Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > General > Games, Gaming & Game-demos
Games, Gaming & Game-demos You can talk about the latest games here and more ..

Closed Thread

Crysis 3?
Old
  (#1)
Stone Gargoyle
Ancient Guru

Videocard: SAPPHIRE HD 7770 1GB OC
Processor: Phenom II X4 Quad @3.2Ghz
Mainboard: Asus M5A78L-M
Memory: G-Skill 8GB DDR3
Soundcard: SB X-Fi Xtreme Music
PSU: OCZ 620W
Default Crysis 3? - 02-20-2012, 19:10 | posts: 4,390

Are Crytek moving ahead with a third outing?

Old
  (#2)
SerotoNiN
Maha Guru

Videocard: ASUS GTX 760 2GB OC II
Processor: AMD FX-8350
Mainboard: ASUS M5A97 EVO
Memory: 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz Kingston
Soundcard:
PSU: CoolerMaster 700-Watt 52A
Default 02-20-2012, 19:12 | posts: 1,020 | Location: Chicago

Maybe 3 times a charm since the first two sucked so badly?

Old
  (#3)
Stone Gargoyle
Ancient Guru

Default 02-20-2012, 19:15 | posts: 4,390

The second was at times underwhelming but the first I adored. It far from sucked for me.

Old
  (#4)
BahamutxD
Master Guru

Videocard: Asus DirectCU II 670GTX
Processor: i5 2500k
Mainboard: Asus P8P67
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4
Soundcard: Realtek Onboard
PSU: Corsair TX650
Default 02-20-2012, 19:44 | posts: 165 | Location: Spain

We know crysis is a trilogy, so why not.

Old
  (#5)
Wanny
Ancient Guru

Videocard: GTX670 FTW
Processor: i7 3770k 4.5GHz H100i
Mainboard: GA-Z77X-UD5H
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X 1866mhz
Soundcard: Xonar DX w/ Z-5500
PSU: XFX PRO750W XXX
Default 02-20-2012, 20:32 | posts: 7,440 | Location: Canada, Quebec

Loved Crysis 2. Loved Warhead. Hated Crysis 1.

Old
  (#6)
slick3
Maha Guru

Videocard: GTX560 DirectCU @ 1Ghz
Processor: AMD FX 8320 @4ghz
Mainboard: ASUS Skynet Edition
Memory: 8GB DeeDeeAre Three
Soundcard:
PSU: Silverstone Strider 500w
Default 02-20-2012, 21:18 | posts: 1,149 | Location: >.>

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerotoNiN View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanny View Post
Loved Crysis 2. Loved Warhead. Hated Crysis 1.
Did i miss something here, Crysis 1 is one of my all time favorite game, gives you soo much freedom which Crysis 2 could not provide .... and an overall much better game than Crysis 2 !

Hopefully Crysis 3 (if it was to be release) gives you the sandbox style gameplay which Crysis 1 provided and not the crappy linear gameplay from Crysis 2

Old
  (#7)
Cambria
Banned

Videocard: 8800GTS 320MB
Processor: Intel i7-970
Mainboard: ASUS P6X58-E Pro
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 3x4GB
Soundcard: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1
PSU: Antec 650
Default 02-20-2012, 21:41 | posts: 626

God help us. Please CryTek, end the suffering!

Old
  (#8)
SerotoNiN
Maha Guru

Soundcard:
Default 02-20-2012, 21:54 | posts: 1,020 | Location: Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick3 View Post
Did i miss something here, Crysis 1 is one of my all time favorite game, gives you soo much freedom which Crysis 2 could not provide .... and an overall much better game than Crysis 2 !

Hopefully Crysis 3 (if it was to be release) gives you the sandbox style gameplay which Crysis 1 provided and not the crappy linear gameplay from Crysis 2
Sure Crysis 1 was open ended, but it was nothing more than a glorified interactive tech-demo. The gameplay was down right boring. Had the game not sported the visuals it had at the time, it would have never gotten half the fame it did. The graphics made the game. The gameplay was poor at best. No innovation, here's a pretty jungle,, shoot guys and aliens. Quite the original idea lol.

Warhead was just more of the same crap for me.

And while much linear, I felt Crysis 2 had some decent moments, overall not a very good game, but they did try harder and it was better than part 1, but by no means was part 2 a "good game".

I just don't see where they go with number 3, the sequel didn't sell very well, and this time around they didn't have the piracy on pc scapegoat to run to instead of admitting they made a bad game that was nice to look at like they did with the original.

I dunno. Crytek reminds me of early ID software, great engines, no gameplay. Kind of like a blond with huge knockers and no brains.

Old
  (#9)
viren
Maha Guru

Videocard: GTX 570
Processor: I7 870
Mainboard: P55
Memory: 4GB
Soundcard: 7.1 PCI-E
PSU: 800W
Default 02-20-2012, 22:06 | posts: 2,360 | Location: Pune, India

I dont know how you guys hate crysis 1, maybe your cards were incapable of handling the graphics or whatever but i still love love crysis 1 and warhead, didn't have the time to play crysis 2 as i got busy with my personel life but hell ya im gonna definately play crysis 2 sooner and 3 later when it is released.

[Do not take my comments as personel as even some of my friends hated crysis 1 but i never did].

Old
  (#10)
Stone Gargoyle
Ancient Guru

Default 02-20-2012, 22:09 | posts: 4,390

Quote:
Sure Crysis 1 was open ended, but it was nothing more than a glorified interactive tech-demo.
I will never understand this particular stance on Crysis as long as I live. Crysis was so much more besides being just a technology fest.

Old
  (#11)
ElementalDragon
Ancient Guru

Videocard: eVGA GeForce GTX 760 ACX
Processor: Core i5 4670K
Mainboard: Asus Z87I-Deluxe
Memory: 16GB G.Skill RipJawsX
Soundcard: on-board
PSU: Seasonic 650W
Default 02-20-2012, 22:22 | posts: 8,684 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Gargoyle View Post
I will never understand this particular stance on Crysis as long as I live. Crysis was so much more besides being just a technology fest.
It's easy to figure out. People hated it because it made their just-purchased, brand spanking new several hundred dollar hardware seem like it didn't make a single difference because they couldn't max it out from the get-go and get a steady 60+ fps framerate.... which was the norm for a few years prior to it... and has been the norm pretty much ever since.

Old
  (#12)
SerotoNiN
Maha Guru

Soundcard:
Default 02-20-2012, 22:52 | posts: 1,020 | Location: Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by viren View Post
I dont know how you guys hate crysis 1, maybe your cards were incapable of handling the graphics or whatever but i still love love crysis 1 and warhead, didn't have the time to play crysis 2 as i got busy with my personel life but hell ya im gonna definately play crysis 2 sooner and 3 later when it is released.

[Do not take my comments as personel as even some of my friends hated crysis 1 but i never did].
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElementalDragon View Post
It's easy to figure out. People hated it because it made their just-purchased, brand spanking new several hundred dollar hardware seem like it didn't make a single difference because they couldn't max it out from the get-go and get a steady 60+ fps framerate.... which was the norm for a few years prior to it... and has been the norm pretty much ever since.
Seriously? I LOVE how people assume a judgement...any negativ e judgement on a PC game is because the user couldn't run it. lol.

The game sucked, that is all. I was fine with my 8800GTX at the time using hp's config with all high @ 1280x960 - it looked beautiful and ran fine. Here's the kicker kids, IT.WASN'T.ANY.FUN.

I'm sorry you have to revert to the age old "must of had shi*t hardware muwahaha, that's why he doesnt like it" look to the left, see my specs now? Guess what, I could max out Crysis today and still think it sucks.

People have this same argument with Battlefield 3 but for some reason it's forgivable.

Look, Crysis was basically the last PC-Exclusive that mattered. It was a great graphical effort and it put Crytek on the map as a developer. At the end of the day though, the game was as boring as watching a dead moth on a floor for 3 hours.

It was gimmicky and cliched. I'm sorry you can't accept Ifind the game crap for the game play and not for what my hardware is, was or will be in 5 years lol.

I couldn't max out Metro 2033 - hell still can't, I enjoy the game though. I couldn't max out the stalker games when they were new, I still enjoyed them. I have no problem lowering detail for the sake of game play. I want fun.

Old
  (#13)
pokerapar88
Maha Guru

Videocard: XFX 7970 DD @ 1050/1500
Processor: i5 2500K @4.5Ghz CM V8
Mainboard: Asus P8Z68-V PRO
Memory: 8GB Gskill Sniper 1600mhz
Soundcard: X-Fi Titanium + HT 5.1
PSU: CoolerMaster GX 750w
Default 02-21-2012, 00:26 | posts: 1,644 | Location: Argentina // Buenos Aires

Quote:
There was:

1) crysis
2) crysis warhead
3) crysis 2
4) possible crysis 3?

so... lol

Old
  (#14)
Cambria
Banned

Default 02-21-2012, 00:39 | posts: 626

Quote:

it put Crytek on the map as a developer.
Actually the first Far Cry put CryTek on the map. If not for Ubisoft, we may not have even known who CryTek is today.

I cant even believe Crysis is being compared to Metro 2033. That game is just horrible. Its so linear its like playing something like Doom or DN. There is no exploring to be done on any level. Which takes away from any game when you have to stick to a very small path. Crysis was not "open-ended" by any means. It was the same as Far Cry in the sense that there was just a large game area to explore but you COULD NOT explore the entire island at once.

Stalker on the other hand, great game.

Crysis was more of a demonstration of CryEngine 2 than anything else, but that in no way made it a bad game. I thought the gameplay was great. The story was good. Crysis 2 on the other hand, completely pointless.

Old
  (#15)
Year
Ancient Guru

Videocard: EVGA GTX 690
Processor: Intel® i7 2600
Mainboard: Asus P67 Evo
Memory: G.Skill Sniper DDR3 16GB
Soundcard: Auzentech Bravura 7.1
PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850W
Default 02-21-2012, 01:00 | posts: 11,715 | Location: ♫

First Crysis bored me to hell gameplay wise but had excellent graphics.

2nd was better gameplay wise but graphics while very good, still wasn't as good as the first one.

i reckon a 3rd Crysis will either be the best of both worlds.. or a complete disaster.

personally i think Crysis 3 will be another Daikatana, a disaster destined to be remembered for generations.

Old
  (#16)
shoja
Maha Guru

Videocard: EVGA GTX 570 SuperClocked
Processor: Intel Core i7 2600K
Mainboard: Asus Maximus IV R.O.G
Memory: Mushkin 2x4@1600 CAS 7
Soundcard: Asus Xonar DX
PSU: Rosewill 1000W
Default 02-21-2012, 01:04 | posts: 1,646 | Location: USA

Crysis 1 has no amazing story. It's like the Avatar movie where people thought it had the best story ever! Just to realize that the graphics were what had them drowned, not the story. It's taking longer for first Crysis players to snap out of this "best story ever" thoughts and get real. That's what I think

Old
  (#17)
PhazeDelta1
Ancient Guru

Videocard: EVGA 770 Classified
Processor: Intel i7 4770k
Mainboard: Asus Sabertooth Z87
Memory: 16GB Corsair 2133MHz
Soundcard: Creative SB Z
PSU: Seasonic X-850
Default 02-21-2012, 01:31 | posts: 13,247 | Location: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerapar88 View Post
There was:

1) crysis
2) crysis warhead
3) crysis 2
4) possible crysis 3?

so... lol
dude crysis warhead dont count lol. it was more like a dlc than anything else.

Old
  (#18)
CPC_RedDawn
Ancient Guru

Videocard: 3GB HD7970OC/2GB HD7770
Processor: 4770K@4.5GHz/Q6600@3.6GHz
Mainboard: Z87-GD65 / P5K PREMIUM
Memory: 16GB@1866MHz/4GB@1066MHz
Soundcard: Creative SoundBlaster Z
PSU: 1200W/900W
Default 02-21-2012, 01:59 | posts: 5,760 | Location: Wolverhampton/United Kingdom

Sorry to spoil everyone's want for Crysis 3 but I distinctly remember hearing that Crytek were on board to develop the next Homefront game. I may be wrong but I am sure they were. Or maybe it was THQ buying the license to use cryengine3 for the next game. But I do remember the team behind the first and underwhelming Homefront 1 being sacked. I will try and find the article where I read it.

EDIT:

Quick Google search brought up the article

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/09/20/cr...p-homefront-2/

Old
  (#19)
PhazeDelta1
Ancient Guru

Videocard: EVGA 770 Classified
Processor: Intel i7 4770k
Mainboard: Asus Sabertooth Z87
Memory: 16GB Corsair 2133MHz
Soundcard: Creative SB Z
PSU: Seasonic X-850
Default 02-21-2012, 02:31 | posts: 13,247 | Location: USA

how awesome would it have been to see metro last light done with cryengine3?

Old
  (#20)
ElementalDragon
Ancient Guru

Videocard: eVGA GeForce GTX 760 ACX
Processor: Core i5 4670K
Mainboard: Asus Z87I-Deluxe
Memory: 16GB G.Skill RipJawsX
Soundcard: on-board
PSU: Seasonic 650W
Default 02-21-2012, 03:14 | posts: 8,684 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA

Quote:
Seriously? I LOVE how people assume a judgement...any negativ e judgement on a PC game is because the user couldn't run it. lol.

The game sucked, that is all. I was fine with my 8800GTX at the time using hp's config with all high @ 1280x960 - it looked beautiful and ran fine. Here's the kicker kids, IT.WASN'T.ANY.FUN.

I'm sorry you have to revert to the age old "must of had shi*t hardware muwahaha, that's why he doesnt like it" look to the left, see my specs now? Guess what, I could max out Crysis today and still think it sucks.

People have this same argument with Battlefield 3 but for some reason it's forgivable.

Look, Crysis was basically the last PC-Exclusive that mattered. It was a great graphical effort and it put Crytek on the map as a developer. At the end of the day though, the game was as boring as watching a dead moth on a floor for 3 hours.

It was gimmicky and cliched. I'm sorry you can't accept Ifind the game crap for the game play and not for what my hardware is, was or will be in 5 years lol.

I couldn't max out Metro 2033 - hell still can't, I enjoy the game though. I couldn't max out the stalker games when they were new, I still enjoyed them. I have no problem lowering detail for the sake of game play. I want fun.
Actually, i said that because if you remember correctly, when Crysis was first released, it got SOOOOOOOO much flak from every gamer and review site simply for that fact. "The graphics are fantastic, but it's currently unplayable at the highest settings". Then there were the people questioning why Crysis ran so much like sh*t, but games like UT3 looked completely awesome, and ran just fine.... forgetting entirely that Crysis was one massive interactive island rather than a tiny little battlefield with absolutely no destruction or fantastic water rendering or anything really that demanding, period.

And yea... i guess since i didn't reference ANYBODY in particular, it must have really struck a nerve with you or something. Never knew that not mentioning anybody meant i was referring to EVERYBODY.

Old
  (#21)
shimyns
Maha Guru

Videocard: SAPPHIRE r9 290x Tri-X OC
Processor: core i7 950 @4HT NH-D14
Mainboard: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R rev.2
Memory: RipJaws 3x2GB 1600 Mhz
Soundcard:
PSU: Corsair HX850 850W
Default 02-21-2012, 03:32 | posts: 1,635 | Location: Boston

I know these things are a matter of opinion, but I seriously think that anyone that could possibly call any of the Crysis games crap, is full of crap.

It's like saying that Kate Upton is ugly. You may be in to brunettes or asians but...

Crayis games may not have been your personal favorite, they may not have been the greatest, but it's just silly to claim that they were bad games.

Badmouthing the Crysis series is simply trolling. Again, this isn't to say that it was necessarily everyone's perfect gaming experience, but the sheer quality of it puts it well above the vast majority of games.

As for graphics, the high-def textures and various mods have made Crysis 2 one of the best looking games there ever was. If you disagree, you obviously haven't MaLDo's high texture mod.

Oh, and for the guy that said that Warhead was a DLC at best (while loling), are your parents siblings? It was a stand alone, 6-7 hour game... Sheesh...

Old
  (#22)
Damien_Azreal
Ancient Guru

Videocard: EVGA GTX 750 ti SC 2GB
Processor: AMD Phenom IIX4 965 Black
Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H
Memory: 8GB Corsair DDR3 1600ghz
Soundcard: Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer
PSU: Thermaltake Evo-Blu 650w
Default 02-21-2012, 03:40 | posts: 4,436 | Location: Kansas, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPC_RedDawn View Post
Sorry to spoil everyone's want for Crysis 3 but I distinctly remember hearing that Crytek were on board to develop the next Homefront game. I may be wrong but I am sure they were. Or maybe it was THQ buying the license to use cryengine3 for the next game. But I do remember the team behind the first and underwhelming Homefront 1 being sacked. I will try and find the article where I read it.

EDIT:

Quick Google search brought up the article

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/09/20/cr...p-homefront-2/
Crytek has more then one studio. If I remember correctly... there's five different studios.
As they also have one of their studios making that game Warface and another studio working on Timesplitters 4.

The Crysis games are done by the main Crytek studio. While other projects like Homefront 2, Timesplitters 4 and such... are done by Crytek UK and such.

Personally, I'd be up for a third game.
I was hugely disappointed with the first Crysis. While it's a visual wonder... as a game it was rather lacluster. With a subpar plot, broken pacing and paperthin characters.
Not to mention average gameplay that falls apart as the game's flow deteriorates.

Crysis 2 maintained a more solid pacing and flow from start to finish. More defined characters, and a more solid... better told story.
While Crysis 2 may not have been the benchmark achievement visually that the first game was, it's still a good looking game.
And to me, visuals don't make a game. As pretty as Crysis is, I can't stand to play it as the game bores the hell out of me.

Old
  (#23)
gridiron whirlw
Ancient Guru

Videocard: GTX 570 SLI
Processor: Intel i5-2500K
Mainboard: Asus P8Z68-V Pro/Gen 3
Memory: 8GB G-Skill DDR 3 1600
Soundcard: MAD Ear+HD & Grado RS1i
PSU: Corsair 850 Watt
Default 02-21-2012, 03:52 | posts: 3,583 | Location: Ohio

I liked Warhead the best....Prophet was great

Old
  (#24)
Cambria
Banned

Default 02-21-2012, 04:06 | posts: 626

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElementalDragon View Post
Actually, i said that because if you remember correctly, when Crysis was first released, it got SOOOOOOOO much flak from every gamer and review site simply for that fact. "The graphics are fantastic, but it's currently unplayable at the highest settings". Then there were the people questioning why Crysis ran so much like sh*t, but games like UT3 looked completely awesome, and ran just fine.... forgetting entirely that Crysis was one massive interactive island rather than a tiny little battlefield with absolutely no destruction or fantastic water rendering or anything really that demanding, period.

And yea... i guess since i didn't reference ANYBODY in particular, it must have really struck a nerve with you or something. Never knew that not mentioning anybody meant i was referring to EVERYBODY.
Crysis WAS playable at highest settings when it was first released. You just needed top of the line hardware to do so. My 8800GTS at the time could play it at highest settings no AA at 720p so Id imagine an 8800 Ultra paired with a C2Q of that time would have been able to run it even better. Considering back then I was using a dual core S939 AMD.

So Id imagine if you had 2x 8800Ultras in SLi with a quad core overclocked, maxing Crysis probably wasnt too difficult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
how awesome would it have been to see metro last light done with cryengine3?
It would ruin the game completely. And make no money.

Last edited by Cambria; 02-21-2012 at 04:11.

Old
  (#25)
gridiron whirlw
Ancient Guru

Videocard: GTX 570 SLI
Processor: Intel i5-2500K
Mainboard: Asus P8Z68-V Pro/Gen 3
Memory: 8GB G-Skill DDR 3 1600
Soundcard: MAD Ear+HD & Grado RS1i
PSU: Corsair 850 Watt
Default 02-21-2012, 04:09 | posts: 3,583 | Location: Ohio

There was no hardware when it first came out that would run it max at 1920x1080