ATT Scale to Laptop LCD on Windows 7 RC

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools' started by domdada, Jul 30, 2009.

1. domdada

domdada New Member

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon X1600
    Hi, I'm new to the forum, I've tried searching for my issue but I havent found anything to help me solve it, so I apologize in advance if I didnt search hard enough. :)

I have a HP laptop on which I installed the Windows 7 RC candidate. It was pretty annoying to install the video drivers for the ATI mobility radeon X1600 on there, but thanks to ATT and mobility modder, the drivers now work fine. Only problem is, the screen is 1900x1200, and on a 15" laptop, this resolution is insanely small!! This isnt much of a problem in windows since I upped the DPI, but in other programs, in which I cannot change this. So I must lower the resolution if I wish to keep my eyesight.

However, if I lower the resolution, the screen doesnt scale!! It just shows a smaller screen surrounded by a black box corresponding to the unused pixels. In windows XP, I didnt have this problem. How can I enable scaling under ATT in windows 7?

For some reason, Catalyst Control Center also wont install properly on my machine (thus I could only get the video drivers to work with ATT).

Thanks!
    -Dom

2. Randolph

Randolph Banned

GPU:
    Asus/x82/2G
    hope your little drame come ture.:)