GTX 295 Vista ForceWare Problem (error code 43)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Beowulf_78, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Beowulf_78

Beowulf_78 New Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 295 1792MB
    Hi All!

Until 6 days ago i had MSI 295 GTX in my PC.

My Problem:
    The Windows cannot load ForceWare driver (error code 43). Only Vista X64 and X32. I change my drivers 3 or 4 times with old ones, official and beta drivers and nothing changed.

I do not have a problem Xp 32bit and 64bit with any drivers! They work perfectly!

Knows it what somebody reports the error code 43?

Help me guys!

Thanks

2. NeoElNino

NeoElNino Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1080 8GB Soon
    Have u tried the NON-Beta drivers?... basically the Official drivers from Nvidia webpage? (the official ones should install well).

Make sure u uninstall the old drivers and run Guru Driver Cleaner before installing the new drivers.

3. Beowulf_78

Beowulf_78 New Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 295 1792MB

I'm power user. I tested everything that may have been. Sure that not driver version problem. New Windows do this after install... :-(
    It would be necessary to find it out what the "error code 43" means. This will be the solution of the mysterious mistake.
    Not sure that driver problem, Windows Vista may be problems...

4. fhertlein

fhertlein Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 670 SLI

5. Beowulf_78

Beowulf_78 New Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 295 1792MB
  6. ookaasoo

ookaasoo New Member

GPU:
    Asus 9800GTX
    I also have this problem, however it not as simple af the driver ****ing op.

XFX GX-295N-HHFF

the driver works on my test setup, X58 motherboard, and also my LGA 775 MSI p93 chipset board on vista 64bit.

But on the system the card is intended for, Asus P5E WS PRO and also the previous board, p5q pro, the driver fails, stop code 43.

Tryed replaceing all hardware components to isulate the error, PSU, Motherboard, CPU memory, even the harddrive. Notthing will let the driver install properly. :S

7. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Error core 43 means that a device is not working properly.
    Can you check in the device manager if you see both GPUs installed under "display adapters" ?

8. delerius

delerius New Member

GPU:
    XFX Geforce GTX 295
    Hi Guys,

I got the same card and the same error with a ASUS P6T Deluxe motherboard... Only one of the GPU's show up in the Device Mananger... But I have a Unknown Device, which I think is the other core...

Right now the card works as a Standard VGA.... And I have tryed ALL the drivers + Beta driver....

Please let me know if you find an answer...

9. xSLIX

xSLIX Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 WCSWIFTECH
    Code 43
    Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)
    Recommended resolution

One of the drivers controlling the device notified the operating system that the device failed in some manner.

If you have already run the Troubleshooting Wizard, you might want to check the hardware documentation for more information about diagnosing the problem.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310123 ALL I FOUND SCROLL DOWN TO CODE 43 ALL IT SAYS WHAT I POST

try n reseat the card in pci slot. my sound card ussally does this when i have to take it out n put it in get errors installing the driver sayin the sound card isnt there or there not hardware does not surport the driver.... usally when card is dead it doesnt install driver n device manger will not show ur gfx card in it

ALSO FOUND THIS BUT DONT KNOW IF WILL WORK FOR U SINCE THEY USING BETA VISTA WAY BACK IN BEGIN OF THE NEW OS
    Matrix78Sep 9 2006, 11:51
    Quote - (Polydactyl @ Sep 3 2006, 20:02) [snapback]587848062[/snapback]

OK, someone over on www.<< spam >> posted a easy solution which fixed the code 43 problem.

Go into device manager, expand the "Computer" and right click the ACPI Computer, and choose "update driver software" -> "browse my computer..." -> "let me pick from list...". Then choose the only other option that is available, which should Advanced Configuration and Power Interface PC. After making this change video worked as it should, including Aero with all the eye candy.

Hope this helps someone.

THANK YOU for posting this, my code 43 is FINALY gone and i have FULL Glass back!!!! http://www.neowin.net/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t492316.html ALSO SCOLL DOWN A LIL OR READ THE HOLD THING .

Last edited: Jan 20, 2009
  10. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA

Yeah I have had this exact same problem and NVIDIA stopped investigating this because it (at the time) seemed isolated to my test setup. This nasty bug effects a very small amount of people.

Here's a trick that might work: Install the driver -> you'll notice that one GPU installs. Now go to the device manager.

Manually removed the unknown device (un-install) in device manager, then hit the refresh button then the 2nd GPU is properly detected as 295, and after installing restart. This works on my end.

Worst case scenario is reinstalling a clean Vista. I'll ping NVIDIA again on this bug. A common denominator here is that we all have the GTX 295 on an ASUS motherboard.

11. Crovean

Crovean Member Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7800 GS OC 256MB
    I'm also getting this error 43 with a BFG 7800 GS OC AGP on vista 64 with 181.20, and I'm pretty sure 181.22 will do it too, so I'm staying with 181.00.

12. jbraslins

jbraslins New Member

GPU:
    XFX GTX 295
    Got the same issue. XFX GTX 295, Abit IP35 Pro here. Vista 64.

Perhaps the common denominator is P35 chipset?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2009
  13. Crovean

Crovean Member Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7800 GS OC 256MB
    Probably not since I'm on an old ASUS K8V SE DX.

14. tamzid

tamzid Master Guru

GPU:
    His iceq4 turbo 4850 512
    wasn't ati users getting this same error code as far as i remember????

15. fhertlein

fhertlein Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 670 SLI
    I had to RMA a x58 that had tri sli working, the replacement board does not allow me to have tri sli, but regular sli works. The third card has the code 43 error.

I was able to get all three cards recognized, without any errors, but could not enable sli with any of the 18x drivers.

And don't bother doing a format/reinstall of the OS, because I did three different installs, to see if that fixed the problem.

Edit:

I uninstalled the drivers; used drive cleaner; deleted Nvidia references in the registry; cleaned the registry; installed the 185.20 drivers; and the result is no SLI but all cards are enabled without the yellow exclamation or error code 43.

So please tell me why the OS/mobo recognize all the cards, but SLI capabilities are not available?

Last edited: Jan 21, 2009

16. fhertlein

fhertlein Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 670 SLI
    I did some additional checking on my system...

Device Manager shows all three cards as installed and functional.

Nvidia Control Panel - System Information only shows two cards under components.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  17. Beowulf_78

Beowulf_78 New Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 295 1792MB
    YES YES YES YES!:banana::banana:
    This solution succeeded works!! Great job!:thumbup:

Thank you very very much...you helped many men!

With a greeting
    Beowulf_78

18. FireFlash

FireFlash New Member

GPU:
    XFX Geforce GTX295
    Thanks a million for this solution, I had the exact same problem with my XFX GTX295 and was about to give up on it. Taking these actions listed above solved it for me too! :cheers:

By the way, I have a Gigabyte EX58-UD4P board, so it does not seem to be occurring on Asus boards only.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2009
  19. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    This problem happens to many ATI owners as well. So I doubt this is a Nvidia or ATI problem. Im suspecting that this is caused by Windows somehow, maybe some of the newer Hotfixes that have been released by MS?? Dont know really, just a theory?? But it would be odd, that users with dual chip cards (4870x2 & GTX 295´s) have the same issue??? Or a huge coincidence? No I think there is more to it than that? But atleast some of you have found solutions to the problem, thats great...

20. Kpizz

Kpizz Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580+XFX GTX 295
    Hey i have the same card as you an XFX GTX 295, and this error code 43 has been bugging me too. the card simply works as a basic AGP, but i really want to get it to work. I'v tried the steps but im not shure im doing them right, there not as detailed. In my device manager, both gpu's read error 43. I'v tried Hilbert Hagedoorn's solution, but as i said, its not detailed enough for me. Could you please tell me step by step how you did this please?
    thanks