Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > General > General Software and Applications
General Software and Applications Trouble with software/DirectX or other programs like Detonator Destroyer.

Heur.Corrupt.PE@-1, Driver Sweeper 2.1.0
Old
  (#1)
Crockman

Videocard: Sapphire 4850 Toxic-512mb
Processor: X2 5000+ Black Edition
Mainboard: Biostar TF560
Memory: S.Talent ddr2-800 2x2gb
Soundcard: On-Board
PSU: Antec Earthwatt-500w
Default Heur.Corrupt.PE@-1, Driver Sweeper 2.1.0 - 04-18-2011, 15:01 | posts: 10 | Location: US

Hello,

I recently (about 3 hours ago) installed a new copy of Windows 7.

I updated Windows and all the PC Drivers. I downloaded and used Driver Sweeper 2.1.0 when I updated my ATI Vid Card Driver. (Downloaded Driver Sweeper from the Guru3D website).

I decided to give Comodo Internet Security a try, so downloaded and installed it. Did a Full Scan with it about 30 minutes ago.

In the scan was found: Heur.Corrupt.PE@-1. Found in File \Programs\Driver Sweeper\~WebUpdateTmpFolder\Driver Sweeper.exe

I thought for sure it was a False Positive except the Driver Sweeper's own Update system didn't work properly, the program would always "Stopped Working" during the update process, so to be on the safe side I decided to upload the file directly to Comodo. I received a reply Email in less then 10 minutes.

Quote from the Comodo Email:

"Hello,

This is to inform you that the file you have submitted to us is not a False Positive. The file is indeed corrupt.

Best regards,
Florin Gogoseanu
Comodo Antivirus Lab "

I've thus quarantined the infected Driver Sweeper File.

Main reason I've written this Thread is to give others a heads-up in that I do believe the Driver Sweeper 2.1.0 Download from the Guru3D site is Infected with a Virus

Old
  (#2)
Arctucas
Maha Guru

Videocard: SLI nVIDIA 560Ti
Processor: i7 950 @ 4.2GHz
Mainboard: eVGA 141-GT-E770-A1
Memory: Mushkin998966 Radioactive
Soundcard: X-Meridian 7.1 2G/ Z-5500
PSU: Corsair AX1200
Default 04-18-2011, 15:59 | posts: 1,835

I do not use Comodo, but did they not say it was a corrupt file, and I am not sure, but how does that make it a virus?

Upload the file to VirusTotal for a second opinion.

Last edited by Arctucas; 04-18-2011 at 16:04.