Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Affiliates > ATI Tray Tools > ATI Tray Tools Generic Discussion
ATI Tray Tools Generic Discussion This forum is intended for comments, ideas and general discussion of the ATI Tray Tools Utility which is hosted here at the Guru of 3D. This forum is visited by programmer himself.

Can't change resolutions with hotkeys
Old
  (#1)
WhyBee

Videocard: Diamond Radeon HD6950 2GB
Processor: Intel i5 2500K
Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3
Memory: GSKILL 8GB PC3-12800
Soundcard: ASUS Xonar DG
PSU: SilverStone Gold 750W
Question Can't change resolutions with hotkeys - 05-31-2007, 21:22 | posts: 7

With CCC, I could change resolutions by having hotkeys set in the profile manager. I switched to ATT because it loads much faster and doesn't eat up alot of resources. I'm trying to do this in ATT but with no luck. What I did was go into "DISPLAY|SETTINGS" at the desired resolution and saved the profile, then did the same again at another resolution. The 2 different resolutions being 1280x1024 and 1024x768. After I did that, I went into the Hotkeys menu and checked "Enable Hotkeys" then when into Customize. I clicked the "new" button and selected "Display and TV Out". I then selected "Load Display Profile" and proceeded to select 1 of the saved profiles I created and set the hotkey shortcut. I closed that and repeated it again with the other saved profile. Once it was all done, I tried switching between the 2 profiles with the hotkeys and it worked because the screen would blink, but unfortunately the resolution didn't change to what I wanted. Am I doing it wrong? If so, can you tell me how i'm supposed to do it because I can't figure it out.

Another question of mine is that is there a way to "hide" the ATT tray icon? So it's not viewable?

Old
  (#2)
Ray Adams
Ancient Guru

Videocard: ATI HD6950
Processor: Intel C2Q Q9550 (3.4GHz)
Mainboard: ASUS P5E
Memory: 8Gb Patriot Viper
Soundcard: internal
PSU: 900W
Default 05-31-2007, 22:12 | posts: 4,942

ATT's Display manager doesn't store resolution in profiles so you will not able to have two profiles for different resolutions. If you want to change resolution in ATT left click on tray icon.

Quote:
Another question of mine is that is there a way to "hide" the ATT tray icon? So it's not viewable?
No way. For what?