Metro: Last Light

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by villa_youth, May 31, 2011.

1. villa_youth

villa_youth Master Guru

GPU:
    780 Ti
    A bit of info on the new Metro game guys. http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/117/1171532p1.html
    Seems like they are trying to address some of the faults of the first game and an interesting quote for the bottom of the artical reads "4A plans to push PC hardware to its limit with Metro: Last Light", so sounds good for pc gamers.

2. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Here is the list they need to do to attract PC geeks

- put DX11 or even DX10
    - SSAO
    - 16X AF and maximum AA
    - LOW, MEDIUM, HIGH, ULTRA HIGH, CRAZY HIGH texture settings
    - some INI files so geeks can modify them
    - DOF and BLUR which u can enable and disable separately
    - LOW, MEDIUM, HIGH sound settings
    - Last but not the least: UNOPTIMIZE THE GAME so people wont able to play at max FPS and they will love the game. Because people dont like it when their high end pc plays the game at 90 FPS.

its like a lover which always runs away and makes u chase . it gives more joy when u cant own the lover. its more joyful when u CANT own the lover. or how u call it english. i hope u got my point lol.

3. Wanny

Wanny Guest

can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait :D

Seriously I played metro 2033 for like 40 hours. I really liked it apparently.

4. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB

Lol they already did that with the 1st game. If you can run Metro and ArmA2 with high settings, your pc is ok. :D

5. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Please no more stupid ai!!

6. villa_youth

villa_youth Master Guru

GPU:
    780 Ti
    Thats a very interesting way to look at it......so always leave them wanting more, but don't ever quite deliver it.:)

7. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    That's a horrible, one sided idea. If they want to draw attention to their game they need to start looking at DX11 with more insight then just tessellation and SSAO. For example, DX11 also offers Multi-Threaded Rendering. A feature that would add a nice performance boost with all the eye candy. When the drivers are done right can and will increase performance. Civ5 is the only other game that currently uses it. BF3 and a few other future games will though.

Another idea would be to use better Compression/Decompression Algorithms. I think they are called BC6H and BC7. In any case there are a few techniques that can be used that would allow developers to use DX11 features and still allow the game to be playable for everyone with a adequate PC. The idea isn't to make the game playable to only a few with a high enough end PC, again horrible idea. But to differentiate it making it better then the console variants. That is what would attract people.
    1. Better visual quality
    2. And still have the performance that is better then what consolers see.

That will keep them coming for more on the PC front. Not unoptimized ported games. You do realize that we've already seen that in previous title releases.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2011
  8. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Getting rid of the set-piece gameplay would be a great start.

9. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    Metro 2033 lacked graphics customizable options, and only offered detail presets which weren't optimal for most people.

10. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    Will the engine actually be optimized this time?

11. Dictator93

Dictator93 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Titan X
  12. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    I agree with most of the above, textures, settings, sound, af and aa settings too. But I want a really well optimized game! I did not spend all my money on my hardware for it to sit there and not do what is capable of doing, or struggle because of poor optimization!

I would love for devs to start including a slider for fps, much like the slider in World Of Warcraft! Which allows people to set the desired fps from 25 all the way up to 250! I love this method, I used to run WoW at 30fps with every single bell and whistle turned up, 32xaa, 16xaf, turned off all optimizations in drivers, and used 8xsupersamples as well and it was butter smooth even at peak times in large populated areas too.

I would much rather have this option the having to edit .ini/cfg files all the time.

13. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    My my yes, its amazing what a pre-rendered photoshopped image can look like ;)

14. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    Meh il wait for STALKER 2

15. Dictator93

Dictator93 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Titan X
    I feel pretty confident that is not pre-rendered. Phosohopped for color and stuff, perhaps, but pre-rendered, I do not think so.

16. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT Nitro+
    So all you want it good looking game which runs well ?

What about gameplay, fun, challenge, sounds, story and how well it sucks you into the game ? How about replay value which most games are missing these days ?

I do like graphics, but it's not the main thing to me, also it's good if game runs well but gameplay/fun might be the most important thing to me.

17. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    My opinion exactly, we should have the option to set the desired max fps. But there's a lot people that disagrees with that and give you the "turn on vsync" answer as if it helps anything.

18. FatBoyNL

FatBoyNL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    Yes, please do turn on vsync to set the desired max fps!
    But I think the min fps is more important ;)

19. john2gr

john2gr Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX295 1.75GB
  20. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    Metro 2033 was awesome but a little boring from time to time.

definitely looking forward to Metro LL.