Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Hardware > Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats
Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats A cracking SoundBlaster ? Got new Speakers ? Be heard in here !


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old
  (#26)
F1refly
Ancient Guru
 
F1refly's Avatar
 
Videocard: Intel Iris Pro
Processor: Core i7
Mainboard: Apple
Memory: 8 gigs
Soundcard: Apple
PSU: Apple
Default 03-01-2012, 20:24 | posts: 8,806 | Location: Indiana

Technically what Bose does is color the sound ,but is quite inaccurate. Its well known about their inability to pass the standard THX tests. Just simply visit any audiophile forum such as AVS and they'll explain far better why they never use them than I can.
They spend a ton of money on marketing, you can sell anything with good marketing. It only costs $135 in parts to build the Acoustimass 10 series that they charge a grand for example.

this link will provide some better insights
http://www.firstadopter.com/fa/archives/001749.html

Klipsche got bought bout by Audiovox, they use much cheaper parts now. Their nothing like they used to be. But when you get into the small speaker world, the main differences is how they color the sound. just use an Oscilloscope


Quote:
Originally Posted by Slam View Post
You're so full of sh*t, your eyes are brown.

You may, or may not like Bose...or maybe you just can't afford it. But that doesn't mean they don't have any substance to people who like the sound quality they produce. And they wouldn't be so big in the first place, if they didn't have quality product. They are one of the the biggest names in sound, and they didn't get there by making "no substance" product...knucklehead. Think about it.

Price has nothing to do with anything. Although that in itself is often a marketing gimmick. The mentality that higher price must mean its better quality is used for those who are not knowledgable about the product...this is used in everything from Kraft macaroni n cheese to roofing materials. Even lay's potato chips have alternative brands far cheaper that are just as good...think about it "knucklehead"
   
Reply With Quote
 
Old
  (#27)
Slam
Ancient Guru
 
Slam's Avatar
 
Videocard: MSI GTX 970 Gaming
Processor: i7 4930K 4.6ghz
Mainboard: ASRock X79 Extreme6
Memory: 16g G.SKILL TridentX 2400
Soundcard: Bose Companion 5
PSU: Hiper 880W
Default 03-01-2012, 20:50 | posts: 3,111 | Location: Dallas, TX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1refly View Post
..think about it "knucklehead"
Didn't mean to offend your girlfriend. My apologies.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#28)
Slam
Ancient Guru
 
Slam's Avatar
 
Videocard: MSI GTX 970 Gaming
Processor: i7 4930K 4.6ghz
Mainboard: ASRock X79 Extreme6
Memory: 16g G.SKILL TridentX 2400
Soundcard: Bose Companion 5
PSU: Hiper 880W
Default 03-01-2012, 21:01 | posts: 3,111 | Location: Dallas, TX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikavelli View Post
lolumad bro? They are "one of the biggest names in sound" due to marketing and advertising. Their products are second rate, overpriced, cheap quality. Not audiophile grade. It's been analyzed and disected many times. Only a fool would pay $349 MSRP for 2.1 "computer speakers" with one-way drivers. And please, no more ad hominem attacks. You will get slammed trying to compare your salary and education level with me, I guarantee it.
Ah, the "superiority" complex. You must be a very insecure man, swingin' his e-peen around. Only those types would come into a thread that "had" some good discussion going on, and bash someone for buying a product that they enjoy.

News flash. You have to have some quality product to back up what you're selling at a premium price. If all they sold was sh*t product, do you REALLY think that millions of people would continue to buy their product at a premium price? No, they wouldnt. Most people are smart enough to know whether something sounds good to "them", or not. It's personal preference.

A product is worth whatever the customer is willing to pay for it. I listened to a lot of different speaker systems that were setup for demo, and I liked the tone and bass response of the Bose system. I preferred it, I wanted it, I bought it. If I'm a "chump" for buying something that I really enjoy...then I'll wear that label with pride. But I have to ask, who the hell are you to assign that label to people?

And judging by your specs, you definitely don't spend your superior salary on pc parts. And your response to that would be something along the lines of..."I'm happy with what I've got. It does everything I want it to do." My response would be..."So does my Bose system."

Fair enough?
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#29)
momomo67890
Maha Guru
 
momomo67890's Avatar
 
Videocard: 285gtx/4750
Processor: I7 920 @ stock
Mainboard: evga 58x
Memory: 12 g
Soundcard: x-fi forte/xonar stx
PSU: 1k watt PC Power & Coolin
Default 03-01-2012, 22:30 | posts: 2,667 | Location: Austin Tx

ohh come on guys bose are great speakers
   
Reply With Quote
 
Old
  (#30)
Slam
Ancient Guru
 
Slam's Avatar
 
Videocard: MSI GTX 970 Gaming
Processor: i7 4930K 4.6ghz
Mainboard: ASRock X79 Extreme6
Memory: 16g G.SKILL TridentX 2400
Soundcard: Bose Companion 5
PSU: Hiper 880W
Default 03-01-2012, 22:35 | posts: 3,111 | Location: Dallas, TX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momomo67890 View Post
ohh come on guys bose are great speakers
Oh the sarcasm. LOL!

But that would be a correct statement. They are great speakers. I just kicked up some Rush - YYZ on 'em. They sound f'n amazing. And the great thing about these speakers, is that you can crank them full volume, with no distortion. Great tone, and very clean precise bass response. Everything I would expect from speakers at this price point.

Last edited by Slam; 03-01-2012 at 23:09.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#31)
nikavelli
Master Guru
 
Videocard: GTX 780 Ti
Processor: i7 4770k @ 4.2GHz
Mainboard: MSI GD65
Memory: 16GB 1866 Corsair
Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR
PSU: 1200-Watt Corsair
Default 03-01-2012, 23:49 | posts: 404

Now he's trying to insult people's spouses. Sounds like you're the one who's insecure here Slam, otherwise you wouldn't be getting so upset.

And yes, your listed specs are better than my listed specs. Now you're trying to draw some conclusion out of it. That's funny cause you're the one who accuses me of "swingin' e-peen around". You're just a hypocrite. Regardless, whatever computer specs I choose to show makes no difference in this discussion at all. Maybe I'm too lazy or forgot to update my specs. Maybe I just don't care what people see in the boxes under my name. Either way, I own and operate three rigs with wildy different setups. I just got my XSPC RX480 Radiator and Rasa CPU block in the mail yesterday along with some compression fittings for my 2600K setup. I probably spent more on water cooling in one computer than you have on your Bose speakers pal.

As for the rest of your argument, I'm not about to waste my time getting into this circular discussion again. It was already beaten to death in another thread before moderators had to step in. People are sheep man. They buy into the advertising, unbox their shiny new speakers and think it's the best thing since sliced bread. And they will say or do anything to justify their purchase, even in the face of facts or sheer logic. Go to any serious A/V forum, talk to any serious A/V enthusiast. They will tell you Bose is crap to your face. Retail markup is how they fund their advertising.

Last edited by nikavelli; 03-01-2012 at 23:58.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#32)
Slam
Ancient Guru
 
Slam's Avatar
 
Videocard: MSI GTX 970 Gaming
Processor: i7 4930K 4.6ghz
Mainboard: ASRock X79 Extreme6
Memory: 16g G.SKILL TridentX 2400
Soundcard: Bose Companion 5
PSU: Hiper 880W
Default 03-02-2012, 00:19 | posts: 3,111 | Location: Dallas, TX.

I think you missed the point...I was calling you his girlfriend. He ran to your defense very quickly. Had nothing to do with anyone's spouse. You're a little slow on the uptake.

The point you have to remember, is that you started all this. You could have come into the thread, and had a civilized discussion about how you don't really dig Bose systems, and that there is better on the market. A few people in the thread did just that. But instead, you chose to call anyone (in this case, me) who buys Bose, an idiot (or chump as you put it). Therefore, you got what was coming to you. If you want to dish it out, you better damn sure be able to take it.

I agree, in that there's no sense in arguing about it. You are entitled to your opinion, even if it is wrong. You can't argue personal preference. It's a no win position for you. Are you trying to tell me what sounds good to me, and what doesn't? You making that decision for me? Honestly? I could sit down in front of your rig, and listen to your sound system...and say you're a chump for buying it. But I wouldn't do that, because it sounds good to you. And hell, I would even be open minded enough to see if it actually sounded good!

I sometimes think people like you try sooooooooo hard to be different. You put yourself above everyone else, by making it your mission in life not to ride the "Bose" bandwagon for sound, or the "Nike" tennis shoe for running...or whatever the most popular brand is on the market. You just end up looking like a fool.

I'm pretty sure that if you sat down in front of my rig, and cranked up a good quality mp3 of your favorite tunes, you would change your view on it. You may not love it, but I have a feeling you would acknowledge some quality in the sound.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#33)
DirkHardpeck
Master Guru
 
DirkHardpeck's Avatar
 
Videocard: GTX 780 SLI @ 1150/3305
Processor: i5 2500k @ 4.7
Mainboard: Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB
Soundcard: Asus Xonar U7
PSU: Corsair AX860i
Default 03-02-2012, 00:33 | posts: 252 | Location: NJ

I am of the opinion that Bose blows, and hard, based on alot of first-hand experience. Including sales of the stuff and the tactics the companies use to get you, the retailer, to justify selling the stuff. I also know the base cost, and boy is that disheartening.

Still, no reason to sh*t all over someone who is happy with them, which only makes them go on the defensive. Then you end up with this thread of snobby self-importance, e-peen masturbation, e-peen flicking, name calling, and probably the worst part of it all, we drag RUSH into this.

Rush, man. They would sound good coming out of a dead magnetized cat's arsehole, also, this thread has gotten way too f*cktarded to allow a google search of the band to return this juvenile buttf*ckery.

Decent speakers with a decent source will sound decent. Decent is totally...decent. An overpriced Bose system still spanks the tits off what most people use.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#34)
Nato.dbnz
Ancient Guru
 
Nato.dbnz's Avatar
 
Videocard: 5870 Crossfire
Processor: 2500k 4.5GHz
Mainboard: ASUS P8P67 Pro
Memory: 8Gb Dominator 1600
Soundcard: Xonar STX + HD598
PSU: Silverstone Strider 1000W
Default 03-02-2012, 01:00 | posts: 3,263 | Location: Auckland NZ

The point most people are missing here is that as far as computer speaker setups go these Bose are probably pretty good. Sure, anybody with a decent knowledge of audio can tell you that you can get better sound out of a nice amp and some hifi speakers however that is really comparing apples and oranges. I mean, I spent years researching and months listening to gear before putting my own system together and I spent many thousands of dollars on it, and yes, it will completely spank the pants off any set of 2.1 computer speakers but we aren't even talking about the same ballpark here.

If OP enjoys his speakers then that is all that really matters. (although there is no need to get so defensive about it tbh)
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#35)
nikavelli
Master Guru
 
Videocard: GTX 780 Ti
Processor: i7 4770k @ 4.2GHz
Mainboard: MSI GD65
Memory: 16GB 1866 Corsair
Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR
PSU: 1200-Watt Corsair
Default 03-02-2012, 01:05 | posts: 404

Oh my bad. You're insinuating that if two people share an opinion, they must be lovers. That's even more mature. Give me a break and grow up.

And please don't come in here trying to leave a guilt trip on people. It takes two to tango buddy. Your asinine comments are what's catapulting this thread into the realm of stupidity.

And I don't just have an opinion. As F1refly has linked, their are facts (based on examination and comparison) that Bose is ripping people off. Factual data. Proof. So yes, people buying Bose are chumps. Poor saps. Are getting conned. When I used the word "chump", I didn't mean it in a spiteful, mean spirited sort of way that you're making it out to be. And I never used the word "idiot" either so please stop putting words in my mouth.

Finally, the fact that you used the term "good quality mp3" proves that you know and care little about sound quality or mechanics. I'm not sure if I should even go any further with this. FYI, I listen to lossless media only (.flacs and .wavs) on my Benchmark Media DAC1 HDR and Sennheiser HD650's. MP3's are crap just like Bose.

Slam, just stop posting before you make yourself look like more of an idiot (yes, I used the actual word this time).

Last edited by nikavelli; 03-02-2012 at 01:19.
   
Reply With Quote
 
Old
  (#36)
Slam
Ancient Guru
 
Slam's Avatar
 
Videocard: MSI GTX 970 Gaming
Processor: i7 4930K 4.6ghz
Mainboard: ASRock X79 Extreme6
Memory: 16g G.SKILL TridentX 2400
Soundcard: Bose Companion 5
PSU: Hiper 880W
Default 03-02-2012, 01:30 | posts: 3,111 | Location: Dallas, TX.

You know how much disk space I would have to have, if every song I had was in wav format? Come on...

Man...it's really hard these days to find decent people to talk to. This thread started out pretty good, then went to the sh*tter.

Thanks to S†v0r, RagDoll_Effect, Xtreme1979, ASLayerAODsk, DirkHardpeck, sovietdoc, Sever, and analogic for your rational, and well put point of view on the subject.

Looks like I found the "elitist" corner of guru. So many Bose haters. Hard for some people not to hate the top dog, I guess.

Word
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#37)
momomo67890
Maha Guru
 
momomo67890's Avatar
 
Videocard: 285gtx/4750
Processor: I7 920 @ stock
Mainboard: evga 58x
Memory: 12 g
Soundcard: x-fi forte/xonar stx
PSU: 1k watt PC Power & Coolin
Default 03-02-2012, 01:31 | posts: 2,667 | Location: Austin Tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slam View Post
Oh the sarcasm. LOL!

But that would be a correct statement. They are great speakers. I just kicked up some Rush - YYZ on 'em. They sound f'n amazing. And the great thing about these speakers, is that you can crank them full volume, with no distortion. Great tone, and very clean precise bass response. Everything I would expect from speakers at this price point.
... no sarcasm i enjoy bose speakers. well not really but i love reading yall fighting with each other over them
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#38)
Slam
Ancient Guru
 
Slam's Avatar
 
Videocard: MSI GTX 970 Gaming
Processor: i7 4930K 4.6ghz
Mainboard: ASRock X79 Extreme6
Memory: 16g G.SKILL TridentX 2400
Soundcard: Bose Companion 5
PSU: Hiper 880W
Default 03-02-2012, 01:37 | posts: 3,111 | Location: Dallas, TX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momomo67890 View Post
... no sarcasm i enjoy bose speakers. well not really but i love reading yall fighting with each other over them
awesome
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#39)
momomo67890
Maha Guru
 
momomo67890's Avatar
 
Videocard: 285gtx/4750
Processor: I7 920 @ stock
Mainboard: evga 58x
Memory: 12 g
Soundcard: x-fi forte/xonar stx
PSU: 1k watt PC Power & Coolin
Smile 03-02-2012, 01:40 | posts: 2,667 | Location: Austin Tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slam View Post
You know how much disk space I would have to have, if every song I had was in wav format? Come on...

Man...it's really hard these days to find decent people to talk to. This thread started out pretty good, then went to the sh*tter.

Thanks to S†v0r, RagDoll_Effect, Xtreme1979, ASLayerAODsk, DirkHardpeck, sovietdoc, Sever, and analogic for your rational, and well put point of view on the subject.

Looks like I found the "elitist" corner of guru. So many Bose haters. Hard for some people not to hate the top dog, I guess.

Word

after looking at this can u really say bose speakers are top dog.

mic that took this is calibrated. the mic costs more then your speakers for the record.

   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#40)
DirkHardpeck
Master Guru
 
DirkHardpeck's Avatar
 
Videocard: GTX 780 SLI @ 1150/3305
Processor: i5 2500k @ 4.7
Mainboard: Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB
Soundcard: Asus Xonar U7
PSU: Corsair AX860i
Default 03-02-2012, 01:44 | posts: 252 | Location: NJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikavelli View Post
And I don't just have an opinion. As F1refly has linked, their are facts (based on examination and comparison) that Bose is ripping people off. Factual data. Proof.
ORLY? Did you check the link?

My roommate a few years back had Bose 301's. He thought they rocked. I picked up some Wharfedale Valdus 400's for about $200 less for a pair that simply made him want to cry.

FACT. HE WANTED TO CRY.

I am really ****ing sick of telling customers that the Bose speakers are really cheap cardboard and foam pieces of ****...

FACT. THEY ARE MADE OF DIGESTED FOAM-IMPREGNATED FECES.

they display a “harsh high end,” and although the subwoofer adds nice bass, “it makes the guitar sound thin.”


FACT. OBTUSE COMMENTS WITH QUOTATION MARkakanssss blah blah blah you get the idea....

Don't get me wrong. I agree with all of the above...OPINIONS.


Quote:
Finally, the fact that you used the term "good quality mp3" proves that you know and care little about sound quality or mechanics.
320 kbps mp3's are used by alot of people who do, in fact, care about sound quality.


Quote:
I'm not sure if I should even go any further with this. FYI, I listen to lossless media only (.flacs and .wavs) on my Benchmark Media DAC1 HDR and Sennheiser HD650's.


C'mon man, we're just acting like jerks now.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#41)
nikavelli
Master Guru
 
Videocard: GTX 780 Ti
Processor: i7 4770k @ 4.2GHz
Mainboard: MSI GD65
Memory: 16GB 1866 Corsair
Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR
PSU: 1200-Watt Corsair
Default 03-02-2012, 01:47 | posts: 404

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slam View Post
You know how much disk space I would have to have, if every song I had was in wav format? Come on...
Do you know how cheap 1 terabyte (1000+ gigabyte) hard drives are? I don't think you do.. And I also mentioned .flac, not just .wav (a majority of my library is .flac). I doubt you even know what FLAC media is but you can get lossless CD rips with 5:1 compression ratio's I believe. That's like 10 MB per average length song.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slam View Post
Man...it's really hard these days to find decent people to talk to.
Yeah...you're really one to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slam View Post
Looks like I found the "elitist" corner of guru. So many Bose haters. Hard for some people not to hate the top dog, I guess.
Just trying to get the word out so unknowledgeable buyers are not mislead into thinking Bose is a good product based on your opinions. You never know how many sound newbies lurk these forums.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#42)
Slam
Ancient Guru
 
Slam's Avatar
 
Videocard: MSI GTX 970 Gaming
Processor: i7 4930K 4.6ghz
Mainboard: ASRock X79 Extreme6
Memory: 16g G.SKILL TridentX 2400
Soundcard: Bose Companion 5
PSU: Hiper 880W
Default 03-02-2012, 01:49 | posts: 3,111 | Location: Dallas, TX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momomo67890 View Post
after looking at this can u really say bose speakers are top dog.

mic that took this is calibrated. the mic costs more then your speakers for the record.
Need the source of that pic...what mic was used, what sound system, what environment it was recorded in, position of mic relative to speaker placement. So many variables.

And again, sound is subjective.

If the other companies make such a superior product at a cheaper price, then I say knock Bose out of the picture...make 'em go under.

Bottom line: I'm diggin' 'em. If I'm a Bose Kool-aid drinker, then so be it. Give me another glass! After hearing these bad boys, I'm a believer.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#43)
Slam
Ancient Guru
 
Slam's Avatar
 
Videocard: MSI GTX 970 Gaming
Processor: i7 4930K 4.6ghz
Mainboard: ASRock X79 Extreme6
Memory: 16g G.SKILL TridentX 2400
Soundcard: Bose Companion 5
PSU: Hiper 880W
Default 03-02-2012, 01:57 | posts: 3,111 | Location: Dallas, TX.

Nice one, Dirk.

nika,

I think you are either an employee of a Bose competitor, or a disgruntled ex-Bose employee who got fired.

So much hate. Let it go, let it go.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#44)
DirkHardpeck
Master Guru
 
DirkHardpeck's Avatar
 
Videocard: GTX 780 SLI @ 1150/3305
Processor: i5 2500k @ 4.7
Mainboard: Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB
Soundcard: Asus Xonar U7
PSU: Corsair AX860i
Default 03-02-2012, 02:05 | posts: 252 | Location: NJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slam View Post
Need the source of that pic...what mic was used, what sound system, what environment it was recorded in, position of mic relative to speaker placement. So many variables.

And again, sound is subjective.

If the other companies make such a superior product at a cheaper price, then I say knock Bose out of the picture...make 'em go under.

Bottom line: I'm diggin' 'em. If I'm a Bose Kool-aid drinker, then so be it. Give me another glass! After hearing these bad boys, I'm a believer.
Allow me to clarify.



Bring the banhammer, although it should be known those phalluses are made of plastic
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#45)
nikavelli
Master Guru
 
Videocard: GTX 780 Ti
Processor: i7 4770k @ 4.2GHz
Mainboard: MSI GD65
Memory: 16GB 1866 Corsair
Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR
PSU: 1200-Watt Corsair
Default 03-02-2012, 02:05 | posts: 404

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkHardpeck View Post
ORLY? Did you check the link?

My roommate a few years back had Bose 301's. He thought they rocked. I picked up some Wharfedale Valdus 400's for about $200 less for a pair that simply made him want to cry.

FACT. HE WANTED TO CRY.

I am really ****ing sick of telling customers that the Bose speakers are really cheap cardboard and foam pieces of ****...

FACT. THEY ARE MADE OF DIGESTED FOAM-IMPREGNATED FECES.

they display a “harsh high end,” and although the subwoofer adds nice bass, “it makes the guitar sound thin.”


FACT. OBTUSE COMMENTS WITH QUOTATION MARkakanssss blah blah blah you get the idea....

Don't get me wrong. I agree with all of the above...OPINIONS.
Yes, I did check the link. There are links inside his link which I'm referencing. It exposes everything about Bose. "Better profit through marketing" as they say.

On another note, you say you agree with me but at the same time you're going out of your way to shoot down my posts. I don't understand your motivation behind this. Arguing for the sake of arguing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkHardpeck View Post
320 kbps mp3's are used by alot of people who do, in fact, care about sound quality.
The same people who buy Bose speakers and Logitech USB headsets..? No but seriously, you're overlooking the fact that MP3's were created to address storage space concerns. With hard drives getting bigger and cheaper each year (there are 3TB platters now), there's no reason why you shouldn't use lossless. Anyone still ripping libraries into MP3 either doesn't care about sound quality or is too lazy/not informed about alternatives. Not to mention MP3 has been an obsolete standard for years now. There are better codecs out there if you must go that route, AAC for example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slam View Post
Nice one, Dirk.
It's funny you compliment him when in fact he's agreeing that Bose is complete and utter garbage. And you say I'm the one who's a little slow..? Oh the irony..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slam View Post
I think you are either an employee of a Bose competitor, or a disgruntled ex-Bose employee who got fired.
And I think you have your head so far up your... oh forget it. You're just hopeless. You're like every other vehement Bose owner that's posted on these forums. Facts and logic do not penetrate your thick skull. Enjoy your "Better Sound Through Research".

Last edited by nikavelli; 03-02-2012 at 02:32.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#46)
Nato.dbnz
Ancient Guru
 
Nato.dbnz's Avatar
 
Videocard: 5870 Crossfire
Processor: 2500k 4.5GHz
Mainboard: ASUS P8P67 Pro
Memory: 8Gb Dominator 1600
Soundcard: Xonar STX + HD598
PSU: Silverstone Strider 1000W
Default 03-02-2012, 02:13 | posts: 3,263 | Location: Auckland NZ

I was trying to give OP the benefit of the doubt in my last post but now he's just being a fool. Calling Bose "top dog" is like calling Hugh Hefner a virgin.

Sure, they may be top dog of what you have heard but you clearly haven't listened to a wide range of audio equipment if that is the case.

I'm still not saying that you may not be completely happy with them because you clearly are and that's awesome because it's your money, however you are now coming across as somebody who just bought their first ipod and is now going on a preaching rampage about how amazing apple is.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#47)
Slam
Ancient Guru
 
Slam's Avatar
 
Videocard: MSI GTX 970 Gaming
Processor: i7 4930K 4.6ghz
Mainboard: ASRock X79 Extreme6
Memory: 16g G.SKILL TridentX 2400
Soundcard: Bose Companion 5
PSU: Hiper 880W
Default 03-02-2012, 02:16 | posts: 3,111 | Location: Dallas, TX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nato.dbnz View Post
I was trying to give OP the benefit of the doubt in my last post but now he's just being a fool. Calling Bose "top dog" is like calling Hugh Hefner a virgin.

Sure, they may be top dog of what you have heard but you clearly haven't listened to a wide range of audio equipment if that is the case.

I'm still not saying that you may not be completely happy with them because you clearly are and that's awesome because it's your money, however you are now coming across as somebody who just bought their first ipod and is now going on a preaching rampage about how amazing apple is.
"Calling Bose "top dog" is like calling Hugh Hefner a virgin."

Um...not really. lol
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#48)
DirkHardpeck
Master Guru
 
DirkHardpeck's Avatar
 
Videocard: GTX 780 SLI @ 1150/3305
Processor: i5 2500k @ 4.7
Mainboard: Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB
Soundcard: Asus Xonar U7
PSU: Corsair AX860i
Default 03-02-2012, 02:26 | posts: 252 | Location: NJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikavelli View Post
Yes, I did check the link. Did you? There are links inside his link. Try checking those out cause obviously you didn't. It exposes everything about Bose. "Better profit through marketing".

On another note, you say you agree with me but at the same time you're going out of your way to disagree and shoot down my posts. I don't understand your motivation behind this. Arguing for the sake of arguing is what I'm seeing here, which makes you look like a complete asshat.
Touche, I had only checked the link on my phone earlier, but the further embedded links do in fact lead to some actual scientific method....not just roommate's conjecture. Good to see.

I'm not arguing for argument's sake, so much, as I think it just sucks to see someone getting ass-rammed for enjoying a particular frivolous modern convenience, despite there being more modern and convenient frivolities abound. Then pride and f*cking e-motions get involved, and the arguments get less and less logical and....yeah it's just getting silly here fellas.

I don't disagree with your ends, but I do disagree with your means.

Finally, yeah storage space is not so much an issue anymore (well, if you got a large drive before Thailand flooded). Thing is, I kinda ripped my collection some years ago to 320. I think alot of people did. I preferred Ogg Vorbis but mp3 allowed greater flexibility and honestly, try comparing .flac to 320 kbps one day. I did. Virtually indistinguishable. At that point, the recording source is a much larger factor....if it's a redbook cd digital recording, it will sound kind of sh*tty to me either way. If I have access to a nice tube amp, I'm at home anyway and I'm going straight to the vinyl. Depends on how far you want to take it.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#49)
ASLayerAODsk
Master Guru
 
Videocard: 2x R9 280x Gb/His
Processor: Intel i7 4820k 3.7/3.9 WC
Mainboard: Asus P9X79LE
Memory: DDR3 16G Patriot 1600
Soundcard: XonarSTX/NAD7120/B&WDM610
PSU: CMaster SilentPro 1Kw
Default 03-02-2012, 07:16 | posts: 695 | Location: Canada

"320 kbps mp3's are used by alot of people who do, in fact, care about sound quality."

K, this is just pure nonsense and thats all i have to say about that.

bose is 'top dog' of ENTRY LEVEL speakers..yes they have their place...and thats for those that really dont understand or havent educated themselves enough about speakers, audio, how audio works...room treatments...cabling...power treatments...speaker positioning...why speakers use spikes...and many many more things..thats BARELY scratching the surface...and Bose doesnt care about ONE of those things, and I doubt the sales person who is trying to impress upon you that Bose is a quality product, well...they probably dont know much about any of those other factors either. You are entitled to your opinion, of course. One day though, you will figure out what we were trying to 'show' you and then youll feel ripped off because you basically ripped yourself off. Overpaying for Bose and then finding out that they arent anything BUT entry level speakers anyway. They do have their niche in the marketplace, but anywhere near the REAL top, no. not even close. A B&W tweeter/Martin Logan panel has more R&D in it than ANY ENTIRE line of Bose speakers. Take your pick. They just dont match up. Ive already expressed my opinion on Bose in other threads, its no secret im not a fan. Just something to consider.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#50)
RagDoll_Effect
Ancient Guru
 
RagDoll_Effect's Avatar
 
Videocard: 2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
Processor: Intel i5 2500K 5.3 Ghz
Mainboard: ASROCK Extreme4 Gen3
Memory: 12GB RipJaws
Soundcard: Marantz SR5005 +FH 9.2 ch
PSU: OCZ GAMEXTREME 1010 Watts
Default 03-02-2012, 07:26 | posts: 4,284 | Location: Australia

Ok, B&W also make a range of sattelites and subs, just like Bose, so it's not unheard of for people to go with that sort of setup is it?
Look, there are pros and cons for any speaker setup, and just because certain speakers like Bose don't follow the exact certifications, doesn't mean they aren't top notch speakers... The Logitech z5500 has THX certification and every Bose setup I've heard is way better than them, so...

regards,
RagDoll.
   
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright (c) 1995-2014, All Rights Reserved. The Guru of 3D, the Hardware Guru, and 3D Guru are trademarks owned by Hilbert Hagedoorn.