Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > General > Games, Gaming & Game-demos
Games, Gaming & Game-demos You can talk about the latest games here and more ..

Old
  (#126)
damien666
Ancient Guru

Videocard: gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
Processor: i7 930 stock H2O
Mainboard: asus III gene
Memory: 6gb corsair dominator GT
Soundcard: Auzentech Prelude 7.1
PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850W DXX
Default 03-11-2009, 18:17 | posts: 11,674 | Location: nottingham, uk

is it possible to get float32 working under CF

Old
  (#127)
JonasBeckman
Ancient Guru

Videocard: R9 290 Tri-X Vapor-X OC
Processor: i7-3930K @ 4.1Ghz
Mainboard: Asus Rampage IV Extreme
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB
Soundcard: Asus ROG Phoebus
PSU: Corsair AX 1200W
Default 03-11-2009, 18:44 | posts: 9,964 | Location: Sweden

It's just a few modified shaders so it'll work but it's for the R3 render path or in plain text the DX10/DX10.1 modes so it won't do much for DX9 if that's what you're using.

EDIT: Two files or so actually yet it's quite noticeable in the actual game.

Old
  (#128)
damien666
Ancient Guru

Default 03-12-2009, 00:20 | posts: 11,674 | Location: nottingham, uk

well im dx10.1 and if i have AI on meaning both card CF it doesn't boot the game but with AI off (no cf) i can boot

Old
  (#129)
JonasBeckman
Ancient Guru

Videocard: R9 290 Tri-X Vapor-X OC
Processor: i7-3930K @ 4.1Ghz
Mainboard: Asus Rampage IV Extreme
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB
Soundcard: Asus ROG Phoebus
PSU: Corsair AX 1200W
Default 03-12-2009, 05:08 | posts: 9,964 | Location: Sweden

Well that's strange, bit interesting as well since it works fine for me.
(Game engine can be a bit cumbersome though so it might be one of it's many quirks.)

And I take it things work just fine with the shader files removed?
(Shouldn't make a difference from what I know so it's a bit strange, they're just shaders after all.)

Old
  (#130)
damien666
Ancient Guru

Default 03-12-2009, 23:33 | posts: 11,674 | Location: nottingham, uk

ok people i need help my 4870x2 seems not to like this game it plays great and no ingame lag but i have a few issues

-float32 not work wi9th CF (im using dx10.1 / all settings maxed)
-i get rain coruption / flickering (only when rainig)
-their seems to be mouse lag like smoothing is on but the game doesn't lag

can people help me with these issues please

Old
  (#131)
Roger_D25
Ancient Guru

Videocard: eVGA GTX680 SLI EK H20
Processor: 3770K @ 4.2Ghz
Mainboard: MSI Z77A-GD65
Memory: Team 2400CAS9 DDR3
Soundcard: X-Fi Titanium HD
PSU: Corsairs AX760i
Default 03-12-2009, 23:39 | posts: 4,347 | Location: New Hampshire

Well those are issues I had with SOC but not with Clear Skies (especially that graphical corruption when it rains)! Fortuneatly Clear Skies hasn't had any of these problems on my system. With that said damien have you installed all the Clear Sky patches?

The mouse lag could be a few different things but start by making sure you have "V-Sync" disabled! If that is not the problem than I'd bet its got something to do with the ATI/AMD drivers (could that maybe be the problem)? Have you tried different drivers or a clean install of your current drivers? It could also be a problem with the CF setup, as in the drivers don't properly work with CF?

Keep us posted on your progress please.

Old
  (#132)
damien666
Ancient Guru

Default 03-13-2009, 06:52 | posts: 11,674 | Location: nottingham, uk

i have 1.0.5.7 installed, as for drivers i use the 9.2 but i will try 9.1 tonight

thanks

Old
  (#133)
Classic Satch
Banned

Videocard: 2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC
Processor: i7 920@4.2Ghz H20
Mainboard: Asus P6T Deluxe
Memory: 6GB Corsair DDR3 1600
Soundcard: X-Fi Xtreme Music
PSU: Silverstone DA850W
Default 03-13-2009, 08:55 | posts: 4,780 | Location: Alaska

Wow, I'm seriously enjoying this game. I have the graphics settings maxed out and it does look absolutely awesome. NMC's texture mod and the SHARPER textures do make a big difference in the overall graphical quality. My rig actually has to work to display this game, unlike Fallout 3 which didn't pose a challenge.

And the best part, not one single crash yet. Of course, I guarantee that I just jinxed myself. I'll probably end up like John now that I stated that.

Old
  (#134)
getsuga12
Ancient Guru

Videocard: Geforce GTX870M
Processor: Intel i7 4810MQ, 2.8Ghz
Mainboard: MSI GT60 2PC Dominator
Memory: 2x4GB DDR3-1600
Soundcard: Realtek Audio Card
PSU: MSI GT60 2PC Dominator
Default 03-13-2009, 09:55 | posts: 4,358

guess I'll reinstall this game later, haven't touched it ever since my saved game files went to hell. Plus, now there are a lot of nice graphical optimization mods which would go nicely with DX10.

Old
  (#135)
Classic Satch
Banned

Default 03-13-2009, 09:59 | posts: 4,780 | Location: Alaska

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsuga12 View Post
guess I'll reinstall this game later, haven't touched it ever since my saved game files went to hell. Plus, now there are a lot of nice graphical optimization mods which would go nicely with DX10.
Be forewarned bro, you may have to do some serious tweaking to get it running smoothly. This game has my rig stretched to it's limits and my 260's are seriously overclocked. DX10 puts a serious strain on things, depending on which options you max out. But, it does look incredible. The lighting is, hands-down, the best I've ever seen in a game.

Old
  (#136)
getsuga12
Ancient Guru

Videocard: Geforce GTX870M
Processor: Intel i7 4810MQ, 2.8Ghz
Mainboard: MSI GT60 2PC Dominator
Memory: 2x4GB DDR3-1600
Soundcard: Realtek Audio Card
PSU: MSI GT60 2PC Dominator
Default 03-13-2009, 11:04 | posts: 4,358

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Satch View Post
Be forewarned bro, you may have to do some serious tweaking to get it running smoothly. This game has my rig stretched to it's limits and my 260's are seriously overclocked. DX10 puts a serious strain on things, depending on which options you max out. But, it does look incredible. The lighting is, hands-down, the best I've ever seen in a game.
kinda was expecting that, I tried running it max (stock, no mods) back when I was still on XP and a Pentium 4 and the godrays killed performance, so i had to sacrifice that. I'll probably use the float32 and whatever other mod that boosts performance this time, and tweak accordingly

Old
  (#137)
Classic Satch
Banned

Default 03-13-2009, 11:22 | posts: 4,780 | Location: Alaska

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsuga12 View Post
kinda was expecting that, I tried running it max (stock, no mods) back when I was still on XP and a Pentium 4 and the godrays killed performance, so i had to sacrifice that. I'll probably use the float32 and whatever other mod that boosts performance this time, and tweak accordingly
Good luck. You may also experience periodic slowdowns which will require you to ALT-TAB out and then back in. I guess that GSC still hasn't fixed the memory leak. Which is pretty ridiculous but what can you do?

Old
  (#138)
horse
Maha Guru

Videocard: PowerColour HD4870
Processor: Intel C2D E8500
Mainboard: P5Q SE
Memory: 4GB Corsair DDR2
Soundcard: onboard / Altec Lansing
PSU: Arctic 700W
Default 03-13-2009, 13:49 | posts: 1,232 | Location: England

Man, this game looks awesome in DX10 mode with AA on, destroys performance tho. I've been running it on Windows 7, which may have contributed, but FPS drops down from a constant 60 on DX9 to 25-35. Still, with all that AA to process and better graphics its understandable. (@ 1680 x 1050)

Last edited by horse; 03-13-2009 at 16:51.

Old
  (#139)
Famous627
Master Guru

Videocard: EVGA GTX 760
Processor: 3750k @ 4.2
Mainboard: Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H
Memory: 8GB Corsair Vengeance
Soundcard: Asus Xonar Essence STX
PSU: Corsair AX750
Default 03-13-2009, 15:22 | posts: 259 | Location: Erie PA

This is one of the few games I want to play over and over after finishing it. The environments are stunning and they don't have the copy/paste feeling other open world games have.

I'm getting pretty good performance in dx 10 maxed with around 40-50 fps at 768X1280 but I get occasional half second freezing which seems to happen when environmental sounds like dogs barking or fire crackling are loaded.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Old
  (#140)
Roger_D25
Ancient Guru

Videocard: eVGA GTX680 SLI EK H20
Processor: 3770K @ 4.2Ghz
Memory: Team 2400CAS9 DDR3
Soundcard: X-Fi Titanium HD
PSU: Corsairs AX760i
Default 03-13-2009, 15:43 | posts: 4,347 | Location: New Hampshire

Classic Satch - Interesting point on the memory leak, fortunately for me that problem was remedied after patch 1.5.08. I can now game for multiple hours without sufferingg any memory leak problems! I wonder why some people are still having this problem (besides you there are many other people who also have memory leak problems even though their games are patched to 1.5.08)?

Damien666 - I'm not sure if it would help but why not install the latest patch (1.5.08)? I would suggest trying the newest patch if the installation of 9.1 (AMD driver) doesn't help (at least its worth a try).

In regards to these gameplay slowdowns (and other issues caused by memory leak problems), I've honestly been getting great performance despite being completely maxed out at 1920 x 1200 with the CS Sharper Textures mod installed (along with a handful of other mods). I've had very few framerate slowdowns and when they happen its caused by game loading into memory (and not actual issue with game).

With this all said I've only got about 14hr-16hr of gameplay at the moment so there is still the chance that I'll start to suffer from all these problems you guys are mentioning?

Classic Satch - Do these issues your having happen at a particular section of the game or do they happen throughout the game (happening randomally throughout game)?

In anycase I am continually blown away with how good this game looks, as you mentioned Classic Satch this game has some of the best (if not the best) lighting of any game I've ever played before! I will post back if I start to experience any of these issues on a regular basis.

Old
  (#141)
Classic Satch
Banned

Default 03-13-2009, 22:05 | posts: 4,780 | Location: Alaska

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger_D25 View Post
Classic Satch - Interesting point on the memory leak, fortunately for me that problem was remedied after patch 1.5.08. I can now game for multiple hours without sufferingg any memory leak problems! I wonder why some people are still having this problem (besides you there are many other people who also have memory leak problems even though their games are patched to 1.5.08)?

Damien666 - I'm not sure if it would help but why not install the latest patch (1.5.08)? I would suggest trying the newest patch if the installation of 9.1 (AMD driver) doesn't help (at least its worth a try).

In regards to these gameplay slowdowns (and other issues caused by memory leak problems), I've honestly been getting great performance despite being completely maxed out at 1920 x 1200 with the CS Sharper Textures mod installed (along with a handful of other mods). I've had very few framerate slowdowns and when they happen its caused by game loading into memory (and not actual issue with game).

With this all said I've only got about 14hr-16hr of gameplay at the moment so there is still the chance that I'll start to suffer from all these problems you guys are mentioning?

Classic Satch - Do these issues your having happen at a particular section of the game or do they happen throughout the game (happening randomally throughout game)?

In anycase I am continually blown away with how good this game looks, as you mentioned Classic Satch this game has some of the best (if not the best) lighting of any game I've ever played before! I will post back if I start to experience any of these issues on a regular basis.
There is no rhyme nor reason to my intermittent slowdowns and I have the latest patch applied. Quite honestly, it's not a big deal and easy to remedy. It is far less annoying than the dozens of freeze-ups I had with Fallout 3.

But man, I love playing this game in the middle of the night after the wife has retired. It gives a new meaning to the word "atmospheric" when used in reference to gaming.

Old
  (#142)
TitusTroy
Member Guru

Videocard: MSI GTX 580 Lightning
Processor: Intel i7 980X (Gulftown)
Mainboard: ASUS P6X58D Premium
Memory: G.Skill 6GB (3 x 2GB)DDR3
Soundcard: AuzenTech X-Fi Prelude
PSU: Corsair HX850W
Default 03-14-2009, 09:08 | posts: 83 | Location: New York City

woot!...I traveled back to The Swamps/Cordon to collect some rewards and to my surprise one of the rewards turned out to be 3 of the best equipment in the game...I received 1) SEVA suit (best anomaly/radiation protection suit) 2) Veles detector (best artifact detector) 3) Bubble artifact (best artifact with -6 radiation protection)

Old
  (#143)
RemCo
Master Guru

Videocard: 8800GTS 512MB
Processor: Intel C2D E8400 @ 4.2Ghz
Mainboard: Asus P5K Deluxe
Memory: Kingston 2Ghz
Soundcard: onboard
PSU: FSP 700W
Default 03-19-2009, 16:17 | posts: 349 | Location: Holland

Hi guys,I got some new stuff to play with.I compiled a mod with lots of russian stuff which give the game a new feeling.

Here is the link,
CS Enhanced

Features:
*new menu + music*

*New armor*
-Clear Sky now can sell you a new jacket and the Clear Sky exoskeleton is available in the game
-Sidorovich has several additional suits
-Loner Cordon has a couple of new armors
-Bandits has new outfits and the Bandit exoskeleton
-Freedom has a extra suit
-Loner Agroprom has new suits to sell now
-Duty has its own Seva suit and an Duty exoskeleton
-Sacharov has all high tech suits that doesnt belong to the factions or are from non-playable factions
Author:taken from MWM MOD v. 0.1.Translated and adjusted by me

*sleeping bag*
you can now sleep when you get tired.Sleep is random,you get dizzy if you need to sleep.
Author:AMK

*gps tracker*
This can be used to locate your stash in the Zone
Drop one of these in your stash and you can always find it on your PDA
Author:AMK,translated by me (note:there is still a russian text popping up when you activate the GPS-tracker)

*monster hunter*
you can find mutant parts and sell them
Author:Ceano and tweaked by me

*flash drive fix*
The missing flash drive in Cordon is now in the game.
Talk to Drifter,the guy you save from the dogs from the mission you get from Wolf in Village center
Talk to the loner trader and the last one can be found on the millitary general after you attacked the vehicle yard
Author:Gubr

*Artefact activation*
You can activate some artefacts and create your own anomoly.
Put the artefact in the pistol slot for activation.
Author: meNt13

*changed tree textures for autumn season*
Author : Michu

*carry guns on bases is allowed*
Author: Helios

*better stashes*
you can find better stuff in stashes.
Author: myself

*Reworked ********
The factions now sell only their own suits and weapons.
Duty sell Duty armor and weapons and Freedom sells Freedom armor and weapons
The Loners are selling whatever they find in the Zone but they are not allowed to sell Duty/Freedom special equipment.
The secret *******(Agroprom and Red Forrest) are reworked and have a couple of artefacts to sell.
All ******* can sell you their stuff without the need to gain in their ranks,for better prices you need to allie yourself with a faction.
The Vintorez is replaced by the Val and the Bulldog is for sale by Hermit

*changed some background sounds in the night*
Different sound with added monster sounds

*Small modification in the reward system*

*Hunger:you must eat,if you loose health that means that you must eat.Also eat before you sleep.

*NPC's have different weapons*
GP36 added to Freedom,Vintorez replaced by the Val,lower rank squads are slightly better armed.
Scars gun is now a very rare weapon in the Zone.
Author: myself (not entirely because I did a lot of copy and paste from HCGM mod)

*Mod 'Mercenaries' 0.62_p4:
Adds the possibility to recruit troops.
You can hire a squad to go along with you,

- To recruit a squad talk to the commander and maybe he is willing to go along for a fee.
- Prices vary depending on rank and the faction.
- The squad can be ordered to wait so you can scout first.
- Number of employed squads is limited, depending on the rank of Scar.
- You can give weapons to every NPC.
Author: Rulix (also known as Bak),translated by me

*Backpack mod
Adds the possibility to lay down a backpack and create your own stash anywhere you want.
Author: AMK ,translated by me

*Added various new inventory items including new medkit,bandage,antirad,joints,beer,water and food.
You can also find them in stashes.

This mod is build and tested in 1.5.07

Special thanks to 'burger' from GSC forums for helping me and lots of others with some issues and all the authors from the mods I used.

I also translated a big Russian mod called OGSM(Old Good Stalker Mod)
You can download that mod here,
OGSM

patch OGSM

Translation OGSM

Features OGSM:
- The player now starts the game with a new object in the inventory 'Experimental PDA'. It will mark the personal notes as well as a variety of useful information on monsters, locations, groups and legends of the zone.
- The first steps in changing the war factions (currently only in the swamps).In order to establish control over the marshes it is necessary to capture a number of key points. There will also be evident how the ERs and renegade militias in terms of resources. After the end of the plot on swamps simulation war groups independently continue, you can take in moderate involvement or you can go to the Cordon.
- The majority of the NPC's have a new line of dialogue 'DO you know any stories?'. Now, if you're lucky, NSP can tell an interesting story on the Zone, its history and inhabitants, and this information is further displayed in the new PDA.
- Corrected one-deteriorating relations with the bandits in cordon-and Agroprome in the performance of the secondary quests.
- Significantly reworked the final episode of the game: force the shooter off Elektra in his head, EM1 gun and rifle FN-2000 now have to search in the territory of the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant, off invulnerability among warring factions of stalkers, all without exception monolitovtsy will now attack the player.
- Fixed inability to use the sniper bullet 9h39 and armor for 7.62h54 «Thunderstorms», «Wall», «Vintoreza» and PTP, respectively.
- Fixed icons Wincheaster 1300, LR-300, SIG-550 and ??-14 «Groza-12», is not appropriate appearance weapons.
- Integrated "Artefact Respawn Fix" of Pavlov. Now the artifacts in the anomalous zones will be re «born» shortly after the removal of the previous ones.
- Adjusted basic characteristics of all weapons in the game. Now, each weapon actually has its advantages and disadvantages.
- Global redesigned the entire system upgrades.
- Adjusted characteristics of damage in different types of ammunition.
- Fixed aiming at the SPAS-12 and AC «Shaft».
- Fixed many bugs related to the operation, icons and descriptions of weapons and upgrades.
- Adjusted assortment of all merchants and their extensions as the respective groups. Also returned to the sale of all weapons and munitions that the game has never and nowhere appear «on the shelves».
- Restored full dialogue with Sidorovich after the return of loot.
- Restored dialogue with Forester,added questions about the repair.
- Corrected improvement in relations with «duty» and «Freedom», from the implementation of primary and secondary jobs.
- New awards for the assistance with the destruction of war on Cordon.
- Slightly adjusted some of the characteristics of the lowest artefacts.
- Increased the range and brightness of the flashlight.
- At the beginning of the freeplay the extra equipment is removed.
- Fixed the missing explosion and the actual killing of the first machine gunner in the hospital.
- Fixed possible loss of factions key characters on bases.
- Fixed the sudden death of Wolf's brother and Drifter.
- Replaced the image of some locations on the loading screen, atmospheric pictures from unused materials.
- Weapons on bases are allowed
- Strengthened resistance to tearing some stalkers.
- Fixed the lack of description on the global map 'stronghold' renegades near the bridge.
- Added freeplay and the missing level changers between the levels
- At all locations, new monsters added: chimera, cats, byurery, fractures, zombies, rats, and all others. All monsters respawn.
- In the Agroprom underground the rodents are replaced with rats
- In Limansk bandits key point are now hold by renegades to prevent the deterioration of relations with the bandits.
- New suits and armor can be upgraded with prescribed upgrades.
- NPC can now die from bleeding.
- NPC CAN now help to heal seriously wounded comrades, as well can heal themselves.
- With NPC you can now trade more.
- Restored and adjusted quest Inquisitor(Zookeeper) 'Find a map of migration' (only available before flooding the underground).
- Added dynamite in the game for any kind of demolitions from a distance
- Added Hospital level on the main map On a global map of the Zone map derived Hospital.
- Added the names of the locations and of the key points on the map when you hoover your cursor over them.
- Reinforced under-barrel grenade.
- Reduced accuracy and knockdown ability gunner at the checkpoint at Cordone.
- Fixed the inability to drag and drop objects in the Seva suit.
- Added all the missing suits and armor from all the factions.
- You can find suits on corpses.The trader prices are adjusted accordingly to that.
- Added monster parts.
- Added hunger.
- Added radio, harmonica and guitar which can be used to make music.
- Vodka gives a short-term protection against mental influence and restoring mental health.
- You can drag small objects and the corpses of monsters.
- indicators of hunger and sleep.
- indicator on the screen for mental health status.
- Added clock on the game screen (for normal and widescreen monitors).
- New indicators for radiation exposure and broken weapons(for normal and widescreen monitors).
- Added effect of the critical injuries.
- Added view of a third person.
- Added onscreen information for stash info
- Removed flashing disc icon.
- sleeping bag,you can sleep and dream.
- Added transparent tools.
- New bloody marks. Blood is now greater.

And lots of other changes.This mod is adjusted for version 1.5.08.
Author: DEXXX

Imageshack dont work so there are no pics and the use of these mods is at your own risk.

Old
  (#144)
pedropaulo
Maha Guru

Videocard: HD5850
Processor: AMD X3/4 720BE
Mainboard: MA770-UD3
Memory: 4x1024 DDR2 800 Gskill PK
Soundcard: X-FI Fatality
PSU: OCZ 600W
Default 03-19-2009, 16:34 | posts: 2,043 | Location: Portugal!

Great job
Going to try put them in my list to try later.

Old
  (#145)
Famous627
Master Guru

Default 03-20-2009, 14:03 | posts: 259 | Location: Erie PA

Excellent job RemCo. I was looking for a mod like this for a while now. I just got out of the swamps and so far its great. The mercenaries mod was a huge help since the AI got stuck looking for someone on their way to the last farm area. I just hired a guy and cleared out the farm and was able to progress.

Its definitely worth another play through but I didn't install the OGSM mod since I didn't see it was a separate download. Is it worth restarting for?

Old
  (#146)
thales100
Master Guru

Videocard: 3-way SLI GTX 480
Processor: i7 980X
Mainboard: EVGA Classified
Memory: 12 GB DDR3 1600Mhz
Soundcard: Psyko 5.1 Surround
PSU: OCZ Turbo-Cool 1200W
Default 03-20-2009, 14:22 | posts: 745 | Location: Brazil

Wow great, it seems ill have to play CS again.

Old
  (#147)
Mr.Bigtime
Ancient Guru

Videocard: ZOTAC GTX 680 @ 27" SA950
Processor: I7 4770K @ 3.5 GHZ
Mainboard: ASUS Z87 PRO
Memory: 16GB DDR3 1600 MHZ
Soundcard: ONBOARD & LOGITECH Z906
PSU: Coolermaster something
Default 03-20-2009, 14:38 | posts: 18,610 | Location: Turkey

Awesome. thank you very much for share. but unfortunately i cant download from filefactory . anyone pls can u upload to rapidshare.com? thanx.

Old
  (#148)
AlxFitz
Maha Guru

Videocard: Gigabyte 970GTX
Processor: i5-3570K
Memory: 16 GB @2300
Soundcard: Xonar DSX
PSU: 650W Corsair
Default 03-20-2009, 15:18 | posts: 1,006 | Location: Herts, UK

I'm having no luck either downloading it, has anyone got an alternate link?

Old
  (#149)
Famous627
Master Guru

Default 03-20-2009, 16:09 | posts: 259 | Location: Erie PA

Give this a shot: