RivaTuner v2.05

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Unwinder, Sep 28, 2007.

1. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Dear forum visitors,

RivaTuner 2.05 has been sent to Guru3D and NVWorld newsmakers and it will be available for download within a few hours. Changes list includes:

Minor bugfixes:

- Fixed I2C write routine for ATI R600 graphics processors family, which has been erroneously commented the previous version's source code.
    - Minor UI and localization fixes.

What's new:

- Updated databases for Detonator and ForceWare drivers. Added databases for ForceWare 163.69 and 163.71.
    - Improved driver-level overclocking module for NVIDIA display adapters:
    - Added new user interface for independent G8x GPU family shader clock control interfaces of the ForceWare 163.67 and newer drivers. New UI includes:
    - New independent slider for adjusting shader domain clock.
    - New "Link clocks" option allows you to use either traditional shader/ROP clock ratio based overclocking or completely asynchronous shader/ROP clock overclocking. Now you may either tick "Link clocks" options and adjust ROP clock only, allowing RivaTuner to overclock shader domain using VGA BIOS default shader/ROP clock ratio similar to pre-163.67 drivers, or untick "Link clocks" options and adjust domain clocks fully independently.
    - New overclocking profile format supporting independent shader clocks. Please take a note that old overclocking profiles are not supported by RivaTuner, so you must recreate previously existing overclocking profiles.
    - Previously available power user oriented ShaderClockRatio registry entry is now obsolete and it no longer exists in RivaTuner's database. Previously available ratio based shader domain overclocking functionality is now fully covered by new independent shader clock slider and new "Link clocks" option.
    - New user interface is provided by default under ForceWare 163.67 and newer drivers under Windows Vista, however Windows XP owners can also force Vista specific overclocking interfaces usage by setting NVAPIUsageBehaviour to 1. If needed, shader clock control can be forcibly disabled and old traditional overclocking module UI appearance can be forced by setting NVAPIShaderClockControl to 0.
    - Power user oriented adjustable minimum and maximum clock slider limits have been expanded from 25%-300% to 10%-800%.
    - Added experimental SLI overclocking for Vista. Please take a note that I have no SLI rig for testing and development, so this feature has been added blindly and RivaTuner still doesn't provide official SLI support.
    - Minor UI changes and improvements.

Stay tuned!

2. Grendel_66

Grendel_66 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    Thank you very much !:smile:

3. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060GAMING X
  4. Crisao23

Crisao23 Member

GPU:
    MSI R5870 Lightning 1GB
    Thanks a lot Unwinder !

Nice version !

5. TylerTron21

TylerTron21 Guest

very very nice man, keep up the greatnest of rivatuner.

i love seeing improvemtns from yall and nvidia with every new release :)

thanks again!

6. Cliff Couser

Cliff Couser Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD7750
    Thanks again!

Appreciate the effort!

7. WaroDaBeast

WaroDaBeast Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7950
    Aah, shader clock is supported now. Kewlies. :thumbup:

8. HamidFULL

HamidFULL Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4850 700/2200
    thank you very much

9. PaulvH

PaulvH Member Guru

GPU:
    2x XFX HD5870 H²O-EK CF
    Thank you !
    Gonna try it out this evening

Lol, you're now even mentioned in the news on 'the inquirer' :)

10. Deliverator

Deliverator Guest

It has been since 2.04

11. Deliverator

Deliverator Guest

Unwinder, don't know if it's up to you, but you could do something about the old RivaTuner screenshots that decorate its download page on guru3d.com - UI changed a bit since ;)

12. cornpop

cornpop New Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800 GTX
    She's a beauty! Keep up the good work.

13. Jod

Jod Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 780Ti Gaming
    Thanks!!

Might wanna add rivatuner\system as the place to find this setting for us lowly xp users. :D

14. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

That's not up to me. And talking about my own preferences, I won't add any screenshots at all. UI is _drastically_ different depending on OS, hardware and driver version. The one you see on your system is absolutely not the only one.

15. Devolution

Devolution Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5850 Radeon HIS 1024MB
    Sweetness. Keep up the good work, Unwinder.

16. justifireb2b

justifireb2b Member Guru

GPU:
    3x Asus GTX280 TRI-SLI
    Unwinder,
    see you added SLI support for vista.
    Wasn't SLI Vista supported in the past rivatuners?
    And is it meant to work with Vista 64 bit?
    Thanx for this great program again :thumbs:

17. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    Thanks, Unwinder, you're the best :)

18. bliss007

bliss007 Banned

GPU:
    Asus GTX 580
    I run my card at 330mhz Core 2D all the time (as low as Rivatuner lets me without messing about too much), as I do not need its stock 655mhz to surf web etc plus the added heat in a quiet PC as fans are all 50% most times.

Anyhow, I have always set that way and even in the last build with the shader settings through Power User Menu, but this build gives me random Nvidia driver has crashed and recovered MSG's in Vista64, it does this a few times then BSOD, with a MSG about some USB Driver.

It only happens if I use the lower 2D speed and can do it at total idle or playing some mp3 or surfing the WEB.

I think I will go grab 2.04 as there is really no need for the extra slider for me, I simply set previous build to -1 and that keeps my Core/Shader at Nvidias default ratio and then set Clocks to 700/2400 to game.

Now it was fine before I installed this build as I had forgot to slow down my 2D speed till later and thats when issues started

Intel E6850 @ 3.9GHZ / Asus Striker E / 4GB Mushkin
    XP2-6400 / X-FI Fatal1ty Pro Champion /
    2x Raptor X's / EVGA 8800 Ultra Superclock @
    700/2400 / TT Tsunami Dream BLK (Windowed)

19. bliss007

bliss007 Banned

GPU:
    Asus GTX 580
    Ignore above for now, I got a lot of trial and error testing to do, 1st port of call is to completely remove/refit GPU then remove/reinstall Nvidia latest Beta for Vista64 and then Rivatuner 2.04, then do tests, then same all over again with 2.05.

20. Captn

Captn Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTS(G92)512 x2 S
    Unwinder, Thank you, Thank you very much. :cheers: