post your mobile internet speed

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by EspHack, Nov 12, 2011.

1. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    so we have a thread about adsl speeds, why not smartphones too? =D

here is mine
    [​IMG]

using opera mobile 11, signal at 100%, doesnt matter where im, its always full =p but just in case, it was indoors

my phone max out at 3G HSDPA, 3.6 Mbps so im happy with what i get from my isp, except for the monthly cap

2. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    I average 2 - 2.6Mbps. I almost never have full bars though because of my location.

3. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    I average around 1.1 mbps - 2 mbps. Sure I'll love to get to 5 mbps, but honestly, I only load web pages so, up to 2 mbps is good enough for me. I just want my carrier to pop more towers.

deltatux

4. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    AT&T USA on their HSDPA+ (psuedo 4G) network. It's enough for on the go in my opinion. I'll keep my 25Mbit+ for home usage :)

Plus I'm on unlimited data so I'm content with it. I can stream my slingbox from home with phenomenal video quality with this speed. AT&T must love me using that with unlimited data hehe. Phone is a Samsung Galaxy S2

2.83Mbit (362k/sec) / 1.46Mbit (187k/sec)
    3.15Mbit (400k/sec) / 1.43Mbit (183k/sec)

For some reason my phone is fixated on testing in Kansas (I'm over 1000 miles from there). Any way to specify the server manually?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 12, 2011

5. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    Some slow speeds here. I've got 5Mbps and above on my crappy Sony Ericsson Elm. I'll do a speedtest next time I'm in a HSDPA area. My phones capped at 7.2Mbps though, will do one with my dads Galaxy S2 with a max of 21Mbps aswell.

Anyone know of a decent speedtest for none smart phones (java)? I've tried http://www.dslreports.com/mspeed and it won't work as my connections too fast lol.

Here we go, from mobilespeedtest.com this is with 1 - 2 bars of signal in a none city centre location

[​IMG]

According to them it's faster than 4G/Wimax which shows how much a scam that is, as my phone is 3 times slower than even the max that HSDPA can do. I really don't know why you let your networks scam and mislead you.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2011
  6. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    hah, the entire ISP thing is a scam, all GSM/3G data plans and even adsl/satellite, we need a revolution!

7. Exodite

Exodite Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    All online speed tests are completely useless, unless they have a server literally right next to you.

This particular one gives me a 1.0-1.8Mbps speed for my desktop's 100Mbps Ethernet connection. :3eyes:

One that's not hard to saturate to ~11.2MBps up/down when using, for example, bittorrent.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2011
  8. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    well i was near my ISP's hq yesterday, look what i got :p
    [​IMG]

9. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    I meant to post this one the other day when I got the results. Was consistent in a certain part of town. Not too bad for HSDPA+ (pseudo4G)

AT&T

[​IMG]

10. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC

11. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080Ti

yeah thats kinda wierd lol. i ran the same app and it connected me to the seattle server which is about 90-100 miles away and it gave me much better results. 8.7mb down and 5.6mb up (comcast with wifi on).
    with 3g (only 2 bars where i live) i get 1.5 mb down and .76mb up.

12. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Latest speeds:
    [​IMG]
    (Click to Enlarge)

Also note that the latitude/longitude is wrong, close but still wrong, I was not at that location, though I don't blame it since I didn't turn on my GPS when I did the speed test lol.

Carrier: Mobilicity
    Signal Strength: Full bars, around 90% (near the closest tower)
    Frequency: 2132.5 MHz (downlink), 1732.5 MHz (uplink)
    Capability: HSPA+ (3.5G)

deltatux

Last edited: Dec 10, 2011
  13. DerSchniffles

GPU:
    MSI 3080Ti
    [​IMG]

2 bars at my house...not lookin very good haha. edit: just noticed that the pic has 3 bars showing haha. when i did the speed test i only had 2 and when i took the pic it had 3...kinda shaky where i live. sometimes i only have 1.

[​IMG]

and this is wifi

Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
  14. DerSchniffles

GPU:
    MSI 3080Ti
    @Nosferatu-
    If you go into the app and go to tools at the bottom, at the very top there is a button to change your server.

edit: haha, just answering that question for you, i found out that I actually have a server in my home town instead of using seattle (120km closer)

Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
  15. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    I have 50Mb connection but for the most part it sucks ass. The built-in wireless of the router they gave me is shockingly bad, keep dropping connection to my PS3 and when it does work it only feeds around 500Kb-1.2Mb/s. The downloads and load times are ridiculous!!

Also on my PC when the router is used in wired mode (basically as a modem) it can be very erratic most of the time. Some days I have consistent 45-50Mb/s down and 4.0-5.0Mb up which is awesome. But other times it is extremely poor and the down speeds with shoot up and down from 10-20-30-and back down to 1Mb/s also during these poor times my ping/jitter is outrageous!! I have seen upwards of 89% packet loss, 400-500 jitter, and in online games my ping will be very low one second and then very high the next!!

Seriously not worth the £28 price tag. But when it works, oh boy does it work great! I downloaded Skyrim at 6.0Mb/s and it took me around 4 minutes :)

16. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Dude, we're talking about mobile data speeds, not home landline Internet speeds here lol.

deltatux

17. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Oh sorry my bad... lol

I should learn to fully read the topic on hand first :/

18. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    Hey thanks for that I never saw the "change server" option up there. :bang: :)

Anyways since someone else posted up a home connection. Here's how my local wifi works on my phone.

:banana:

[​IMG]

19. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    3G stick test:
    [​IMG]

20. DerSchniffles

GPU:
    MSI 3080Ti
    whooo look at your wifi go! kinda pisses me off though, im paying a little extra for the 20mb down (instead of the standard 12mb, comcast) and i honestly dont even see a difference half of the time....