Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Affiliates > MSI AfterBurner Overclock Application Discussion forum
MSI AfterBurner Overclock Application Discussion forum This forum is intended for MSI customers for questions on the AfterBurner Overclock Utility based off Rivatuner. In this section the users help each other out with answers as well as support staff from MSI.

RivaTuner vs Afterburner
Old
  (#1)
LethalRise750

Videocard: MSI R6970 Lightning
Processor: Intel Core i7 2600K
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: Corsair 750TX
Default RivaTuner vs Afterburner - 10-06-2009, 19:59 | posts: 12

So RivaTuner is capable of overriding ATi Powerplay and enforcing 3D Clock Speeds, is there any way to get Afterburner to do this so that the flickering stops every time the GPU Down clocks?

Thanks!

Old
  (#2)
XLR8
Member Guru

Videocard: HD4870 512MB
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: 600W
Default 10-06-2009, 20:03 | posts: 48

Not possible, blame ATI for that.

Old
  (#3)
LethalRise750

Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
Default 10-06-2009, 20:06 | posts: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLR8 View Post
Not possible, blame ATI for that.
RivaTuner does it, and Afterburner is built around RivaTuner just like Precision so I don't see how its impossible

Old
  (#4)
Unwinder

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Default 10-06-2009, 20:14 | posts: 11,192 | Location: Taganrog, Russia

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalRise750 View Post
RivaTuner does it, and Afterburner is built around RivaTuner just like Precision so I don't see how its impossible
In fact many RivaTuner noobs ofter spam me with false bugreports because of that and ask to fix the bug that broken their favorite PowerPlay. Also, unofficial interfaces, which RT uses for that, are not supported by AMD and were "suddenty" broken by them a few times already. Regularry fixing them is not a big fun too.
I wouldn't like the story to repeat and to have the same headache with Afterburner, so it will rely on official AMD interfaces only, which assume PowerPlay usage.

Alexey Nicolaychuk aka Unwinder, RivaTuner creator

Old
  (#5)
LethalRise750

Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
Default 10-06-2009, 20:17 | posts: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unwinder View Post
In fact many RivaTuner noobs ofter spam me with false bugreports because of that and ask to fix the bug that broken their favorite PowerPlay. Also, unofficial interfaces, which RT uses for that, are not supported by AMD and were "suddenty" broken by them a few times already. Regularry fixing them is not a big fun too.
I wouldn't like the story to repeat and to have the same headache with Afterburner, so it will rely on official AMD interfaces only, which assume PowerPlay usage.
Awesome, Thanks for clearing that up Guess its time to reflash my card lol