Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Affiliates > ATI Tray Tools
ATI Tray Tools This forum is intended for comments, ideas and general discussion of the ATI Tray Tools Utility which is hosted here at the Guru of 3D. This forum is visited by programmer himself.

Ati Tray Tools + Dxtory = Instant crashes
Old
  (#1)
KommunistDK
Master Guru

Videocard: ATI HD 5850
Processor: i7 920 3,6 GHz
Mainboard: Asus P6T Deluxe V2
Memory: 6GB DDR3
Soundcard: Soundmax
PSU: 600W
Default Ati Tray Tools + Dxtory = Instant crashes - 03-24-2012, 14:50 | posts: 203 | Location: Denmark

Hi.

I'm using DxTory, very fond of it, but I've also just installed ATT on my laptop to do some automatic clock-switching (the whole 2d/3d thing) seeing as rivatuner doesn't work on my 6970M.

Thing is, when dxtory is running and I launch a game after configuring auto-overclocking, the game crashes instantly. I've added dxtory and dxtory64.exe to the exclude list but nothing works. I have to have dxtory closed if i wanna use auto overclock.

However, I made a custom game profile with CS 1.6 and as we know there's an option to 'disable osd' (even tho osd is disabled in it's own "settings" part of ATT) and that made it possible to have dxtory running while launching the game.

So my quetion is kinda... is there a way to REALLY disable (force) ATT OSD everywhere, seeing as it is the thing causing the crashes?

Thx

Last edited by KommunistDK; 03-24-2012 at 16:06.