Poll: You ever have a broken Xbox360 or had to RMA the console once or even more?

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by CTman, Feb 17, 2007.

?

Poll: You ever have a broken Xbox360 or had to RMA the console once or even more?

1. I got a broken Xbox 360 and had to rma the console just once.

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  2. I got a broken Xbox 360 and had to rma the console twice or more!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I have exchange it for an entire new Xbox 360, but it get broken again; had to rma again!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. My Xbox 360 still works perfectly. No problem at all!

6 vote(s)
    46.2%
  5. I don't want a Xbox 360 anymore, since the last one get broken that easily!

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  1. CTman

CTman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 6800 V9999
    I have heard that alot of people got a broken a Xbox360 within one year. And even some people got to rma the console more than once;

I think the problem may be caused by the bad quality of the capacitors that are used in the console; if the heat in the console is high enough (and long enough) then the caps may "pop"/become defective if the caps can't cope the heat well, but can't confirm it. Maybe the xbox modders know more about the caps that are used in the Xbox 360; Also the cooling could be better; they should attach a fan directly on the cpu heatsink, even if the fan is a low rpm fan; and they should also add a heatsink with heatpipes on the gpu/graphic chip.

There's also a "coffin review" (sarcasm?) by IGN for the Xbox 360: IGN: Xbox 360 Coffin Review

The famous Red Ring of Death!
    [​IMG]

How's your experience with the Xbox360 console? You ever have to rma the console or yours is still working perfectly?

2. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    I have a launch console and its running perfectly, plus family and friends have consoles now reaching the year old mark with no problems.

3. weston

weston Guest

GPU:
    GTX 275
    Had to get a replacement a 360. About 2 months before warrantee was up too! That was close! Had that red ring of death which corresponds to "hardware failure" while playing GoW.

4. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    i got one on launch and it failed around 6 months after , the disk drive went mental and sounded as if it was chewing my disks up , it wasnt ruining the games but they wouldnt load so had to send it back , got a new one and its fine now

5. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I don't have a problem with my 360, but I had an Xbox that died, microsoft replaced with a little fee. Shipped fast too.

6. DJ Spoonfed

DJ Spoonfed Active Member

GPU:
    eVGA GeForce 7800 GT
    I had a launch console, and it died after about 8 months or so. Microsoft sent an empty coffin to me, I sent it back to them, they sent me a working console right back. Whole process only took about 8 days actually.

I was really happy with the service, and the fact that my warranty had been extended.

7. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    Both my Xbox 1 and 360 Are launch Boxes and both are running Fine..

But mine are AU Launch So we do get Better Versions.

8. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    the problems with the 360's are generally the ones brought at the launch date , microsoft have made slight changes to the console since then , like the newest consoles have a BenQ dvd drive instead of a samsung one (i think it was) which is quiter and loads games faster

9. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    The only thing I'm not happy with the 360, is if microsoft is really releasing a new 360 that isn't suppose to have heat issues, then I'm kind of feeling cheated... But not that big of a deal. I still haven't had any problem with my 360. :D

10. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    well mine is slighty hot , unil i brought a cooler for £10 that clips onto the back and its way cooler now

11. lIqUI[]

lIqUI[] Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 680DCU II OC
    hope its not that Nyko Intercooler model unless you want a fried console and voided warranty :thumbup: