Mafia 3 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...lping-rockstar-with-grand-theft-auto-5-report

:banana::banana:

2. dshramek

dshramek Guest

so, it will be another 5 years before we see it?..lol

3. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    As long as they don't try to turn it into another GTA I'll be fine. I loved Mafia II, and they need to keep that same style going.

4. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Yeah, by that stage it will suffer from next gen consolitis :(. Games will probably be passable for the first year or two (although still limited since they're based around at best, a mid range card), but in 5 years...

Mafia II had some things cut out of it (like the countryside gameplay) because of console's ability, I really hope it makes a comeback in Mafia III. I also hope proper freeride comes back like in Mafia I, and also Freeride Extreme once the game is finished. Freeride extreme would probably be considered DLC in todays world, its just a few extra tasks to do that bend 'realism'.

5. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Another cut-content game? No thanks.

6. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Mafia2 was ... uninspiring. Walking around in a static city and getting shot out my car was all i remember.

7. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    lol sounds about right.

8. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    If its for the next gen consoles at least the graphics will be good. And for everything else, hopefully they look back and see what actually made Mafia 1 a good game.
    Mafia 2 was barley on the OK side.

9. Vandrende Pind

Vandrende Pind Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 Vapor-X
    Awesome news. :banana::banana::banana: Mafia II is one of my favorite single player games, love the mafia theme.

Hopefully Mafia 3 will have a more interactive environment.

10. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    The biggest "problem" with Mafia II wasn't with the game. It was what people expected from the game.
    So many people expected this giant, open world sandbox game (like GTA) then when they got Mafia II they were almost instantly put off.

Anyone who approached Mafia II thinking "open world" was due for disappointment. That was never the focus of the series, never the style. Yes, there's a whole city there for you... but it's only intended as background dressing for the linear story.
    Same as in the first Mafia. And personally, I hope it stays this way.

I loved Mafia II's focused, linear, and well delivered story (minus the complete lack of an ending).

11. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    yes and about the only game with physx i really enjoyed. shame it really worked for me in this game...

ok had to run on med physx...

12. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    now this is good news, and even better it will be for the next gen console, that means next gen graphics for PC's.

13. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    I agree, but after all the backlash I'd be surprised if they didn't try and flesh out the open world aspects more in the third game. I just hope if they do, it doesn't take away from the great story telling.

14. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Next gen console means current gen PC. That is, current gen 2011 (not 2012!) PC. In 5 years time pc games will again be made to look better through post-processing like almost all games now, rather than a HQ base to start with.

Thats very true. Considering the age of Mafia I, it is far more open world than what Mafia II was. Mafia II definitely had a 'consolised' feel to it, and the lack of Directx 10/10.1 was kind of uninspiring for PC users.

Mafia I was far superior to GTA 3 of the same era, and had great vehicle handling ability etc. The other real good think with Mafia I which you don't see in many games these days - proper alt-tab support.

Yes, you read correctly in the last paragraph, despite its age Mafia I had proper alt-tab support. If you alt-tabbed back into Windows, the game actually went into proper sleep mode, including actually having 'Z's' (as if snoring) in the taskbar... nice touch. Alt-tab with a 'modern' game and it will most likely not like you so much, or continue running in the background in some shape or form.

Oops sorry, was forgetting Mafia I came out before the consoles really took off, the console de-evolution if you like :). The issue isn't that the game systems are outdated when they are released (although the next gen consoles are comparatively lower spec on release), its that they stick around way too long, meaning by the time they are due for a replacement they're ancient.

If you ever come over a console fanboi, point out to them the console tech age, and their phone tech age, and them ask them why they think their (analogously speaking) 6 year only 'phone' (console) is so brilliant and advanced :)

Why the rant? well, because I would hate to think the developers will hold back to suit console needs. They should go out, and then cut features and graphics out as required to suit the console's ability. Why should the developers cripple their vision just to appease some smartalec console user who wouldn't know any better anyway :)

15. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    No, current gen PC's are current gen consoles, PC are hold back by consoles, when next gen consoles will come PC will be next gen also..
    PS: it doesn't matter if PC hardware is more advanced.

16. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Mafia 2 sucked. I loved the first one, the sequel took a nose dive. Whether it was because it was made for consoles in mind or the dev's just botched it, I don't know. I can't say why it was bad, I just know it was. It felt like 2 steps back from the original.

Hopefully 3 can be the game 2 should have been.

17. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    if you hate the fact that Mafia 2 was developed for consoles and then ported to PC then bad news for you, if this news is true then Mafia 3 will be developed for the new xbox and i bet they will make it console only for a year or so..

18. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    And I have bad news for you, you can't read. I said I didn't know why it was bad and wasn't placing the blame on the fact it was made for consoles...

19. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    Yes, I loved both Mafia games

20. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I liked both games, and while i enjoyed the original more it's hard to know if it was the better game, or just down to the fact i was just alot more enthusiastic about games and easier to please when i was younger.

Mafia II did feel abit short, and i was left feeling abit meh, but i got right into the story and the world much more than most other games.

Not sure what the linear nature of the game has to do with consoles though, makes no sense, but i was glad they didn't sell out and make a GTA clone.