Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Videocards > Videocards - NVIDIA
Videocards - NVIDIA This forum is all about NVIDIA graphics cards and their technology. Do you have a question regarding an older GeForce videocard? Want to tell people how stylish a game works on that new shiny watercooled GeForce GTX 580 or SLI gaming rig? Get in here!

How do I check if my SLi cards are working?
Old
  (#1)
Apoc_
Master Guru

Videocard: Palit 250 GTS 512MB
Processor: AMD Phenom II 550 @ 3.8
Mainboard: ASUS M3N78-EM
Memory: 4GB DDR2 800MHZ Corsair
Soundcard: Realtek Onboard
PSU: Thermaltake 700W 52 amps
Default How do I check if my SLi cards are working? - 10-12-2007, 09:44 | posts: 495 | Location: Australia

Hi I've recently put two identical BFG 6600GT's into my computer connected them properly with the appropriate adapter with J1 going to the top card and J2 to the second card.

I have my monitor cable connected to the first video card. If i go:

My computer > Properties > Hardware > Device Manager > Display adapters it shows two "NVIDIA Geforce 6600GT's" directly next to each other. That tells me that it's picked both my cards up but for some reason I'm only bench marking at the same score as I do with one 6600GT in my computer.

I've re-installed drivers etc, tried two different drivers and nothings changed. I've been told that you need to tell your computer to run in SLi mode but when I go to the NVIDIA control panel I can't find the options to do so.

Can someone please tell me how to make sure my SLi cards are enabled and working preferably with picture references (if possible) to make it easier for me to understand, thanks.

Old
  (#2)
cartdog
Maha Guru

Videocard: SLi GTX680 FTW 4GB EKWB
Processor: i7 3930K EKWB 4.3GHZ
Mainboard: Gigabyte UP4
Memory: Corsair Plat 2133mhz 32GB
Soundcard: X-Fi
PSU: SilverStone Strider 1kw
Default 10-12-2007, 11:16 | posts: 1,548 | Location: Australia mate!

Okz, well if your computer is picking 2 cards up, then your cards are working fine. In the Nvidia control panel you can pick advanced or simple mode. Advanced displays all the options, whilst simple or what ever its called on displays the bare minimum....you need to check you have advanced ticked.

Also you may have tryed different drivers, but make sure your drivers support your cards. Have a good look around your Nvidia options and try to find the "Enable SLi" tab. And make sure the SLi bridge is firmly conected etc.

Hope this helps commoraden.

Oh and your 3Dmark score has alot to do with what settings your running your card on...ie: if you have AA and AF and all the eye candy one...you will get a much lower score. Im not sure, maybe the new drivers austomatically enable SLi...you need to source out older drivers....i find they are often some times better