"Setup did not find a driver compatible" problem

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Durruti, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Durruti

Durruti New Member

GPU:
    ATI HD 4870
    Hi there,

first, thx all for such a good support you all are doing...better than ATI´s one... and sorry for my bad english, i´m spanish.
    Second: sorry if this problem has already posted, I searched it but couldn´t find it.

I just get a ATI Sapphire HD 3850 AGP for my HTPC, but when I try to install drivers I always get the following message:

"Setup did not find a driver compatible with your current hardware or operating system. Setup will now exit."

I tried with Catalyst 9.3: no way
    I tried with Catalyst 9.1: no way

The only thing that works is the "Sapphire" drivers in the box: Catalyst 8.3

My O.S. is WinXP 32 bit

Any help is welcome. Thank you.

2. ReDi

ReDi Guest

GPU:
    2x Sapphire HD4870 CF
    Sounds like you downloaded a driver that is not for Windows XP32?

3. Durruti

Durruti New Member

GPU:
    ATI HD 4870

That was the first thing I thought, but the drivers I downloaded are OK, even I tried to downloaded it from Guru3D (ATI Catalyst 9.2 XP 32-bit WHQL), and, in the other hand, it´s impossible I´m the only fool in the world :

http://www.google.es/search?q="Setu...s=org.mozilla:es-ES:official&client=firefox-a

Also I tried updating .Net Framework from 2.0 to 3.5... useless

thx for reply,
    hope somebody has a solution.

4. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT

5. Durruti

Durruti New Member

GPU:
    ATI HD 4870
    Problem solved:

Thx dude, you proved I´m a fool...
    Sapphire has a hotfix for its own cards. I downloaded and installed "Catalyst 9.3 HOTFIX for HD2K/HD3k AGP cards and WinXP 32-bit (if problems occur by using AGP cards)" (the link above is for WinXP 64 Bits) and everything was fine.

thx