Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Affiliates > Rivatuner Generic Discussion forum
Rivatuner Generic Discussion forum This forum is intended for generic questions and discussion of the RivaTuner Utility. In this section the users help each other out with answers.

How to Monitor a 5870 with Rivatuner?
Old
  (#1)
Dcrawler
Member Guru

Videocard: Evga 680sli Hydro(s)
Processor: i7 2600k @ 3.4GHz
Mainboard: Maximus IV Extreme
Memory: 16GB DDR3
Soundcard:
PSU: 1800w
Default How to Monitor a 5870 with Rivatuner? - 10-14-2009, 08:05 | posts: 133 | Location: Somewhere in America

Hello; I've seen some mention of a configuration file for some of the older ati cards, but did not know if this applies to the 5870? Specifically, I'm trying to create some fan profiles. However, although I can do this on nvidia hardware, the same options do not seem to apply for ati via rivatuner. On my customize button I only have 3 options (Low-level refresh, low-level desktop color, and graphic subsystem diagnostic). Can anyone help me out? I do appreciate your time and effort .

Old
  (#2)
Unwinder

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Default 10-14-2009, 09:54 | posts: 11,382 | Location: Taganrog, Russia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcrawler View Post
Hello; I've seen some mention of a configuration file for some of the older ati cards, but did not know if this applies to the 5870? Specifically, I'm trying to create some fan profiles. However, although I can do this on nvidia hardware, the same options do not seem to apply for ati via rivatuner. On my customize button I only have 3 options (Low-level refresh, low-level desktop color, and graphic subsystem diagnostic). Can anyone help me out? I do appreciate your time and effort .
There is no public version with 5xxx series support yet. And you won't be able to add it yourself by editing the .cfg, sorry.

Alexey Nicolaychuk aka Unwinder, RivaTuner creator

Old
  (#3)
Dcrawler
Member Guru

Videocard: Evga 680sli Hydro(s)
Processor: i7 2600k @ 3.4GHz
Mainboard: Maximus IV Extreme
Memory: 16GB DDR3
Soundcard:
PSU: 1800w
Default 10-14-2009, 10:48 | posts: 133 | Location: Somewhere in America

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unwinder View Post
There is no public version with 5xxx series support yet. And you won't be able to add it yourself by editing the .cfg, sorry.
Sup Unwinder? I understand; at least I won't drive myself crazy trying to troubleshoot now. Thank you for the reply and information.

Old
  (#4)
TylerD004

Videocard: SAPPHIRE Radeon 5870 1GB
Processor: Core2Duo E6750 @ 3.5Ghz
Mainboard: ASUS P5N-E SLI
Memory: 4GB DDR 2 OCZ Reaper HPC
Soundcard: Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic
PSU: Corsair 850W
Smile 10-14-2009, 21:45 | posts: 17 | Location: San Diego, CA

Unwinder, will there be a RiverTuner for the 5800 series. If so, when do you think it will be released?