X1950XTX with windowed app

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Generic Discussion' started by Cheshire Outlaw, Apr 2, 2007.

1. Cheshire Outlaw

Cheshire Outlaw New Member

GPU:
    Club 3D ATI X1950XTX
    I see from other threads that the ATI Catalyst Overdrive facility only works with full screen apps. I am attempting to use a windowed app as a test bed for (maths) code which runs on the GPU (ATI X1950XTX) and need to benchmark the card. However Catalyst fails to recognise the app as 3D and hence gives clock speeds of 506 & 594 rather than the requested 3D mode speeds of 648/999 (before overclocking). As a result, I get less good performance than a lower spec X1950 card without the temperature sensor.

Is there any way that I can force 3D mode for the duration of my app's execution either with ATI Tray Tools or by spoofing Catalyst?

2. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    No way by Catalyst itself, but it can be forced by ATT.
    Create TWO profiles, with 2d and 3d settings. Do not forget about GPU Voltage! And switch Overclocking Mode to "Driver Level" (This is same way as Overdrive works, but 2d/3d should be controlled by ATT). You can find default values for 2d and 3d profiles in System Information in ATT's Hardware menu. Then make game profile with your .exe file as main executable. Set overclocking to Manual mode before and after, and select 3d profile to be used before your application started, and 2d - after. Thats' all.

3. Cheshire Outlaw

Cheshire Outlaw New Member

GPU:
    Club 3D ATI X1950XTX
    How to set voltages

Thanks for the help but I'm still not fully sorted.

I am trying not to 'forget about GPU voltage' but I don't see how to set it for a profile which is what I presumably need to do as it needs to be changed on each profile transition.

I am running ATI Tray Tools 1.2.6.964 but there seems to be talk about regulation of X1950XTX voltages in 1.2.6.977. Do I need a later version and is it out of beta testing?

4. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Try last beta version. Your version is very old