Best games with 3D vision and 120hz monitor

Discussion in '3D Stereo and VR Gaming Section' started by jac38, Sep 19, 2010.

1. jac38

jac38 New Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 295
    I have the set up anf working so that is not a problem. But after playing some games I realized how huge the diffrence can be on how well it works on diffrent games. Nvidia has i list here: http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d-vision-3d-games.html

I have tried Batman: Arkham Asylum, Just Cause 2, Metro 2033: The Last Refuge and Maffia 2. All are listed to work in a speciel class of it's own and they all look just great. But then I have seen that this list in not very good. Some of the games in the "Exelent" list doesn't work at all and some realy crappy. There are also a list in the Nvidia program in the computer and that list is not the same as the site list.

I now want to know more games that has been tested and found to be exelent or even fantastic to play. In my opinion the best 2 games (with this 3D effect) are Just Cause 2 and Metro 2033 nut what do you think??

Regards
    jac39

2. Zloth

Zloth Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Nvidia GTX 780
    The list on your computer in the control panel actually comes with the drivers. I trust it more than the website.

Some of that list is bogus - particularly with respect to old games. From what I've gathered, NVIDIA's old 3D system (before 3D Vision? while beta testing 3D Vision?) worked fine with old games. Current drivers don't work at all, though. So games like Deus Ex are listed as 'Excellent' when, in fact, the game will not work at all.

For anything made in the last few years, though, I've found the list to be pretty accurate.

You've got to watch another problem, too. Just because the effect works great doesn't mean the game is going to work great. If you are supposed to click on something that's displaying way behind the screen with a pointer that is shown at screen depth, you're going to have an awful hard time.

"3D Vision Ready" means the game/demo is designed to work with 3D Vision. It doesn't mean it works well. Go download the Heaven demo to see proof of that. (The Stone Giant demo works great, though.)

Fallout 3 worked very well for me. There's a mod to help with the weird water reflection problem. The main game seems to work fine in Alpha Protocol but the minigames and menus do not. Tomb Raider: Anniversary seems to work well, just be ready to duck when you bring up the inventory menu because the items render as being about two inches in front of your face. Borderlands seemed to be working fine when I played it for a few minutes. X3:Terran Conflict technically works great but, because of click-on-distant-object problem, you can really only use 3D for screenshots. Dragon Age: Origins mostly works well (in fact, being able to swing the camera around is REALLY fun in 3D) but can also run into the distant-click problem if you zoom out and above.

You can find more recommendations at http://www.solutiongaming.co.uk/