Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > General Chat > The Guru's Pub
The Guru's Pub Hang out with Guru3D's staff and other visitors, have a nice civilized chat, nothing hardware related though !


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
New peircing won't stop bleeding :/
Old
  (#1)
Doug
Ancient Guru
 
Videocard: HD 4870/GTX260
Processor: E6750 @ 3.3GHz
Mainboard: Gigabyte P35C-DS3R
Memory: 6GB OCZ Platinum 800Mhz
Soundcard: Onboard
PSU: Corsair HX620
Default New peircing won't stop bleeding :/ - 08-05-2009, 02:38 | posts: 4,984 | Location: UK

I got my ear peirced again on Monday. All was fine, cleaned with saline solution and went to bed. Woke up with a cake of dried blood around the bar through my ear...

Got up, cleaned it off with saline solution and all was ok until later on I touched my ear, looked at my hand and there was a fair amount of blood on it... Since then I've kept on wiping the blood cakes away but they keep coming back. To clean it off properly I've had to move the jewellery about which I know is a big no-no but I figured it'd be pretty bad to leave dry blood on it right?

Anyone with peircings had this before? Or any idea what I should do...?

Tis a bit worrying!
   
Reply With Quote
 
Old
  (#2)
Chouji
Ancient Guru
 
Chouji's Avatar
 
Videocard: 19 inch flat screen
Processor: 500 gigabyte cpu, FAST!?
Mainboard: The case is black
Memory: Ram? Male sheep?
Soundcard: Sound card? Like a CD?
PSU: duh, wall socket
Default 08-05-2009, 03:04 | posts: 5,640 | Location: In a house, on a hill, by a road.

It may have been pierced wrong, i have a few piercings which had a little bleeding too.

I solved it by using neosporin ointment. Not to be mistaken with the neosporin cream.
The ointment is thick like toothpaste and is somewhat clear, and doesn't dry easily.
Where the cream is white and thin.

Rub the ointment on the piercing and move the piercing in and out to move some into the hole. It will also stop any infections.
Hope this helps a little.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#3)
Palerider
Ancient Guru
 
Palerider's Avatar
 
Videocard: HIS X1950XTX
Processor: Intel E-6600 2.4Ghz@3.4GH
Mainboard: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Memory: 3x1Gb XMS c6400 DDR2/800
Soundcard: X-FI-XM/Creative Inspire
PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower700
Default 08-05-2009, 03:13 | posts: 4,403 | Location: Toledo Ohio

Perhaps you could set a new trend...The Tampon Earring!



   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#4)
Doug
Ancient Guru
 
Videocard: HD 4870/GTX260
Processor: E6750 @ 3.3GHz
Mainboard: Gigabyte P35C-DS3R
Memory: 6GB OCZ Platinum 800Mhz
Soundcard: Onboard
PSU: Corsair HX620
Default 08-05-2009, 03:31 | posts: 4,984 | Location: UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chouji View Post
It may have been pierced wrong, i have a few piercings which had a little bleeding too.

I solved it by using neosporin ointment. Not to be mistaken with the neosporin cream.
The ointment is thick like toothpaste and is somewhat clear, and doesn't dry easily.
Where the cream is white and thin.

Rub the ointment on the piercing and move the piercing in and out to move some into the hole. It will also stop any infections.
Hope this helps a little.
Thanks I'll check it out.

And that's disgusting pale lol
   
Reply With Quote
 
Old
  (#5)
Pill Monster
Ancient Guru
 
Pill Monster's Avatar
 
Videocard: 7950 Vapor-X 1175/1550
Processor: AMD FX-8320 @4.8
Mainboard: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2
Memory: 8GB Kingston HyperX 2400
Soundcard: Audigy 2 Platinum Ex 5.1
PSU: AcBel M8 750
Default 08-05-2009, 03:57 | posts: 23,904 | Location: NZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougk View Post
I got my ear peirced again on Monday. All was fine, cleaned with saline solution and went to bed. Woke up with a cake of dried blood around the bar through my ear...

Got up, cleaned it off with saline solution and all was ok until later on I touched my ear, looked at my hand and there was a fair amount of blood on it... Since then I've kept on wiping the blood cakes away but they keep coming back. To clean it off properly I've had to move the jewellery about which I know is a big no-no but I figured it'd be pretty bad to leave dry blood on it right?

Anyone with peircings had this before? Or any idea what I should do...?

Tis a bit worrying!
Amputation seems inevitable.



It'll be fine..........you shouldn't have to get it pierced again though.






Quote:
Perhaps you could set a new trend...The Tampon Earring!
I would eat that because it's actually Strawberries & Cream...

Last edited by Pill Monster; 08-06-2009 at 02:16.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#6)
TyrantofJustice
Ancient Guru
 
TyrantofJustice's Avatar
 
Videocard: AMD 7850 OC
Processor: 4670k 4.5 1.185v
Mainboard: Gigabyte z87x udh4
Memory: Gskill 2x4 gig 1866
Soundcard: onboard n logitech 2.1
PSU: Corsair 750 cx
Default 08-05-2009, 04:37 | posts: 4,418 | Location: New York

you are suposed to rotate,twist,roll the bar,earring or whatever to keep the skin from healing around it.

Just use the neo ointment,believe me you will know if it is time to go to the hospital your ear will blow up and hurt like hell.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#7)
LinkDrive
Ancient Guru
 
LinkDrive's Avatar
 
Videocard: Toaster
Processor: 2 Slot
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: Wall Socket
Default 08-05-2009, 05:11 | posts: 4,646

I've had my ears pierced for over a year now, and they still drain fluids and bleed off and on. Just keep them clean and you won't have anything to worry about.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#8)
nvlddmkm
Banned
 
Videocard: EVGA GTX285
Processor: QX9650 @ 3.95
Mainboard: EVGA 790i SLI FTW
Memory: 4g Pat Vip.DDR3 2000@1.7
Soundcard: Xonar Essence STX/Klipsch
PSU: Zalman 850w
Default 08-05-2009, 06:33 | posts: 4,253 | Location: Indiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavans View Post
I've had my ears pierced for over a year now, and they still drain fluids and bleed off and on. Just keep them clean and you won't have anything to worry about.
Seriously?

Did you pierce them at 1/0? You don't think something may be wrong?
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#9)
Pill Monster
Ancient Guru
 
Pill Monster's Avatar
 
Videocard: 7950 Vapor-X 1175/1550
Processor: AMD FX-8320 @4.8
Mainboard: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2
Memory: 8GB Kingston HyperX 2400
Soundcard: Audigy 2 Platinum Ex 5.1
PSU: AcBel M8 750
Default 08-05-2009, 06:45 | posts: 23,904 | Location: NZ

I don't know why you'd need them re-pierced, those holes never really close up.

Hell I haven't had an earing for about 10 years and the other day my step sister stuck a sleeper in no problemo...
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#10)
Jonnyboy
Ancient Guru
 
Jonnyboy's Avatar
 
Videocard: in process of upgrading
Processor: i5-750(oc'd 3.7 Ghz)
Mainboard: Gigabyte P55-USB3
Memory: 4 GB of GSkill DDR3 1333
Soundcard: SoundBlaster XFi Titanium
PSU: Corsair TX850
Default 08-05-2009, 08:48 | posts: 3,438 | Location: Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillmonster View Post
I don't know why you'd need them re-pierced, those holes never really close up.

Hell I haven't had an earing for about 10 years and the other day my step sister stuck a sleeper in no problemo...
I had my ears pierced when I was 8 but I took my ear ring out after like 2 years and now the hole is closed but you can tell I had my ear pierced.
   
Reply With Quote
 
Old
  (#11)
Doug
Ancient Guru
 
Videocard: HD 4870/GTX260
Processor: E6750 @ 3.3GHz
Mainboard: Gigabyte P35C-DS3R
Memory: 6GB OCZ Platinum 800Mhz
Soundcard: Onboard
PSU: Corsair HX620
Default 08-05-2009, 13:15 | posts: 4,984 | Location: UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillmonster View Post
I don't know why you'd need them re-pierced, those holes never really close up.

Hell I haven't had an earing for about 10 years and the other day my step sister stuck a sleeper in no problemo...
It's not the same place this time.

10 years and it's still open? I took my first one out for an interview, forgot to put it back in and it was closed in less than a week

First time I pierced it myself and it never bled at all lol... stupid professionals!

@ace - they gave me an after care leaflet and it says for the first few days you shouldn't rotate it at all costs.

I just woke up and it's not bled at all, made sure i slept on the opposite side so the piercing so I think it must have just got squashed against the pillows etc before
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#12)
mitzi76
Ancient Guru
 
mitzi76's Avatar
 
Videocard: MSI 580 (Agua)
Processor: CoreI7 920@4ghz(EK Sup)
Mainboard: Asus P6T Deluxe
Memory: 6gb Corsair 1600
Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1
PSU: 850w Antec
Default 08-05-2009, 13:36 | posts: 7,894 | Location: UK

ouch! just keep cleaning it with savlon and perhaps put a plaster over it.

still got my hole from my piercing. did it when i was 16...after half a bottle of vodka put an ice-cube on it and a girl-friend shoved a stud through..nice.

pirate look ftw!

   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#13)
Chouji
Ancient Guru
 
Chouji's Avatar
 
Videocard: 19 inch flat screen
Processor: 500 gigabyte cpu, FAST!?
Mainboard: The case is black
Memory: Ram? Male sheep?
Soundcard: Sound card? Like a CD?
PSU: duh, wall socket
Default 08-05-2009, 18:40 | posts: 5,640 | Location: In a house, on a hill, by a road.

If it still bleeds after a year theres something wrong Lavans. It might just be your earring though.

Some peoples piercings close up quickly, others never close up.
My ears never close up, though it isn't often i'm not wearing earrings, emerald studs for me.

But i have other piercings that will close up after just a few days, and then i have to pretty much jam the piercing in to re-open it, which causes temporary bleeding.

If your ears close up, or any piercing, use the neosporin ointment while you re-open them. It'll limit the bleeding and help avoid infection. Also works as a mild lubricant.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#14)
Icebird
Ancient Guru
 
Icebird's Avatar
 
Videocard: ...
Processor: ...
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: ...
Default 08-05-2009, 20:12 | posts: 11,592 | Location: North

Hm... WHERE on the ear seems to be quite the question here - maybe I am just blind.. But is it cartlidge or the ear lobe that you have pierced?



It's pretty much almost impossible to actually screw up an ear piercing.. As you basically can pierce any part of it. But occasionally, they do go wrong anyway... Is this your first piercing?

Neosporin, as Chouji said, is excellent. But if it still does not help, then you probably will have to remove it. Some bodies do not handle foreign objects being forced onto it, some bodies do. I myself have 12 piercings, and haven't had any problems at all with any of them. They heal up within days, a week top, and only hurt for a few hours.

And PS: rotating your ear piercing from time to time is actually recommended by some, and prohibited by others. I always do it, cause I've found it heals faster then. I tried to leave it be once, and the scab actually attached itself to the piercing, and I had to rip it loose. Not a good idea.

Anyways... If you are still having problems after a few days - GO BACK to the person who did the piercing!
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#15)
Skiddywinks
Ancient Guru
 
Skiddywinks's Avatar
 
Videocard: Asus Matrix 285
Processor: i5 750 @ 4GHz 1.32v H0
Mainboard: Asus Sabertooth i55
Memory: 4GB OCZ XMP DDR3 1353MHz
Soundcard: Asus Xonar D2X
PSU: Corsair HX1000W
Default 08-05-2009, 20:45 | posts: 4,631 | Location: North Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chouji View Post
Also works as a mild lubricant.
o rly?
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#16)
scipio
Ancient Guru
 
scipio's Avatar
 
Videocard: 780ti
Processor: 4770k 4.4
Mainboard: asus z87 deluxe
Memory: gskill 16 gb
Soundcard: xi-fi gamer
PSU: BFG es-800
Default 08-05-2009, 21:40 | posts: 4,124 | Location: NorCal

When I was 16 I pierced my nipple with some ice and a gold plated safety pin, hurt like hell but hardly bled. It's closed up now, but my left nipple is slightly larger than my right now lol...
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#17)
mitzi76
Ancient Guru
 
mitzi76's Avatar
 
Videocard: MSI 580 (Agua)
Processor: CoreI7 920@4ghz(EK Sup)
Mainboard: Asus P6T Deluxe
Memory: 6gb Corsair 1600
Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1
PSU: 850w Antec
Default 08-05-2009, 22:34 | posts: 7,894 | Location: UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by scipio View Post
When I was 16 I pierced my nipple with some ice and a gold plated safety pin, hurt like hell but hardly bled. It's closed up now, but my left nipple is slightly larger than my right now lol...
sweet jesus hehe..
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#18)
Pill Monster
Ancient Guru
 
Pill Monster's Avatar
 
Videocard: 7950 Vapor-X 1175/1550
Processor: AMD FX-8320 @4.8
Mainboard: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2
Memory: 8GB Kingston HyperX 2400
Soundcard: Audigy 2 Platinum Ex 5.1
PSU: AcBel M8 750
Default 08-05-2009, 23:22 | posts: 23,904 | Location: NZ

....

Last edited by Pill Monster; 08-05-2009 at 23:24.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#19)
Pill Monster
Ancient Guru
 
Pill Monster's Avatar
 
Videocard: 7950 Vapor-X 1175/1550
Processor: AMD FX-8320 @4.8
Mainboard: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2
Memory: 8GB Kingston HyperX 2400
Soundcard: Audigy 2 Platinum Ex 5.1
PSU: AcBel M8 750
Default 08-05-2009, 23:24 | posts: 23,904 | Location: NZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebird View Post
Hm... WHERE on the ear seems to be quite the question here - maybe I am just blind.. But is it cartlidge or the ear lobe that you have pierced?



It's pretty much almost impossible to actually screw up an ear piercing.. As you basically can pierce any part of it. But occasionally, they do go wrong anyway... Is this your first piercing?

Neosporin, as Chouji said, is excellent. But if it still does not help, then you probably will have to remove it. Some bodies do not handle foreign objects being forced onto it, some bodies do. I myself have 12 piercings, and haven't had any problems at all with any of them. They heal up within days, a week top, and only hurt for a few hours.

And PS: rotating your ear piercing from time to time is actually recommended by some, and prohibited by others. I always do it, cause I've found it heals faster then. I tried to leave it be once, and the scab actually attached itself to the piercing, and I had to rip it loose. Not a good idea.

Anyways... If you are still having problems after a few days - GO BACK to the person who did the piercing!
There's questions I'd like to ask........... but.................................... Never mind.


Love this one

Last edited by Pill Monster; 08-05-2009 at 23:26.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#20)
LinkDrive
Ancient Guru
 
LinkDrive's Avatar
 
Videocard: Toaster
Processor: 2 Slot
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: Wall Socket
Default 08-05-2009, 23:25 | posts: 4,646

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvlddmkm View Post
You don't think something may be wrong?
Nah, the earrings go in clean every time and they're not swollen or look irritated. So I doubt there's anything wrong with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chouji View Post
If it still bleeds after a year theres something wrong Lavans. It might just be your earring though.
Well, it's not like it's bleeding bleeding. Just the stops of the earrings tend to collect crud after a little while. But yeah, I should probably get new earrings, lol.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#21)
Doug
Ancient Guru
 
Videocard: HD 4870/GTX260
Processor: E6750 @ 3.3GHz
Mainboard: Gigabyte P35C-DS3R
Memory: 6GB OCZ Platinum 800Mhz
Soundcard: Onboard
PSU: Corsair HX620
Default 08-06-2009, 01:06 | posts: 4,984 | Location: UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebird View Post
Hm... WHERE on the ear seems to be quite the question here - maybe I am just blind.. But is it cartlidge or the ear lobe that you have pierced?



It's pretty much almost impossible to actually screw up an ear piercing.. As you basically can pierce any part of it. But occasionally, they do go wrong anyway... Is this your first piercing?

Neosporin, as Chouji said, is excellent. But if it still does not help, then you probably will have to remove it. Some bodies do not handle foreign objects being forced onto it, some bodies do. I myself have 12 piercings, and haven't had any problems at all with any of them. They heal up within days, a week top, and only hurt for a few hours.

And PS: rotating your ear piercing from time to time is actually recommended by some, and prohibited by others. I always do it, cause I've found it heals faster then. I tried to leave it be once, and the scab actually attached itself to the piercing, and I had to rip it loose. Not a good idea.

Anyways... If you are still having problems after a few days - GO BACK to the person who did the piercing!
It's my lobe and no, it's not my first piercing. Although the first one I've had that I didn't do myself. It hasn't bled at all today so I guess it's fine.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#22)
Icebird
Ancient Guru
 
Icebird's Avatar
 
Videocard: ...
Processor: ...
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: ...
Default 08-06-2009, 01:24 | posts: 11,592 | Location: North

You did it YOURSELF?? Oh, no.. Wait.. *reread* Well, just keep taking care of it. You wuss.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#23)
Pill Monster
Ancient Guru
 
Pill Monster's Avatar
 
Videocard: 7950 Vapor-X 1175/1550
Processor: AMD FX-8320 @4.8
Mainboard: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2
Memory: 8GB Kingston HyperX 2400
Soundcard: Audigy 2 Platinum Ex 5.1
PSU: AcBel M8 750
Default 08-06-2009, 01:28 | posts: 23,904 | Location: NZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebird View Post
You did it YOURSELF?? Oh, no.. Wait.. *reread* Well, just keep taking care of it. You wuss.
What is story with your homepage? Is that a pun or....??




Quote:
It's pretty much almost impossible to actually screw up an ear piercing
I imagine if somebody got drunk one night and then attempted to pierce their own ear with a screwdriver, it could have some rather undesirable consequences....

Last edited by Pill Monster; 08-06-2009 at 01:42.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#24)
DSK
Banned
 
Videocard: HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
Processor: E6300 @ 4Ghz
Mainboard: Gigabyte - GA-EP43T-UD3L
Memory: Sector Five @ 1333CAS7
Soundcard: Realtek 81xx
PSU: Silverstone 500w
Default 08-06-2009, 01:29 | posts: 17,984 | Location: Coldwells,UK

Dunno but her avatar is from a pokemon game im sure of it.
   
Reply With Quote
Old
  (#25)
Doug
Ancient Guru
 
Videocard: HD 4870/GTX260
Processor: E6750 @ 3.3GHz
Mainboard: Gigabyte P35C-DS3R
Memory: 6GB OCZ Platinum 800Mhz
Soundcard: Onboard
PSU: Corsair HX620
Default 08-06-2009, 01:41 | posts: 4,984 | Location: UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebird View Post
You did it YOURSELF?? Oh, no.. Wait.. *reread* Well, just keep taking care of it. You wuss.
I'm not a wuss!

I did my first one myself yes... It's amazing what a sandwich bag of ice + a drawing pin can do
   
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright (c) 1995-2014, All Rights Reserved. The Guru of 3D, the Hardware Guru, and 3D Guru are trademarks owned by Hilbert Hagedoorn.