BulletStorm - New title from People Can Fly

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Damien_Azreal, May 14, 2010.

1. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yep, the new shooter from the developers behind 2004's Painkiller, People Can Fly, have announced their new shooter.

BulletStorm.

Here's some screenshots, an interview with Cliffy B (remember, People Can Fly are owned by Epic)...

And the first official trailer.

Personally, I think the game looks fantastic. Bright, colorful... fast paced and over the top. The exact kind of game I'd expect from the guys who did Painkiller. And, being backed by a big name studio like Epic... they have some amazing resources available to them.

BulletStorm is set for release early 2011 for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC. :)

2. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    Yeah i think it looks really good, going to keep my eye on it.

3. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    it looks awsome

4. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    Been waiting for their next game for a while, especially after all of the 3rd party Painkiller releases were rather bad. Hopefully the move to multiplatform doesn't hinder the game much however, as over the top games like this only work if they are extremely challenging, IMO.

5. Indeo

Indeo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970@950\1200 + GT240
    When I first saw screenshots a month ago, I was like "wtf happened to Painkiller designers?!" Way too bright, positive and dull surroundings for classic fps... However, the trailer has shown that this is compensated with hi-speed action dynamics. So I'll be watching)

PS They should've done PK2 instead, too sad they don't even have copyrights anymore...

6. anticitizen013

anticitizen013 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    Okay that looks awesome. Just the type of game I'm looking for! Mindless fast paced action (my favourite :))

7. phill1978

phill1978 Master Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 1GB 5850@840/1140
    looks good fun tbh like serious sam but with crazy fantasy gfx :)

hopefully it will feature some enhanced dx11 type effects and great textures for pc

8. Grim_2o0o

Grim_2o0o Guest

GPU:
    RX 570 Nitro +
    I really liked the original Painkiller, maybe PCF will work some of their old skool magic into this as well.

9. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    yea it looks sick!! can't wait :D

tnx for info.

10. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    I think it looks horrible, the gameplay looks interesting for half an hour at most.

It says "kill with some skill", I don't see that, what I see is pretty much what you would do in every FPS (minus the kicking) and just points floating all over the screen.

Launching a grenade into a cluster of enemies and getting points for one of them impaling on a cactus isn't skill, it's luck.

11. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    Borderlands meets Duke Nukem. Interesting.

12. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    Looks like Borderlands + Bioshock...

Do want.

EDIT: Bastard you took my comment.

13. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    Doesn't have to be luck if you used a grenade because you saw a cactus near by and he stuck.

14. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    What you identify is a cluster of enemies that would be suitable for a grenade without wasting one, the environment nearby is just scenery.

Maybe as the game progresses you would aim to get some of these more "skilful" kills, but I think it's all pretty much just luck and the same skills you would use in any other fps.

15. hirmak

hirmak Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX285
    Painkiller with better graphics.If U like Painkiller,U'll love it
    And the name of this game should be Kickass :banana:

16. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    That's how you would play it, not how I would play it. This is the same reason I think so many people wrote off Crysis as being boring and just like every other shooter around, it's only like every other shooter if that's how one approaches it.

2 cents.

17. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    i think this is the kind of game you can't or shouldn't play for more than an hour at a time, only way i see this game successful is the multiplayer, the singleplayer is going to be pretty weak, that much i'm sure.

18. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    Now that's some FPS action the way I like it, I liked Borderlands (still like it), I loved Painkiller, and it looks like both are being mixed together with some Duke Nukem thrown in (kicking, perhaps punching, and seeing the enemies suffer and crying before you kill them), I'll surely keep an eye on it, and it's good to see that People Can Fly are still around, from what I can remember Painkiller when it came out was one of the first PC games to use Havok, at least to the extent it was used.

19. Stingray

Stingray Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Super OC
    Has a Duke Nukem Feel/Attitude to it.

20. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    Nothing wrong with typical FPS's and some oldschool kill em all is always fun. This looks fantastic with unique vibrant scenery. I'll probably get the PS3 version considering this is EA and 2011's DRM, while everyone else will likely be complaining of how they cant get it to run right or just crying about DRM in general, i'll be actually playing it