Guru3D Folding@Home Information/Help Thread {Start Here New Users}

Discussion in 'Folding@Home - Join Team Guru3D !' started by aircool, Aug 12, 2007.

1. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    Guru3D Folding@Home Information/Help Thread

[​IMG]

Team Stats At-A-Glance:
    [​IMG]

This thread is to help new members and uninformed users about Folding@Home (a.k.a. FAH, F@H, F@h) and how to support our team, The Guru3D. Feel free to join us :)

FAQs

Sounds good, but wouldn't it bog down my computer by using my systems resources?
    The short answer is No. This is because F@H will use only free/unused clock cycles, and will give up the clock cycles when an application needs them. This article shows performance impact on a system. Under default settings, the F@H Client(s) is configured for idle priority hence running day-to-day applications will a have higher preference over F@H Client(s). The only difference you will notice is that the power consumption (and heat output) of your PC has increased which will be reflected on your electricity bill.

Great! How can I get started?
    Well all you need is a computer and an active Internet connection. Download the appropriate Client(s) for your machine, configure it with the correct settings and run it.

Can I use this on any platform?
    Pretty much Yes. Currently Standford supports Windows, Linux, OSX, PS3. GPUs (ATI/Nvidia) are exclusive to Windows.

What Clients are there and what are the differences?
    Almost all Clients come in two versions:

1. GUI (Graphical User Interface) - It displays a windows where you can edit all the parameters for the F@H Client.
    2. CLI (Command Line Interface) - It is a no-nonsense client that is configured using the Command window.
    Available Client types are:

1. Classic Client - It is a set-and-forget type where it will be using only one core/thread of your CPU. It works on all platforms.
    2. GPU2 Client - It is a high performance Client which uses the GPU to process the WU instead of the CPU. Officially, it is supported on Windows only.
    3. GPU3 BETA Client - It is a high performance Client which uses the GPU to process the WU instead of the CPU. Officially, it is supported on Windows only. (Unofficially, it can run on Linux: <Click>)
    4. SMP2 BETA Client - It is a high performance Client that is available in CLI Version only. It runs on all platforms and can use 100% of the CPU or less, depending on how you configure it. It works on all platforms.
    Note:

• BETA Clients are not finalized so you can expect a few rough edges. If found, please report them in the Official Folding Forum.

Which is the fastest Client(s)?
    All Clients use the same FahCore_XX.exe (it will vary according to the OS and WU type) to process the WU so there is hardly any difference. The CLI version is a no-nonsense one and under some conditions, can be easier to setup when compared to GUI version.

Note:

• When a new FahCore Version is released, it may decrease/increase the time taken to process the WU.

Which Client(s) should I use?

You should first choose the Client Version:

1. GUI Client - It has its own installer and will place the necessary shortcuts. But its simplicity can be taken at a cost as the GUI Client may interfere with some games and may affect Client performance and stability which is why the console Client is usually recommended in those cases. Do note that when using GPU intensive applications, you should either exit or pause the Client.
    2. CLI Client - Shows progress in a simple Command window, also it can be setup as a service regardless of who's logged in. The downside is that it's slightly more complex to install and you'll have to make all your own shortcuts. This doesn't have a pause feature like the GUI Client.
    After you have decided what Version of F@H Client you want, you should then choose what Client type you want. These are my suggestions for choosing a F@H Client:

Use Classic Client if:
    1) System isn't running 24/7
    2) You want a set-and-forget client that doesn't need any monitoring
    3) Not savvy for points and would like to do your best with the least amount of effort
    4) Points aren't your priority
    5) You want F@H to remain unobtrusive
    Note - If you have a powerful system but run it for <15 hours, you can install multiple Classic Clients (one per CPU)

Use GPU2 Client if: (Officially on Windows Only)
    1) You have a discrete GPU (preferred Nvidia Non-Fermi only (Fermi isn't supported) due to current situation with GPU2 Client)
    2) System is on for 15+ hours
    3) Would like to get some more points with some effort

Use GPU3 BETA Client if: (Officially on Windows Only; Unofficially, it can run on Linux: Details)
    1) You have a discrete GPU (preferred Nvidia Fermi as they give high Points when compared to Non-Fermi)
    2) System is on for 10+ hours
    3) Would like to get some more points with some effort

Use SMP2 BETA Client if: (normal; Details)
    1) You have a powerful system
    2) Know their way around with F@H cores
    3) System is on 24/7
    4) Would like to contribute significantly to F@H in terms of scientific value and get the advantage of high points

Use SMP2 BETA Client if: (bigadv; Details)
    1) You have an extremely powerful system
    2) Know their way around with F@H cores
    3) System is folding 24/7
    4) Would like to contribute the most to F@H in terms of scientific value plus get the advantage of massive points

How do I install my Client(s)?
    Quick Classic Client Installation Guide: <Click>
    Detailed Classic Client Installation Guide: <Click>
    Detailed GPU2 Client Installation Guide: <Click>
    GPU2 -> GPU3 Transition Guide For Windows + Link To Linux: <Click>
    Detailed SMP2 Client Installation Guide: <Click>
    Additional Detailed Guides: <Click>

Note:
    1. The Guru3D Team number is: 69411
    2. Currently, the Nvidia GPUs outperform the ATI GPUs by a significant margin. This will hopefully change in the future
    3. If the SMP2 Client isn't configured with the -smp flag, it will download the Classic Client WU and FahCore which will only use one core of your CPU regardless of how many you have
    4. If you use the SMP2 Client, you should use the passkey so that you can take advantage of the Bonus Point system
    5. If you have chosen to install the GPU Client on an ATI GPU system, you should be using Environment Variables to maximize the Client efficiency: <Click>

Flags, what are they?

Simply put, flags are used to apply settings when the client is started up (special instructions). Some of the most commonly used flags are:

1. -advmethods: This will increase the WU selection for your Client but it also increases the probability of you getting EUE (Early Unit Ended)
    2. -forceasm: Instruct the core to use SSE/3DNow assembly instructions if possible, even if it has previously made the determination that the machine may not be handling this well.
    3. -verbosity 9: Sets the level of output detail that is written to the FAHLog file. -verbosity 4, for example, will output less than -verbosity 9. This is helpful for troubleshooting the Client.
    4. -smp X: Used for SMP2 Clients only. It can also be -smp which would use 100% of the CPU or you can use -smp X where X=N-1 where N is the total number of CPUs the OS sees, e.g. for Intel Core i7-860, -smp 7 will tell the Client to use 7 threads out of the available 8. Using -smp only will tell the Client to use all available threads.
    5. -send all: The Client will check for any wuresults_XX file and will try to upload them to the Servers. After that it will exit and won't process any WU.
    6. -configonly: The Client will read the config.cfg file and will allow you to change any parameters, save and exit without processing the WU.
    7. -oneunit: The Client will process one WU only and after it uploads the results, will exit.
    Note:

• A detailed list can be found here: <Click>

Should I use flags, if yes, which ones?
    I recommend this flag for all F@H Clients:

• -verbosity 9

If you are using the SMP2 Client, you must use either:

• -smp (for dedicated)
    • -smp X (for non-dedicated where X = N-1 where N is the total number of Core that your OS sees. For Windows, use Task Manager)

When setting up I see an option to set core priority, what should I use?
    I recommend the following:

• Use low priority on a dedicated folding rig. The core will run at all times.
    • Use idle priority on an everyday use rig. The core will only try to run when nothing else is active/use spare cycles.
    Note:

• Idle is the default and is exactly what I would recommend for most users.
    • If you have installed a F@H GPU Client and F@H CPU Client, make the priority of the GPU is set to low and the CPU is set to idle.
    • Never change the core priority with task manager as this will lead to undesired results.

What do I do for multiple folding machines/rigs?
    Set it up the same way for each machine depending on what Client(s) you have chosen and your system specifications.

Note:

• When folding with more than one machine, you do not change the Machine ID, as this is for Rigs that run more than one instance of F@H Clients.

How do I setup a Multi-Core/Threaded Machine?
    If the machine has a two physical CPUs, you may want to use the two instances Classic Client for optimum production (Installation Guide) However, if you have more than two physical CPUs, you can use SMP2 Client (Installation Guide)

Note:

• There isn't any hard and fast rule about dual CPUs. You can experiment with two instances of Classic Client or single instance of SMP2 Client. Just make sure that you have followed the guide and can finish folding the WU before the Preferred Deadline.
    • You must set the Machine ID to unique value for each F@H Client installed on that Rig.
    • If you own a P4 System with HT, READ THIS

What should I know about my F@H directory?

The following are some important files present in your F@H directory:

• Work Folder – Contains files that your F@H Client is currently working on or waiting to upload.
    • client.cfg – Contains the configuration information for your client. You can not edit this with a text editor, doing so would a violation of EULA and you may corrupt the data present in it . If you delete it and are using the CLI Version, it will run through the configuration process the next time you launch it, for the GUI, it will display the Configuration Window
    • FAHlog.txt – This is the log file of your clients activity. The “-verbosity 9” flag adds more details to the log.
    • FAHlog-Prev,txt - This is the previous log file.
    • unitinfo.txt – Tells you the details and progress your F@H Client has made on the current WU.
    • queue.dat – The queue of the last 10 WUs you Client has processed.

Note:

• Different Clients will have different files located in the directory. The above list is a common file list that is same across all the Clients. It may change from OS to OS and in future F@H Clients.

What is a WU I hear you ask?
    WU Means Work Unit (acronym if you will), this is the term used by Standford for a single simulation run. Each donor get a unique WU that they process and send back. Under certain circumstances, duplicate WUs are handed out. If there is a shortage of WUs, your Client will be sitting idle instead of folding duplicate WUs.

Note
    :

• A duplicate WU is given when a WU has crossed its Preferred Deadline and the Donor hasn't returned it.
    • A duplicate WU is also sent out if the original WU gives an error message.

Are all WU's the same?
    No, Each WU is unique and is identified by its PRCG, which stands for:
    P = Project X
    R = Run X
    C = Clone X
    G = Gen X
    So a normal Wu would be identified as:
    Project: 6013 (Run 0, Clone 50, Gen 140)
    More info: <Click>

How long does processing a WU take?
    There isn't any specific answer as there are a lot of variables involved. Wus from different Projects take different time to finish even if the same machine is used to process the WUs. It can take anywhere from 1 hour to 3 days depending on what Client you are running, what flags you are using and the hardware used. However, you should understand the effect of Deadlines on the WU that is assigned to you:

Classic Client WUs:
    Before Preferred Deadline - You will get assigned Credit.
    Exceed Preferred Deadline - WU will be reissued, You will get assigned Credit.
    Exceed Final Deadline - WU is useless. You won't get any Credit.

GPU2 Client WUs:

GPU3 BETA Client WUs:

SMP2 BETA Client WUs:
    Before Preferred Deadline - You will get Bonus Credit (The Bonus varies from system to system and increases for faster completion and return).
    Exceed Preferred Deadline - WU will be reissued, You will get Base Credit (It is much less when compared to Bonus Credits).

How does the scoring system work?
    Note:

• Some people will only fold WUs that give them the highest PPD (Points Per Day). and will be dumping the other WUs, This is considered cherry-picking and we strongly recommend against such unfair practice. You may face consequences from Stanford if found guilty of such practice. Doing this will only delay the Project as your dumped WU will not be reassigned until its Preferred Deadline expires.

My current WU is corrupt, How do I delete It?

If this is the first time a WU gave you an error, then you may consider it as corrupt. If errors appear frequently, then it indicates a hardware problem. The commonly used method for "delete and move on" is:

1. Stop the Client using Crtl+C.
    2. Locate the folder where the F@H Client is installed.
    3. Select the Work Folder, Queue.dat File and delete them both. (you can also select the FahCore)
    4. Start the Client and hopefully, you will be assigned a new WU.
    Note:

My log file says I can’t send/receive WUs, What do I do?
    Make sure that there isn't any firewall setting that is blocking the F@H Client from connecting to the Servers. If you are sure that the problem isn't on your end, it would then indicate a possible problem on the Standford Server side. You can check the Server Status: <Click>

Note:

• If you want, you can report your situation in the Official Folding Forum where you can get a more appropriate and accurate response.

How well will my computer(s) perform at F@H?
    It is important to know that regardless of what F@H Client you are using (Classic, GPU2, GPu3, SMP2, PS3), all of them are producing Scientifically important data. Just because you are using the Classic Client, doesn't mean that your contribution isn't significant. The fact of the matter is that some WU calculations can only be done on Classic Client and not on SMP2 Client or the GPU3 Client.

Note:

• You can check our new Guru3D Points Per Day Index and if you can, please contribute:

1. Guru3D Points Per Day Index
    2. FahInfo.org

How much bandwidth does F@H need?

It depends on what Client(s) you are using and how they are configured. F@H Clients give you the option to configure for:

• Small WUs: <5 MB
    • Normal WUs: 5 MB - 10 MB
    • Big WUs: >10MB
    Note:

• SMP2 BETA Client is hard-coded for Big WUs.
    • If you have a powerful GPU, it will fold the WUs very quickly hence will be utilizing more bandwidth.

How can I check my score?
    You can check your/team score at the following sites:.

Note:

• After you finish a WU and upload it successfully to the Servers, the Official Stats will take 1 hour to update while the other third party Stats will take up to 3 hours to update your rank and statistics. In case the WU hasn't been credited, you may want to report it in the Official Folding Forum

How do I monitor multiple rigs?
    You will require a Third Party Application. Some of the commonly used ones are:

• HFM.NET: Highly recommended as it includes all the latest features.
    • FahMon: Useful if you are not running the SMP2 Client as it doesn't support the Bonus Point Calculation.
    • Folding Observer: Good for Mac use.
    Note:

• A more diverse list of application along with their description: <Click>

Useful Links

• StressCPU: This is specifically designed by F@H developers to stress the CPU. It is used for checking system stability especially of you are getting many EUEs.
    • MemtestG80: This is specifically designed by F@H developers to stress the GPU Memory. It is useful for checking the system stability especially of you are getting many EUEs.
    • Orthos: Useful for testing stability when Folding. You can use this to work out EUE problems.
    • TrayIt: This can be used to hide the Console client's window.
    • HideIt: Another utility to hide windows.
    • Folding@Home Wiki: More information on F@H Clients.
    • Folding@home Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Index: The Official listing of FAQs for F@H.
    • Folding Forum: The Official Forum where you can go for more help if required.
    • Vijay Pande on Twitter: The Official link to Prof. Vijay Pande, PhD who is the Director of Folding@home Distributed Computing Project.
    • Folding@home Blog: The Official Blog of Prof. Vijay Pande, PhD who is the Director of Folding@home Distributed Computing Project.
    • FAH-Addict: A website that is dedicated to provide the Official information about F@H.

The Guide was originally written by Aircool, PantherX has updated the guide to reflect the current status of F@H. If there are any mistakes, please PM Aircool or PantherX so that corrections can be made. If you feel that any section is missing or lacks important details, please point it out so that it can be modified.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2010
  2. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    I'm trying to set up the GPU client and I ran into problems... when I install the dot MSI versions it just says cudart.dll is missing and crashes, the folder doesn't contain it. The zipped version contains it and works fine but doesn't appear to have any sort of GUI and typing into command prompt is annoying.

Simply copying the cudart.dll into the folder of the GUI version worked. I just figured I'd post this for anyone else who ran into the same problem, the error is literally what it says, just a dll missing.

I was going to run the CPU client as well at the same time but it seems the GPU client takes a chunk of the CPU resources anyway.

Edit: It seems it uses a lot of CPU resources for the display, with that disabled there should be no issues running a CPU client at the same time as the GPU client it seems. CPU + GPU + PS3, that oughtta do something.

Edit again: I might as well state what's written elsewhere, the command line versions apparently work faster. I'm running those now.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2009
  3. J_J_B

J_J_B Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA: 2xSLI 580HC, 480HC
    Folding with all 4 GPUs in a GTX295 quad-fire setup on Vista X64

EDIT... possible solution:

Found the following info which indicates my suspicions below may be correct. The use of a single HDMI output and two DVI outputs (one per card) should enable 4-GPU folding for two GTX 295 cards in Vista x64.

http://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=7874&start=180

I have a single HDMI to DVI cable adapter at home so I'm going to test this evening to see if two DVI outputs plus one HDMI connection will bump me up to 4 GPUs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT... RESULTS:

That did the trick. I have a single analog monitor using a DVI-to-DSub adapter on the DVI output furthest from the MB of what I'll call card 2 (PCIe x16 slot #2... furthest from the CPU). Card 1 has a DVI monitor on the DVI output furthest from the MB and an HDMI cable attached to the HDMI output. All 4 GPUs are now folding. (see "EDIT... TIP..." below)

I use a BenQ G2400WD monitor at both my home and work offices and carry my PC with me between each office (it's a SFF with a big aluminum handle on the top). It turns out this monitor is perfect for folding on all four GTX295 GPUs because it has DVI, HDMI, and VGA inputs, thereby fulfilling the need to have two DVI outputs (one with the DVI-to-DSub adapter) and one HDMI output connected.

In a 68 degree F room the GPU temperatures are running up to 74 degrees C in my case (pun intended). In a 63 degree F room the temps rarely exceed 70 degrees C. This is with the card fans running at a 100% duty cycle via RivaTuner. The system was pulling nearly 600 watts with 3 GPUs plus the CPU folding. With the addition of the 4th GPU the system is now pulling up to 640 watts. The system pulls about 360 watts at rest. Watt meter is a cheap dongle-type thing from Lowes with +- 10% accuracy above 1 amp, intended for measuring loads when conidering generator sizing.

A snapshot in time:

GPU 0: 6770.94
    GPU 1: 6912.00
    GPU 2: 6840.74
    GPU 3: 6912.00
    CPU: 714

Total Estimated Folding Rate: 28149.68 PPD

Not bad for a small-form factor machine. CPU usage is at 22%. Plenty left to do some work and run a virtual machine or two.

EDIT... TIP...

Re-enabled SLI today to play a little Crysis. When the fun was over I once again disabled SLI and extended the desktop to both the analog and HDMI monitor but I couldn't get the 4th GPU to fold as it had been... "Unstable Machine" messages in the FaH logs.

I went back to the drawing board, wondering what could be different. Then I starting questioning why I only ever needed three monitor connections to fold on 4 GPUs before. It was then that I realized that I must have had the PhysX GPU Acceleration setting enabled. I re-enabled that option and all 4 GPUs began folding again.

Enabling PhysX GPU Acceleration seems to activate the "4th" GPU (who knows which one it actually is). That is, the one I don't have a monitor connection on.

Original Post:

I've been trying to get all 4 GPUs on my two GTX 295 cards to fold. I was able to get three to fold easily but what I'm reading on the net is that only 3 GPUs of a quad GPU configuration will fold under the Vista or Windows 7 operating systems. Some folks feel it is a problem with the operating systems while others feel it's an issue with the nVidia drivers for these OSs. It was noted by some that downgrading to Windows XP (not an option for me) permitted folding on all 4 GPUs.

I thought I'd ask here just to ensure I'm allowing the correct information to filter through these eyes.

Note that I also see a 5th and 6th display output in Windows' Display Properties, which must represent the HDMI output port of each card. I currently have a monitor attached to each of the four DVI outputs, although I only needed to have one monitor connected to the second card (in addition to the primary monitor on the first card) to fold on 3 GPUs. Do you think I may need to attach monitors to the HDMI outputs as well?

Last edited: May 8, 2009
  4. Amilo-D

Amilo-D Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 280GTX 702mhz
    No longer valid.
    New reference machine is now changed.

5. aircool

GPU:
    I noticed but thats purely for the GPU client, so it is valid.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
  6. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    I'm not completely sure why this is happening but my CPU client for the past 2 days has been unable to send it's completed work:
    [​IMG]

It takes a long time to complete one workload on a CPU, even on a 4GHz C2D, so I'm not too keen on starting up the CPU client again if this could happen again.

7. aircool

GPU:
    Long time, using an SMP client it shouldn't take long at all (unless you are?).

I'd imagine there is no work units left to complete on the server or they've stopped the classics.

8. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Hmm I could have sworn it was saying it failed to send it's completed work before which is why I posted a screenshot but didn't read what it said this time, lol. As for now it is as you say, it seems like there is no more work to be done for now through that client.

Edit: Can anyone confirm if there is no more work or if there is a problem on my end?

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  9. J_J_B

J_J_B Member Guru

GPU:
    My CPU client (not SMP) has been downloading and working on new WUs nearly continuously this last week. The current WU is 17% complete and the ETA is 12hrs 11mn (Gromacs, 755 points, PPD=1228.47, Downloaded 2hr 34mn ago).

10. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    I'm not sure what to do here, I was previously using the normal client and I go that error. It might be the specific server it's trying to connect to. I set up the SMP client (which was annoying) and I get the same error. My GPU and PS3 clients have no issues though.

Edit: As I guessed something whack was going on with my firewall settings and now everything works.

Even with the SMP client running it only uses up 50-60% of my CPU's resources and that's with everything else I have running as well. Maybe I did something wrong...

Edit again: Sigh, I should have read the fine print, it requires -smp to be added to a shortcut to run in SMP mode, ugh.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2009

11. J_J_B

J_J_B Member Guru

GPU:
    Neo: It might not be you... I checked my CPU client about an hour ago and noticed that FahMon had flagged it red. It has been unable to acquire an additional work unit for several hours.

Question for all: (answered - see below edit)
    Should I risk running the SMP client rather than the standard, graphical CPU client? I ask because I read somewhere that hyperthreading should be turned off when using quad-core processors and that is something I don't wish to do. I'm also running 4 GPU clients on this same box and I wouldn't want the SMP client to slow down those clients to any appreciable extent...

EDIT:

Well, I jumped and installed the SMP Client - didn't bother to disable hyperthreading or anything but everything seems to be working fine anyhow. Installation went smoothly just like the other clients.

Can't say I'm impressed performance wise... but I guess I'm spoiled with the great performance of the GPU client. I have it set to "low" priotity (rather than "idle") with a target CPU utilization of 90% and 2000 MB allocated. The first downloaded work unit was an "SMP Gromacs" one with 1760 points. It's proceeding at a rate of 1825.50 PPD at the moment and looks as though it's going to take about 24 hours to complete. It doesn't seem to be slowing me down any here so I'll let it run from now on along with the 4 GPU clients and one standard x86 (graphical) client. That's 6 clients folding on this single box.

I also have a virtual machine running (my "work" machine) and it is still speeding right along. Actual CPU utilization at this time is 56%. Memory utilization is at 42%.

Last edited: May 3, 2009
  12. natiss88

natiss88 New Member

GPU:
    hi guys..I'm new..

i've just joined your team with gpu client.

i'm pleased to be in your team.

or better, OUR team :)

bye

13. yoyo69

yoyo69 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX670 Sli
    Welcome to the Fold natiss88

14. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    getting ready to start folding on a GTX275 now...lol NEXT graphics card....lets see how long THIS card lasts...

15. yoyo69

yoyo69 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX670 Sli
    I think you will enjoy the GTX275 :thumbup:

16. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I am so far....it's actually working properly!!!

Had people in another thread tell me to disable Stereoscopic 3D on my GTS250....but it didn't fix the issue I had. This is what it was doing...

[​IMG]

17. IgiPop1981

IgiPop1981 Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 4870 512m
    well..

i'm obviously missing something...i see a SMP client would be ok to use on my comp as it has 4 cores. however, with all the help and instruction you give here - it would not hurt to actualy link to particular files when mentioned in text (if possible). thing is, i cannot find SMP client for WIN, only ones ofered are for linux..i see some exe files listed up there but fudge me if i can find those..
    thanks in advance for any info! :)

edit: found it trough another forum/link :banana:

Last edited: Jun 27, 2009
  18. aircool

GPU:
    Yeah its not that hard to find, just scroll down to the high performance clients link.

19. IgiPop1981

IgiPop1981 Member

GPU:
    yea, but now i need to do smth about the error and not wanting to work...

20. IgiPop1981

IgiPop1981 Member

GPU:
    ok, followed some instructions from here and there and got it working with all 4 cores :)
    one thing i'm not sure about tho - completed 0 out of 250000 steps? when i last tried i said 500k steps and downloaded a different exe to work with. now it's a1...
    well, i guess if it's working at all it's ok :)
    see ya!