Afterburner 1.6.0 Beta 6 + Kombustor 1.08 (2010-05-28)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Garrett_Wu, May 28, 2010.

1. Garrett_Wu

Garrett_Wu Member Guru

We happily announce Afterburner 1.6.0 Beta 6! In this version we add over-voltage support of several new card, including new GeForce GTX 465 that is going to launch next week.(5/31)

We also update built-in benchmark tool Kombustor to newer version with many new function like voltage monitor.

Please give us feedback and suggestion on this version.

Download:http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/images/MSIAfterburnerSetup160Beta6.zip

[Changelog for Afterburner 1.6.0 Beta 6]
    - Added voltage control for one more MSI N240GT Low Profile graphics card version
    - Added initial NVIDIA GeForce GTX 465 series graphics cards support
    - Changed marketing name for MSI R5670-PD512 in hardware database
    - Core clock is now used as primary overclocking domain instead of shader clock on GeForce GTX 400
    - Unlocked memory downclocking ability on GeForce GTX 400 series
    - Default core voltages for NVIDIA GeForce GTX 400 series cards are no longer hardcoded into the database. Now MSI Afterburner uses new NVIDIA driver API to read variable default fused voltages on GeForce GTX 400 series graphics cards. Please take a note that new API reqires updated release 256 drivers, which are not available to public yet. MSI Afterburner will not affect core voltage at all when restoring defaults under curretnly available drivers
    - Upper limit for core voltage slider on NVIDIA GeForce GTX 400 series graphics cards has been upped to 1213mV. Please take a note that regular GTX 400 cards will not allow you to go beyond the reference voltage limits (1087mV for GTX 470 and 1138mV for GTX 480) until unlocked BIOS is flashed
    - Fixed <Link> button state saving/restoring issue on old NVIDIA cards caused
    by introducing Fermi family support
    - MSI On-Screen Display server has been upgraded to version 3.7.1. New server improves On-Screen Display 3D rendering mode compatibility with Source engine based games and Star Trek Online and contains updated profiles list

[Changelog for Kombustor 1.08]
    - New: added the GPU voltage in the GPU monitoring zone.
    - Change: now GPUs indexing follows the same indexing scheme than Afterburner.
    - Change: added name of the graphics card in temperature graphs.
    - Change: removed the auto-start of Afterburner.
    - Bugfix: the benchmarking params group was still grayed.
    - Minor bugfixes and changes.

2. davido6

davido6 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rx5700xt
    wicked news i tried to post this as news before but guru3d deleted it for no reson

ide post this as news again but i recon they would just delete it again but i have posted it on other sites as news since this is so wicked

thanksssssssssssssss for thissss

wicked voltage now works to what my bois can do thanks you so much

only little prob i see now is that fact max core for my 470 by zotzc is 915 which is loads of room but some might find that a little 2 restrictive
    ever thing eles works
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 28, 2010
  3. davido6

davido6 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rx5700xt
    all so not sure if this is right or what but in kombuster it reads my gpu as 31c which is my pcb not gpu since its temp is 37c
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 28, 2010
  4. JeGX

JeGX Member

GPU:
    GTS 250
    Yep I saw the bug. It occurs when you add the PCB temp monitoring in OSD. When there is only the GPU temp, there's no prob. I look at it asap. Thanks!

5. JeGX

JeGX Member

GPU:
    GTS 250
    The bug is fixed in version 1.0.10 (soon available).

6. davido6

davido6 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rx5700xt
    sweet work thanks not seen anything eles played a few games bc2 and stalker with it up and running no probs and thanks again for the great work

7. davido6

davido6 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rx5700xt
    hmm just tried to have gpu u only on with osd and still only reading the pcb temp allso i just ran with no osd on and still same m8

8. davido6

davido6 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rx5700xt
    allso not sure if this a bug as well but if u have the monitoring on and have it set to be on my g15 is kinder makes a mess if i have it on 6x8font

go goes like so
    gpu :48c,99%.870mhz, and the voltage goes off the screen
    pcb :34c
    mem:152 mb
    if u get what i mean it kinder puts ever thing on line one and pushes it out of view

5x6font all vits bar the v at the end of voltage but its a bit small for what i want
    rest is fine but again is just 2 small
    allso 6x6 does awy with the voltage setting

Last edited: May 29, 2010
  9. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

You have selectable font size, configurable display items and SCROLLABLE display with 4 G15 soft-buttons. It is up to you to choose if you wish to select BIG font and scroll the screen to see the text, which doesn't fit there or select smaller font and see everything at one. It is pointless to try to represent it as a bug.

10. davido6

davido6 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rx5700xt

tyyy

is there any chance of haveing stuff put on to line 2 thow since like 2 only has one thing line 3 same 1 thing

11. Unwinder

No. Select smaller font, disable some items or SCROLL.

12. davido6

davido6 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rx5700xt
    ok np and thanks for a wonderfull toool

13. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Is it me or Kombustor isn't stressing cards at all? I stayed at 73c with it and reached 90c+ with Furmark..

14. davido6

davido6 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rx5700xt
    long as u no that it only seems to read one temp that of u pcb at the min i did that with osd on and off same thing

15. Kill4L

Kill4L Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Laptop
    it would be nice to add support Voltages on Asus EAH5870 v2 in next versions. i guess a lot of users will be glad for this stuff

16. Unwinder

Don't think that we'll ever add ASUS specific entries to the database, sorry. However, you may modify the database yourself to add support for non-MSI custom design hardware, if the VRM is supported by Afterburner core. Use search, there was thread about unlocking uP6208 support on some ASUS 5870 AFAIR.

17. JeGX

JeGX Member

GPU:
    GTS 250
    I think it's you ;)
    You have to unlock the power draw to stress your GPU like FurMark.
    You can do this by editing the startup_options.xml and replacing
    Code:
      enable_unlock_power_draw="0"

by
    Code:
      enable_unlock_power_draw="1"

Now you can check/uncheck the power draw.

Here is a quick test with a GTX 480 to fix ideas:

Total system power - idle: 158W

Unclock power draw unchecked, 1024x768, windowed:
    - FPS: 760
    - Max GPU usage: 69%
    - Max GPU temp. 90°C
    - Max fan speed: 68%
    - Total system power: 340W

Unclock power draw checked, 1024x768, windowed:
    - FPS: 120
    - Max GPU usage: 98%
    - Max GPU temp. 94°C
    - Max fan speed: 85%
    - Total system power: 420W

18. Xenofin

Xenofin Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX470
    Hi!

FYI,

Just installed beta6 version and noticed the following:
    Global profile hotkeys change only Core voltage and memory clocks, core and shader clocks do not change at all when changing one profile to another (they stay at the applied values).

My GPUs are GTX470 series in SLI. I have saved default clocks into one profile and overclocks to another and bound them to keys. Automatic profile management is not in use.

I'll take it back, it's working
    Edit:. During uninstallation of the beta 5 version I saved all settings to be used with beta 6 version (when the installer asked it). This might have caused it, I deleted all profiles and created them again. Now it is working.

Last edited: May 31, 2010
  19. TurboMan

TurboMan Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW 3
    This is the same thing as before but it shows you the core clock instead of shaders ????

What i mean is. Is it still using shaders to clock the card ? It only shows you the core clock just to make it easier for everyone ????????

Last edited: Jun 1, 2010
  20. Unwinder

Correct.