Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > General Chat > Folding@Home - Join Team Guru3D !
Folding@Home - Join Team Guru3D ! Please join the Folding@Home Research Program, join team Guru3D. Let's rank the charts high and fight disease !

Update On F@H v7 Client
Old
  (#1)
PantherX
Folding@Home Team Leader

Videocard: EVGA GTX 650 & GTX 660 Ti
Processor: i7-860 @ 3800 {1.33125V}
Mainboard: Gigabyte P55-UD5
Memory: Kingstston HyperX 8 GB
Soundcard: What's that?
PSU: Zalman 750 Watts
Wink Update On F@H v7 Client - 06-26-2010, 07:26 | posts: 1,173

Thought this is a very interesting information that I would like to share with my teammates:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Official F@H Blog
Here's an update on our v7 client efforts. The v7 client is a complete re-write in order to make the client more reliable, simple to maintain, and easier to include features that donors have requested. The first versions will not have everything that donors have asked for, but there will be some significant changes, such as the integration of classic, SMP, and GPU clients, the ability for a single client to handle all of these (eg multi-core + GPU) simultaneously (via multiple cores), a cleaner and more reliable GUI, much better and sophisticated tools for 3rd party developers, and in time the ability to use the FAH client to manage multiple machines easily.
The console version of the v7 client has gone through internal testing and we're starting a very limited alpha release. There are definitely some rough edges, but I'm excited to see it get this far. Assuming there are no show stoppers, I hope that we'll have something ready for open beta testing in a month or two, maybe sooner.
Source

Old
  (#2)
yoyo69
Master Guru

Videocard: MSI GTX670 Sli
Processor: i7 970 Do @3.2ghz
Mainboard: MSI X58A-GD65
Memory: 12gig G.Skill Ripjaw
Soundcard: SB Recon3D/TRITON AX PRO
PSU: Corsair HX1000w
Default 06-26-2010, 08:16 | posts: 317 | Location: Aylesbury

Thats good news, no longer have to install and config multiple programes.
Could mean more poeple taking up on Folding..

Tags
f@h