MSI Afterburner 2.2.0 Beta 14 (2012-02-21)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Feb 21, 2012.

1. msi-afterburner

msi-afterburner Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI N275GTX Lightning
    Hi guys, the latest afterburner 2.2.0 beta 14 is ready for you to download. Yes, you are right, there is no beta 13. :nerd: Anyway, this beta supports the voltage control of HD 7X50 card, if you get the card, you may try to play it.

Changes list includes:

- Fixed sub-zero temperatures reading on certain custom design MSI graphics cards with LM96163 and NCT7718W dedicated thermal sensors.
    - Added workaround for bug in AMD drivers causing unofficial overclocking to be reset to defaults after adjusting PowerPlay settings. Now unofficial overclocking settings are being forcibly reapplied after applying new PowerPlay settings.
    - Hardware abstraction layer (HAL) architecture has been improved to provide compatibility with future NVIDIA graphics cards series.
    - Now multi-GPU overclocking and fan control settings synchronization is performed at HAL level instead of display driver wrapper level to improve HAL architecture extendibility and provide compatibility with future NVIDIA graphics cards series.
    - Shared control memory format has been upgraded to v2.0. New format provides power limit adjustment support and forward compatibility with future NVIDIA graphics cards series.
    - Now it is possible to override group names for values displayed in the On-Screen Display or in Logitech keyboard LCD display.
    - MSI On-Screen Display server has been upgraded to v4.3.3. New version gives the following improvements:
    o Fixed issue causing gamma correction to be applied twice under certain conditions and causing video to appear too bright when capturing video with gamma correction option enabled.
    o Output video dimensions are no longer being forcibly cropped to be multiples of 16. Now cropping is optional and can be enabled via GUI
    o Dedicated 1/2, 1/3 and 1/4 frame downsampling routines have been replaced with unified arbitrary downsampling routine. Now MSI Afterburner provides arbitrary frame downsampling functionality and allows selecting 360p, 480p, 720p, 900p, 1080p frame sizes for both 16:9 and 16:10 aspect ratios. Please take a note that arbitrary frame sizes list is user extendable so you may add your own custom frame sizes if necessary via the configuration file.
    o Improved tabbed text formatting provides better compatibility with custom group names.

download link:
    http://downloads.guru3d.com/MSI-Afterburner-2.2.0-Beta-14-download-2859.html

2. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    awesome. :thumbup:

3. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    lol, WHat happened to Beta 13? or wasnt there a version 13 after all? did they skipped it?

anyway, THX for the new version :)

4. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    13 is bad luck, we have never released a build with 13 in it.

5. TFL Replica

TFL Replica Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    Downloaded, updated and tested. Captured a nice 720p video in Skyrim.
    I also peeked into the configuration file: 16:9 720p,050002D0h -> 0500=1280 and 02D0=720
    This should preemptively answer a lot of questions. It's very easy for anyone to add custom frame sizes.
    Thanks for another great release! :)

6. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Nice update! Thanks!

7. Olvik

Olvik Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080
    Thanks!

8. stangowner

stangowner Guest

GPU:
    2xMSI N550GTX-Ti Cy II OC
    Hi Alex,

I tested the remote server and .net wrapper this AM to make sure they were fine. I can read the memory properly, but can't apply changes. In examining my code, I do think I have a memory offset miscalculation for writing memory in multi-gpu systems (reading is OK). However, even after correcting this, I still can't apply the changes. After scratching my head a little more, I decided to test the SDK sample and that doesn't work neither. Afterburner says an external profile was applied, but no changes to the hardware are made (same result from both from the SDK sample and my stuff). Can you reproduce? Or am I just missing something here?

Also, I'd like to update the .NET library, remote server and mobile apps shortly for the 3 new settings added in v2. Can I emulate those yet, or do I need to wait? If so, can you send me a config to use?

Thanks,
    Nick

9. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    Thank you, sir! :D

10. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Hi Nick,

Thanks, I reproduced and fixed it. The problem is not specific to beta 14, it was introduced in beta 12 during profiles format change. The fix will be available in the next version.

You cannot emulate those things yet, wait for next gen hardware to arrive.

11. nuno_p

nuno_p Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX660TI PE\OC
    Thanks.

I was waiting for this. :)

12. stangowner

stangowner Guest

GPU:
    2xMSI N550GTX-Ti Cy II OC
    Thanks for the quick reply Alex!

13. AMD@OPA

AMD@OPA Member

GPU:
    MSI 560GTX TF II OC
    Thanks! :thumbup:

14. erm

erm Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 1GB
    Thanks !

Unwinder N. 1 ! :):banana:

15. DavidGX

DavidGX Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon Fury X
    /facepalm

16. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Hey I've lived in house number 13 on my block for over 20 years. I've been blessed every day, through hardships as well.

That superstitious stuff was always just that, superstitious stuff.

After all the US was originally 13 colonies! :) :banana:

Back on Topic,

Thanks for this release, will give it a run!

17. kmartburrito

kmartburrito Guest

GPU:
    2X AMD Radeon 6950
    This version along with the 12.3 Preview drivers (Feb 14th) I'm finding is that while I messed around with things and got both 6950s to be at +20% power, that one card is only going to 800 / 1250 (or whatever is default, I can't remember) while the other is going to 840 / 1325 like I would expect.

I've gone in and checked that the EnableUlps reg keys are all set to 1 like I've always done, but just noticed it while playing a game and looking at Afterburner's line graphs afterwards.

I will say that the couple of games I played so far I'm impressed with the drivers, just wondering if it's truly not clocking both cores and memory freqs properly on both 6950s, or if it's just misreporting it. It shows in CCC correctly.

Anyone else with a crossfire setup seeing any of this?

18. johnnyw

johnnyw Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 570 TFIII PE/OC
    Im having weird thing with this version and HD7950 + 12.2 pre cert drivers.

In some reason i cant be able to overclock single mhz from afterburner if i dont raise the power control to 20%. lets say i put 1000/1575 at stock volts from AB and launch any game/program my clocks are jumping all over the place ( throtthling ) but after i set it to 20% it works fine.

If i do same overclock from CCC i can leave powercontrol to stock 0% it dont do the throtthling. Not big deal really but just wondering what could cause that?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  19. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Is sync option ticked and do you look at idle or load clocks?

20. HarryYTM

HarryYTM Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX TITAN
    Bug report: Video capture timer bug on the OSD still not fixed, the timer would add 1 hour in each 6 minutes, that means 0:05:59, XXXMB, X.Xx XXms then become 1:06:00, XXXMB, X.Xx XXms in just one second.