Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Hardware > General Hardware
General Hardware Want to talk about anything Hardware related? This is the place, you can discuss it here.

View Poll Results: Quality
Corsair 5 13.89%
G.Skill 13 36.11%
Same quality. 18 50.00%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Build quality; Corsair VS G.Skill
Old
  (#1)
Mkilbride
Banned

Videocard: EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
Processor: 2500K @ 4.5GHZ
Mainboard: Asrock P67 Professional
Memory: 8GB DDR 1600MHZ
Soundcard: X-Fi Titanium Prof.
PSU: Corsair HX850
Default Build quality; Corsair VS G.Skill - 10-27-2011, 12:07 | posts: 8,074 | Location: US, New Hampshire

So I was showing my friend the rig I plan to build, and he won't let up on me buying G.Skill over Corsair. Now, I've used both before and I find them the same quality, yet he won't budge an inch on this matter. He builds custom PC's for people and says he will suggest them to not use G.Skill RAM / won't cover them in his warranty, unlike Corsair.(I had made a mistake previously saying he would not put them in even at their request, and at his request, I have fixed this.)

http://forum.esforces.com/threads/15...=1#post1934888

So what do people think?

Last edited by Mkilbride; 10-28-2011 at 03:02.

Old
  (#2)
Chillin
Ancient Guru

Videocard: Gigabyte GTX 560 930/2300
Processor: i5-2500K@4.4GHz 1.2v H60
Mainboard: Asrock Z77 Pro4
Memory: G.Skill 2X4GB DDR3-1600
Soundcard: X-Fi XtremeGamer+Z506 5.1
PSU: Corsair TX 750w v2
Default 10-27-2011, 12:09 | posts: 6,440 | Location: Chilling

They are both extremely high quality. That your friend has personal preferences is one thing, but until he can come up with better proof than "I think so" the facts remain unchanged.

Old
  (#3)
BetA
Ancient Guru

Videocard: MSI GTX670 PEOC@1350Mhz
Processor: Q9550@3,8Ghz@Vendetta2
Mainboard: Asus P5Q Ket´s mBIOS :)
Memory: 4x2048 OCZ-REAPER 1080Mhz
Soundcard: CreativeX-FI X-tremeGamer
PSU: Corsair VX550W 550 Watt
Default 10-27-2011, 12:25 | posts: 3,795 | Location: outside the Box...

ill take g-skill over corsair..
i had quite a few corsair memorys, all had probs after some time or died on me..

g-skill on the other hand where always running fine and had quite a good OC also..and every rig i build for friends have g-skill in it..no one had a prob ever...

well, i preffered OCZ Rams. but since OCZ went out of ram buisness i have to choose different..

But COrasiar isnt bad..i just dont think theyr ram ´s are this good...there are better or same quality rams out there for better prices then corsair..

But Corsair makes GREAT PSU´s..that i know..i had severel and all where great..still humping on my VX550W Corsair PSU

This is just my opinion based on my experience with them..in around 10 years and more...
Someone might think diff about it...

Last edited by BetA; 10-27-2011 at 12:28.

Old
  (#4)
maleficarus™
Banned

Videocard: ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
Processor: Core™ i5-2500K@4.0GHz
Mainboard: ASUS P8Z68-VPRO
Memory: 8GB Vengeance 1600
Soundcard: ASUS Xonar DS + Bose®
PSU: Antec EA500W
Default 10-27-2011, 12:53 | posts: 3,586 | Location: Toronto, Canada

Corsair anyday of the week. One, Corsair has a longer history with memory and two, the name G-skill , gay skill or whatever it is called looks silly and it is not something I would want showing in my system specs. But that is just me as I am picky about names that way. I feel the same for names like BFG which always stood for "Big Freaken Gun" in Quake2.

The facts:

G.Skill:

Based in Taiwan, the G.Skill corporation was established in 1989 by a group of computer enthusiasts. In 2003, the company debuted as a maker of computer memory. The company currently operates through several distributors and resellers in North America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East.

Vs.

Corsair:

The company was founded as Corsair Microsystems in 1994 by Andy Paul, Don Lieberman, and John Beekley, Corsair originally developed Level 2 cache modules, called Cache-On-A-Stick or COAST modules, for OEMs. After Intel incorporated the L2 cache in the processor with the release of its Pentium Pro processor family, Corsair changed its focus to DRAM modules, primarily in the server market. In 2002, Corsair began shipping DRAM modules that were designed to appeal to computer enthusiasts, who were using them for overclocking. Since then, Corsair has continued to produce memory modules for PCs, and has added products in other PC components as well.

So basically you have a group of PC guys playing star-craft forming a company vs. a company that makes a full range of products with partnerships across the board. Who are you gonna put more trust in?

Common sense people, common sense!

Last edited by maleficarus™; 10-27-2011 at 13:11.

Old
  (#5)
maleficarus™
Banned

Default 10-27-2011, 13:01 | posts: 3,586 | Location: Toronto, Canada

Mkilbride: for names I only ever buy Asus for motherboards, Intel for CPU's, Corsair or Kingston for memory, Seagate for hard drvies, Asus for video cards, Antec or Enermax for power supplys, Logitech for keyboards, Acer or Samsung for monitors, and finally Asus or Creative for sound cards!

And in the 17+ years of building computers with these names not a single time have I ever had a part gone bad, ever! Not a single hard drive or memory stick. Not a single motherboard or CPU.About thwe only thing I have ever replaced was keyboards and mice.

Old
  (#6)
Mkilbride
Banned

Videocard: EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
Processor: 2500K @ 4.5GHZ
Mainboard: Asrock P67 Professional
Memory: 8GB DDR 1600MHZ
Soundcard: X-Fi Titanium Prof.
PSU: Corsair HX850
Default 10-27-2011, 13:16 | posts: 8,074 | Location: US, New Hampshire

Seagate for HDD's? You realize they have the highest failure rate out of all HDD makers?

You're very lucky.

Old
  (#7)
BetA
Ancient Guru

Videocard: MSI GTX670 PEOC@1350Mhz
Processor: Q9550@3,8Ghz@Vendetta2
Mainboard: Asus P5Q Ket´s mBIOS :)
Memory: 4x2048 OCZ-REAPER 1080Mhz
Soundcard: CreativeX-FI X-tremeGamer
PSU: Corsair VX550W 550 Watt
Default 10-27-2011, 13:19 | posts: 3,795 | Location: outside the Box...

well, i also use seagate..and from all 15 hdd´s i had from them only one died on me..
SO id say theyr pretty ok.

But i also had 5 samsung Hdd´s and none off them had any problem. still have an IDE samsung from way back thats still in really good shape.

Western digital, id never buy again..to many had probs and made noises for me..

Old
  (#8)
Pill Monster
Ancient Guru

Videocard: 7950 Vapor-X 1175/1550
Processor: AMD FX-8320 @4.8
Mainboard: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2
Memory: 8GB Kingston HyperX 2400
Soundcard: X-Fi Fatal1ty
PSU: AcBel M8 750
Default 10-27-2011, 13:32 | posts: 24,427 | Location: NZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkilbride View Post
Seagate for HDD's? You realize they have the highest failure rate out of all HDD makers?
Source?

Regarding Corsair, I've been told by one supplier that they reduced Corsair stock levels due to high number of RMA's.
I myself have RMA'd a brand new stick of Corsair.

Be that as it may, I have ValueRam installed atm and can't fault it.
Overclocks like a mofo at stock volts and performs at least as good as the more expensive Dominator/Vengeance series.

Old
  (#9)
Chillin
Ancient Guru

Default 10-27-2011, 14:00 | posts: 6,440 | Location: Chilling

Quote:
Originally Posted by maleficarus™ View Post
Corsair anyday of the week. One, Corsair has a longer history with memory and two, the name G-skill , gay skill or whatever it is called looks silly and it is not something I would want showing in my system specs. But that is just me as I am picky about names that way. I feel the same for names like BFG which always stood for "Big Freaken Gun" in Quake2.

The facts:

G.Skill:

Based in Taiwan, the G.Skill corporation was established in 1989 by a group of computer enthusiasts. In 2003, the company debuted as a maker of computer memory. The company currently operates through several distributors and resellers in North America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East.

Vs.

Corsair:

The company was founded as Corsair Microsystems in 1994 by Andy Paul, Don Lieberman, and John Beekley, Corsair originally developed Level 2 cache modules, called Cache-On-A-Stick or COAST modules, for OEMs. After Intel incorporated the L2 cache in the processor with the release of its Pentium Pro processor family, Corsair changed its focus to DRAM modules, primarily in the server market. In 2002, Corsair began shipping DRAM modules that were designed to appeal to computer enthusiasts, who were using them for overclocking. Since then, Corsair has continued to produce memory modules for PCs, and has added products in other PC components as well.

So basically you have a group of PC guys playing star-craft forming a company vs. a company that makes a full range of products with partnerships across the board. Who are you gonna put more trust in?

Common sense people, common sense!
I hope you do realize how insanely retarded this makes you look, basing a companies quality on its name and origins. This logic actually reflects back at you when you consider the meaning of "Corsair":

Quote:
Corsairs (French: corsaire) were privateers, authorized to conduct raids on shipping of a nation at war with France, on behalf of the French Crown.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corsair
I mean, where did you think their logo came from?

Statistics speak otherwise as Corsair has a higher RMA rate than G.Skill:

http://www.hardware.fr/articles/843-4/memoires.html

- Crucial 0.4%
- Kingston 0.5%
- G. Skill 1.4%
- Corsair 1.6%

Quote:
Top 5 RMA'd kits, four of them are Corsair:

- 11.04% Gold Edition OCZ 2x2GB DDR3 1333 MHz (OCZ3G1333LV4GK)
- 9.17% 3x2 GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 MHz CL9 (CMX6GX3M3A1600C9)
- 7.32% Corsair XMS3 DHX 2x2GB DDR3 1333 MHz CL9 (TW3X4G1333C9DHX)
- 6.98% Platinum Corsair XMS3 (3x2 GB DDR3 1333 MHz CL9 (TR3X6G1333C9)
- 6.82% 3x2 GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 MHz CL9 (TR3X6G1600C9)
But then again, facts never seem to bother you.

The bottom line is that you get nearly the same quality from all major brands these days, period. People seem to have favorites that aren't usually based in fact.

I for example have had one out of the two Samsung F4 2TBs I ordered come with a damaged disk and therefore useless, but I don't go badmouthing Samsung for that as it can happen with any other brand and it's really just the luck of the draw.

Last edited by Chillin; 10-27-2011 at 14:16.

Old
  (#10)
alanm
Ancient Guru

Videocard: Asus Strix 970
Processor: i5-3570k
Memory: 8gb G.Skill DDR3 1600
Soundcard: SB Zx
PSU: XFX Pro 750w
Default 10-27-2011, 14:24 | posts: 5,638

GSkill is the only brand I will buy since last few years. Even their midrange sticks seem to have way more headroom than other brands I've used. 800ddr2 I have in my other rig does 1000mhz easily with no vdimm increase. For DDR3 I go for 1.5v dimms only.

Old
  (#11)
CronoGraal
Ancient Guru

Videocard: XFX Radeon HD6870 1GB
Processor: Intel Q9450 @ 3.4ghz
Mainboard: Gigabyte X48-DQ6
Memory: 2x2GB Corsair Dominator
Soundcard: ASUS Xonar Essence STX
PSU: Corsair 750W TX
Default 10-27-2011, 14:42 | posts: 3,847 | Location: Sweden

Quote:
Mkilbride: for names I only ever buy Asus for motherboards, Intel for CPU's, Corsair or Kingston for memory, Seagate for hard drvies, Asus for video cards, Antec or Enermax for power supplys, Logitech for keyboards, Acer or Samsung for monitors, and finally Asus or Creative for sound cards!

And in the 17+ years of building computers with these names not a single time have I ever had a part gone bad, ever! Not a single hard drive or memory stick. Not a single motherboard or CPU.About thwe only thing I have ever replaced was keyboards and mice.
Well lucky you, because I recall Seagate had some nasty HD problems due to bad firmware once upon a time! Logitech's mice are worth mentioning though, my MX518 has been working 100% fine for about 5 years.

Old
  (#12)
raif
Master Guru

Videocard: Asus GTX 580
Processor: Intel I5 2500k @ 4.8ghz w
Mainboard: Asus P8P67 Pro
Memory: 8Gb RipjawsX 1600
Soundcard: Asus Xonar STX + HD650
PSU: Seasonic X-850
Default 10-27-2011, 19:40 | posts: 536 | Location: Downtown

maleficarus just seems to be a very name oriented guy. stupid way to pick items really. you should be choosing through research and reviews and facts, not that factual information seems to be relevant to you. ever.

on to the question, honestly they both have the same quality of ram. atm though it seems like corsair is in a slump with theirs slightly in comparision to g.skill, but i expect them to eventually fix this. not becausenits corsair mind you, but because theyre a company that when one of their products have an issur, theyll fix it.

Old
  (#13)
maleficarus™
Banned

Default 10-27-2011, 21:35 | posts: 3,586 | Location: Toronto, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillin View Post
I hope you do realize how insanely retarded this makes you look, basing a companies quality on its name and origins. This logic actually reflects back at you when you consider the meaning of "Corsair":

I mean, where did you think their logo came from?

Statistics speak otherwise as Corsair has a higher RMA rate than G.Skill:

http://www.hardware.fr/articles/843-4/memoires.html

- Crucial 0.4%
- Kingston 0.5%
- G. Skill 1.4%
- Corsair 1.6%

But then again, facts never seem to bother you.

The bottom line is that you get nearly the same quality from all major brands these days, period. People seem to have favorites that aren't usually based in fact.

I for example have had one out of the two Samsung F4 2TBs I ordered come with a damaged disk and therefore useless, but I don't go badmouthing Samsung for that as it can happen with any other brand and it's really just the luck of the draw.
You and your so called "stats" are about as legit as the national inquirer is to gosip! As for names, like I said it is a personal thing for me. If a company can't come up with a decent well thought out name I won't buy it. Like for example BFG. Anyone that has played Quake knows where this name came from. Also G.Skill, ya alot of thought went into that one didn't it? Gamer.Skill? Or another notable mention is the naming a model after a PC gamer, no thanks! It is just personal of course name alone isn't the factor. Company history is. A bunch of dudes playing StarCraft making a company in 2004 just don't convince me sorry...it might convince you, but then agsin you beleive anything that is put in a chart online so...

And it has a higher RMA rate because it sells 10X more duh!

That ias like saying USA has a higher crime rate then Canada, well of course it does. It has 10X more people to commit crime! If you are going to link to statisitcs, at least tell the whole story, not just the one that makes your stance look good. Do you think we are all idiots or something?

Last edited by maleficarus™; 10-27-2011 at 21:55.

Old
  (#14)
Chillin
Ancient Guru

Default 10-27-2011, 21:53 | posts: 6,440 | Location: Chilling

Quote:
You and your so called "stats" are about as legit as the national inquirer is to gosip! As for names, like I said it is a personal thing for me. If a company can't come up with a decent well thought out name I won't buy it. Like for example BFG. Anyone that has played Quake knows where this name came from. Also G.Skill, ya alot of thought went into that one didn't it? Or naming a model after a PC gamer, no thanks! It is just personal name alone isn't the factor. Company history is. A bunch of dudes playing StarCraft making a company in 2004 just don't convince me sorry...it might convince you, but then agsin you beleive anything that is put in a chart online so...

And it has a higher RMA rate because it sells 10X more duh!

That ias like saying USA has a higher crime rate then Canada, well of course it does. It has 10X more people to commit crime! If you are going to link to statisitcs, at least tell the whole story, not just the one that makes your stance look good. Do you think we are all idiots or something?
Wonderful, statistics accepted by everyone suddenly doesn't meet the great maleficarus standard, oh my.

Did you finish tenth grade? This is an honest question because it seems that you missed an entire section that deals with ratios, percentages, etc.

Because they sell more (according to you) does not change the statistic unless a greater portion of the amount sold are defective.

Example:
G.Skill - 100 sold, 20 defective = 20% failure rate
Corsair - 500 sold, 100 defective = 20% failure rate

Failure rates are not determined only by the amount sold.

-----

To the original poster:
Again, I just want to reiterate that as long as you buy a respected brand the odds of you getting a bad stick is extremely slim. However it does happen from time to time from any company but you should have no problem in RMA'ing it and get a replacement, usually all for free including shipping.

So to sum it up, both Corsair and G.Skill produce great RAM, buy on price/specs.

Last edited by Chillin; 10-27-2011 at 21:57.

Old
  (#15)
pimp_gimp
Ancient Guru

Videocard: EVGA Geforce GTX 980 SLI
Processor: Core i7-3770k 4.5Ghz
Mainboard: Asus P8Z77-V Premium
Memory: 8GB Corsair Vengeance
Soundcard: X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty
PSU: Corsair AX1200
Default 10-27-2011, 21:54 | posts: 5,887 | Location: Tacoma, Washington

I'd buy from either company, as I've used G-Skill in the past, never had a stick of theirs fail on me once, same goes for Corsair. So build quality I'd say they are equal, as both brands seemed to have done well in my book.

Old
  (#16)
maleficarus™
Banned

Default 10-27-2011, 21:57 | posts: 3,586 | Location: Toronto, Canada

Quote:
Wonderful, statistics accepted by everyone suddenly doesn't meet the great maleficarus standard, oh my.

Did you finish tenth grade? This is an honest question because it seems that you missed an entire section that deals with ratios, percentages, etc.

Because they sell more (according to you) does not change the statistic unless a greater portion of the amount sold are defective.

Example:
G.Skill - 100 sold, 20 defective = 20% failure rate
Corsair - 500 sold, 100 defective = 20% failure rate

Failure rates are not determined only by the amount sold.
No not true at all. If you sell 10 million units vs. 1 million units and both have a 20% fail rate then that math tells me that the one selling 1million @20% is still worse!! The point is for every 10 memory sticks G.skill sells to the public, Corsair sold 100 sticks!

Old
  (#17)
Chillin
Ancient Guru

Default 10-27-2011, 22:00 | posts: 6,440 | Location: Chilling

Quote:
No not true at all. If you sell 10 million units vs. 1 million units and both have a 20% fail rate then that math tells me that the one selling 1million @20% is still worse!! The point is for every 10 memory sticks G.skill sells to the public, Corsair sold 10 sticks!
I just wanted to quote this to make sure this doesn't disappear.

Can someone please explain him in a way simpler than mine about failure rates and how this math works, obviously I'm not getting across.

Old
  (#18)
maleficarus™
Banned

Default 10-27-2011, 22:00 | posts: 3,586 | Location: Toronto, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by raif View Post
maleficarus just seems to be a very name oriented guy. stupid way to pick items really. you should be choosing through research and reviews and facts, not that factual information seems to be relevant to you. ever.

on to the question, honestly they both have the same quality of ram. atm though it seems like corsair is in a slump with theirs slightly in comparision to g.skill, but i expect them to eventually fix this. not becausenits corsair mind you, but because theyre a company that when one of their products have an issur, theyll fix it.
Names on reserch! You guys act like I am some 16 year old that just discoved PC gaming due to WOW or something lol

I have been following the PC industry 10 years before most of you guys were even old enough to watch a rated R movie!

Old
  (#19)
deltatux
Ancient Guru

Videocard: GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
Processor: Intel Core i5 3570K @4.5
Mainboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H
Memory: Patriot 4 x 4GB DDR3-1600
Soundcard: Auzentech X-Raider 7.1
PSU: OCZ ModXStream Pro 500W
Default 10-27-2011, 22:01 | posts: 19,054 | Location: Toronto, Canada

Just as long as you avoid Crucial and OCZ you're fine. I haven't RMA'd so much memory than Crucial, they just keep failing like Windows ME.

deltatux

Old
  (#20)
maleficarus™
Banned

Default 10-27-2011, 22:03 | posts: 3,586 | Location: Toronto, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltatux View Post
Just as long as you avoid Crucial and OCZ you're fine. I haven't RMA'd so much memory than Crucial, they are banned in my family for all I care.

deltatux
LOL...OCZ is another one of those companys. Don't know if this is 100% true but I found this online:

"On January 11, 2011, OCZ announced that they will be discontinuing their RAM production citing poor market performance and the weakening global DRAM market. OCZ will discontinue their remaining lines of DRAM models by the end of their 2010 fiscal year on February 28, 2011"

Source wiki

Old
  (#21)
deltatux
Ancient Guru

Videocard: GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
Processor: Intel Core i5 3570K @4.5
Mainboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H
Memory: Patriot 4 x 4GB DDR3-1600
Soundcard: Auzentech X-Raider 7.1
PSU: OCZ ModXStream Pro 500W
Default 10-27-2011, 22:06 | posts: 19,054 | Location: Toronto, Canada

Quote:
LOL...OCZ is another one of those companys. Don't know if this is 100% true but I found this online:

"On January 11, 2011, OCZ announced that they will be discontinuing their RAM production citing poor market performance and the weakening global DRAM market. OCZ will discontinue their remaining lines of DRAM models by the end of their 2010 fiscal year on February 28, 2011"

Source wiki
Yes, OCZ did discontinue their RAM business earlier during the year to solely focus on power supplies and SSDs.

deltatux

Old
  (#22)
maleficarus™
Banned

Default 10-27-2011, 22:06 | posts: 3,586 | Location: Toronto, Canada

Quote:
I just wanted to quote this to make sure this doesn't disappear.

Can someone please explain him in a way simpler than mine about failure rates and how this math works, obviously I'm not getting across.
This is grade 5 math.

If you bought 100 apples and out of that 100 1 was a bad apple would it be worse then if you bought 10 apples and only 1 was also bad?

My answer is the one selling 100 is better because there are 99 good ones vs. 9 good ones with the other batch! My reason better quality control!!

You follow?

Old
  (#23)
sovietdoc
Master Guru

Videocard: GTX470 SLI
Processor: 3930K @ 5.00Ghz
Mainboard: GA-X79-UD3
Memory: 16Gb PC3-19200
Soundcard: Forte 7.1
PSU: TT 1200W
Default 10-27-2011, 22:14 | posts: 633 | Location: h4x0r_lund

Quote:
They are both extremely high quality.
I LOL'd at that.

Quote:
The bottom line is that you get nearly the same quality from all major brands these days, period.
I do agree with that. That's why I don't buy anything from "major" brands.

Quote:
Like for example BFG. Anyone that has played Quake knows where this name came from.
Sorry to disappoint. That name didn't come from Quake.

Quote:
Originally OCZ was one of those small RAM brands like GEIL, who specialized in high end memory. What happened was, they got greedy and went for quantity over quality, as many have seen based on their failure rates, and that had killed their business. I still own a pair of their DDR1 PC4000 Platinum ram and that product was from around the time when they were up top. Anyone who have owned a high-end OCZ from that time will probably agree with me that OCZ meant enthusiast quality around nforce3, nforce 4 era. I've completely skipped DDR2 but when getting DDR3 ram I noticed OCZ was one of the cheapest brands that "opened up" from enthusiast market to the general public. Because of the increase in memory volume, they've made a choice to use other suppliers for memory, and undergo less testing than they used to, eventually leading to higher RMA rates.

Last edited by sovietdoc; 10-27-2011 at 22:33.

Old
  (#24)
Passion Fruit
Ancient Guru

Videocard: 6950 Unlocked 900/1250
Processor: i5 750 @ 4209Mhz on H50
Mainboard: MSI P55-GD65
Memory: 4x2GB RipJaws @ 2100 CL9
Soundcard: XFI XtremeMusic / Z-5500
PSU: OCZ ModXStream 700W
Default 10-27-2011, 22:15 | posts: 5,999 | Location: Middlesbrough, England

I was going to post a proper reply to this thread but maleficarus' ignorance is too hard to ignore.

Old
  (#25)
maleficarus™
Banned

Default 10-27-2011, 22:26 | posts: 3,586 | Location: Toronto, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passion Fruit View Post
I was going to post a proper reply to this thread but maleficarus' ignorance is too hard to ignore.
I'm not ignorant at all really. Most of you guys here are what? 20 to 25 years old? And out of that 20 or so years maybe the last 5 to 10 years have been playing PC games. Well I'm 40 years old and the last 20 have been online or on my PC playing and building/repairing PC's. It is just experience not ignorance. I'm not bragging or anything, it is just with age comes wisdom. And frankly most here have no wisdom at all when it comes to what to buy and when you buy it. If I recommend to buy Asus 90% would ignore that and buy BGF only to find out the company is no longer in business. I recommend buying GTX460 and OC it for BF3. EVRYONE here laughed at me, told me I was crazy and I would be lucky to get 30 FPS on medium settings. Guess what? 60 FPS on ultra high!

My point is instead of always arguing with my recommendations, why not follow them? My passion is electronics with PC electronics in particular. I am constantly reading up on old and new PC technology on a daily basis. I spend hours reading up on what is hot and what is not from PC magazines of which I have 4 subscriptions too, to reading tech forums. I focus on the technology and not the benchmark scores. I pay a lot of attention to the market and things like that. The parts you see in my system specs to the left are there for a reason. Not because that was all I could afford, or that was all Best-buy had in stock at the time. I bought it because I researched not only the product in question, but the company that made it as well. You guys running out and buying into these fly-by night companies just because there cheap and in stock at your local Best-buy is not wise. That isn't ignorance that is common sense...

I tell you guys I have never had a part go bad on me in 16+ years. Again you either laugh at me or call me a liar..