ok so im done with 5770 crossifre!

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by xodius80, Nov 21, 2010.

1. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    hi, so after 4 months of nightmares with my dual 5770 crossfire setup, today ima go format my hardrive and have only one of my 5770 plugged into my machine, what driver should i use for only 1 5570.

i play WoW, Bc2, and sc2 what do you guys recomend?

Last edited: Nov 21, 2010
  2. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    I recommend 10.10e

3. nav-jack

nav-jack Master Guru

GPU:
    980 ti 1520/2000
    i'm planning on doing a crossfire 5770 setup... why are you abandoning it?

4. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Multi-GPU configurations will always have some underlying issue....if you can't handle that, it's best to avoid them altogether.

5. Brandon_34

Brandon_34 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 690GTX
    I Feel your pain. Use the 10.10 von modded they are good. BTW I ditched the second card to.

6. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Last good drivers for Xfire were the 10.5's ive read, but tbh, Xfire has never been a strong point for AMD, its got to many problems, your best of getting the best single card you can. :)

7. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    dont do it, youll get frustrated, it has many issues like if driver suports or not x game, if you alt tab with x driver crossfire gets disabled, and if you use x driver that CAN alt tab from a fullscreen app, other games are not optimized with THAT driver, and the list goes ON AND ON AND ON, so sincierly, no man its been a nightmare for me. so far the best driver for it has been for my machine is 10.5 but even with it some games like battlefield company in explosions and debris EVEN AT THE LOWEST setting causes to drop to 5fps at moments so the whole game experience goes down the toilet, something sadly dint happen with my 275gtx wich i miss soooooo much, i mean with my 275gtx on explosions and debris would drop framerates but not to the point you cant even aim because its......like..........jummpin......beannns.....bbbeeeecccaauusssee.......it.....cant.........compute......... sort of thing.

later tonight im just gonna take it out format my pc and just deal with one 5770, and pray that at least i might get a performance LIKE my old 275gtx.

8. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    btw im just kind of angry that they promote somthing that doesnt function in a 100% way, if they market somthing claiming that works, then it should, and i bealive that we consumers dont have to put up with this mumbo jumbo, in the box wich my card came said no warning about, these issues or failures to maintain stabilty.

performance claimed by AMD said to be higher IF crossfire is enabled in OVERALL games, so this troubles i had is not worth my money or my patience.

i know pc are all about tweaking and the such, but still i do feel kinda scammed by ati with their claims in performance gains.... as a gamer i do not want EXTRAORBITAL FPS in my games, i want stability and smootness issues free gaming.. i rather have a stable 60fps than 200 fps ditching into the 5psf on some ocacions that will disturb my gaming.

oh and please dont take the reviews on a 100% truth, you may see on many websites on how much FPS you get on dual crossfire configurations, YES THEY ARE acurate on high fps but like i said, i dont think they represent the overall experience of gaming, what benefits does it give me that i get high fps at moments then crumbles down to oblivion on moments that i need those ´´high´´ fps and die cuz of the stutters and issues that crossfire stumbles upon.

i might be a naging nancy, but after 4 months of this..... AMD this is all what you will get from your customers, no thumbs up no ftw, only QQ´s and pew pews until you invest the money we invested in you, to make some decent drivers.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
  9. Detection

Detection Banned

GPU:
    2 x 6850 - CrossFireX
    Im happy with my 2 x 5770 CrossFireX setup

No issues, no complaints, and I did go back to 1 x 5770 for a test to see the difference, and its huge, I could not go back to just 1

10. MadelineX

MadelineX Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 295x2
    Crossfire can be a pain at times (well, a lot really) but it's fun to tweak and play with if you're into that kind of thing. I like my crossfire. When I disable it experimentally occasionally i certainly feel that empty PCI-E slot. Performance is halfed like one would imagine.

So, I don't know... it can be a pain, but it's never the end of the world like people tend to make it out to be. You'll get performance, you'll get problems. It's situational.

I do agree (like it's stated over and over countless times) that AMD needs a better driver team, but still Crossfire is good to me.

11. Metz

Metz Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 5850 TOP CF
    Crossfire does take some time to get right. What resolution and settings are you running these games with? If you get no performance increase by dropping your resolution and graphic settings your liking hitting limitations in other areas.

Do these problems go away with crossfire disabled?

I can say that my crossfire experience has been more positive than negative.

12. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    thank you for your intrest in helping me out, but im done with crossfire im just gonna stick to one card, like i said its been 4 months of trying everything out, so i really have no hopes or patience anymore, i just want some driver recomendations of people that have one 5770, so i can try out later tonight that i get home from work.

ve spent more time bugfixing my crossfire than actually playing lol

Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
  13. cowman

cowman Guest

I'm currently running 10.5 with my 5770 and I have 0 issues. 10.4a's are good as well. I play BC2 and L4D1/2. I have black Ops but I've only played single player and the game runs perfect with everything on high (AA 2x, AF 16x) at 1280x1024. I haven't tried anything higher than 10.5 because of the comments I've read on here about each driver release.

Edit: I'd like to see someone who has a single 5770 and has tried the 10.10e's comment on this thread. All my games run fine so I have no reason to upgrade my drivers at this time, but it'd be interesting to see if ATI has finally increased performance from the 10.5's on this card.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2010
  14. Detection

Detection Banned

GPU:
    2 x 6850 - CrossFireX
    Why dont you sell your 2 x 5770 and buy 1 x 5870 ?

Very similar performance to 2 x 5770s without the CrossFireX problems

15. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    cool, just in case do you get random foilage (bushes) poing up out of nowhere with these drivers? i had that little issue on my crossfire setup using the 10.5 do you get that on you single 5770 too?

16. OvR|<|LL

OvR|<|LL Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    I got tired of it as well. I used the 10.4's for ever they were pretty reliable. Then I started using the 10.10's, They worked but I kept having issues with having to reinstall them randomly on my linux load, and just random quirks here and there in windows 7. Finally after the several revs later I had enough, and sold my 5870's and bought a GTX580(this is not a flame attempt). I think Im going to stick with a single card for a while, and when I get a wild hair grab another. I really feel your pain. Seems like the whole 10.10 series driver caused me ALOT of issues with my old 5870 xfire setup.

17. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    yes i might just do that, ima try to sell em but here in my country is kind of hard to sell, since i bought them here in retail for 210usd so i might have to sell em localy at 180 not to lose so much $$, i might go to nvidia again and maybe just get a 470gtx tho.

idk thats why i want to try in single mode to see if any issues still occur.

i like nvidia and ati. but to be honest with nv i had less issues so concern about.

in any event, can someone tell me what version drivers did came out with the 5770? is not 10.5 no?

18. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    yeah its sad, cuz i know you can feel at times that the crossfire setup has a lot of potential, but then randomly fails and starts to bitch. heck and i have my wife to do that for me, and now i had to put up with my pc, hell no! haha.

19. OvR|<|LL

OvR|<|LL Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    LOL^(hope she dont visit the forums:).Agreed, I had a lot less issues with my 3 gtx 260's in tri SLI. Scaling wasn't all that great with that model (Running 3 anyway) but what ever you decide will do you right. Try the 10.4's like I said they worked pretty well for me.

20. xodius80

xodius80 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti
    haha your gonna get my hopes up, i havent tried the 10.4 hell ima do it anyways before i wipe my hardrive, if i install 10.4 do i have to install 10.4 cap for it too, or newer 10.11 cap?

hell no i, have filtered guru3d on her machine on my router hahaha, so yeah i can complain about the wife here with no problems LOL.