenses of BF3 in his Origin account.

Old
  (#18)
Gaizokubanou
Maha Guru

Videocard: Sapphire HD 7970
Processor: i7 930 @ 3.8ghz 1.25v
Mainboard: Asus P6X56D-E
Memory: DDR3 6GB
Soundcard: ASUS Xonar DX
PSU: Corsair HX750W
Default 04-11-2012, 08:37 | posts: 1,234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_53 View Post
@alexander: I guess it would've been easier if he asked this before he went out and bought something. There are lots of shops that sell gamekeys over here and the cheapest version is usually the Russian one. The shop then provides the files needed to change it back to English/German.
It's weird EA says they can't change it but he should try to have them revoke the license / refund his money. The Russian version of the game should be around 20$ but I'm rather sure he can't have two licenses of BF3 in his Origin account.
I'm pretty sure he can if they are different versions. I have 2 different versions of Battlefield Bad Company 2; One digital deluxe, one regular.

No I didn't buy it twice

Old
  (#19)
Radical_53
Ancient Guru

Videocard: Gigabyte GTX 670
Processor: Intel i7-2600k
Mainboard: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming
Memory: 16GB G.Skill TridentX
Soundcard: Creative SoundBlaster ZXR
PSU: Seasonic X-460 Fanless
Default 04-11-2012, 09:37 | posts: 3,087 | Location: Germany

I got the writing "digital deluxe" too when I used my key in Origin. On the other hand I wouldn't want to pay twice for a single game (in this case it would almost be three times the "normal" price for a Russian version as BF3 is ~50 regularly).

Old
  (#20)
Anubis
Ancient Guru

Videocard: Gigabyte GTX 460 1GB
Processor: Q6600@3.4Ghz - CM V8
Mainboard: Asus P5Q pro -modded bios
Memory: 8gb Corsair
Soundcard: -
PSU: LC-Power Metatron 8750II
Default 04-11-2012, 11:48 | posts: 2,782 | Location: ∞

Quote:
Guys I have a question.
Thanks in advance.
He could try downloading a Russian torrent, and replace the files..
But every time there's an update, he would need to replace those files again, as they would be overwritten with original german/english ones..
It should work that way.. Atleast it works the other way arround..

But as said before by someone.. It may have been more simple if he goes for a refund, and buys the game from one of the various gamekeys sites, which will get him the game in russian by default for a fraction of the price on origin....

Old
  (#21)
GandraZz
Master Guru

Videocard: 555m 2GB 665/1330 FHD
Processor: 2630QM
Mainboard: Clevo w150hrm
Memory: 8GB
Soundcard:
PSU: 120W brick
Default 04-11-2012, 12:14 | posts: 375 | Location: Lithuania

Quote:
Guys I have a question.
Thanks in advance.
Hi, you can buy bf3 russian cd-key from vssp.lt for 14 (I can help to buy, or buy for and you just send money) I already bought some games from there. Also you can later change language to english if you want.

Old
  (#22)
Mr_Alexander
Maha Guru

Default 04-11-2012, 17:33 | posts: 1,814 | Location: TORONTO, CANADA

Thank you very much to all of you. I will pass on him all your suggestions. Once again Guru3D is the best place to get quick and best help.
To me the best option would be is to buy Russian key and install the game. Money is not a problem for him but I do not think he will be happy about it. He is rank 52 and he has some unique achievements too like he has longest head shot about 1121 meters. I guess if he gets new key he will have to start from the beginning.

Last edited by Mr_Alexander; 04-11-2012 at 17:39.

Old
  (#23)
ShadowDuke
Maha Guru

Videocard: GigaByte GTX 660 oc / 2gb
Processor: AMD FX-6300 (3,5GHz)
Mainboard: MSI 970A-G43
Memory: 8GB Crucial DDR3 (1600)
Soundcard: Creative Inspire 5300
PSU: Antec HCG-620M
Default 04-11-2012, 23:15 | posts: 1,843 | Location: Germany

Russian files + reg ru_ru is the easiest way, plus as mentioned you need everytime a patch comes out, the new patch file for your lang version.

\Battlefield 3\GDFBinary_ru_RU.dll 426kb (probably not needed)
\Battlefield 3\Data\Win32\Loc\ru.sb 799mb
\Battlefield 3\Data\Win32\Loc\ru.toc 194kb

reg for rus:
Quote:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\EA Games\Battlefield 3]
"GDFBinary"="C:\\Spiele\\Battlefield 3\\GDFBinary_ru_RU.dll"
"GameExplorer"="{C4F74598-F5AA-430B-A606-C5251C60DD99}"
"DisplayName"="Battlefield 3"
"Locale"="ru_RU"
"Product GUID"="{64BFBE7A-886C-4CA2-A9B4-0C2B5A5942BC}"
"Install Dir"="C:\\Spiele\\Battlefield 3\\"

Last edited by ShadowDuke; 04-11-2012 at 23:19.

Old
  (#24)
Mr_Alexander
Maha Guru

Default 04-12-2012, 00:02 | posts: 1,814 | Location: TORONTO, CANADA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDuke View Post
Russian files + reg ru_ru is the easiest way, plus as mentioned you need everytime a patch comes out, the new patch file for your lang version.

\Battlefield 3\GDFBinary_ru_RU.dll 426kb (probably not needed)
\Battlefield 3\Data\Win32\Loc\ru.sb 799mb
\Battlefield 3\Data\Win32\Loc\ru.toc 194kb

reg for rus:
Thanks a lot man.

Old
  (#25)
KissSh0t
Maha Guru

Default 04-12-2012, 07:30 | posts: 2,227 | Location: 0.0.0.0

Funniest thing I have read on BattleLog in a while..

Follow the rulez of Dirtyharryanism

Thou shall not camp ( unless ur playing da objective )
Thou shall play hard
Thou shall not use the Noobtube
Thou shall USE NO OTHER HANDGUN THAN DA MIGHTY .44
Thou shall love the forumfield
Thou shall be not Shady !!! Nor one of his goons
Thou should not knife da sniper but shoot him in da head point blank

Closed Thread