Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > General > General Software and Applications
General Software and Applications Trouble with software/DirectX or other programs like Detonator Destroyer.

WMPNetworksvc
Old
  (#1)
DJ Spoonfed
Member Guru

Videocard: eVGA GeForce 7800 GT
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+
Mainboard: MSI K8N Diamond Plus
Memory: OCZ EL DDR PC3200 Gold 1GB
Soundcard: Auzen X-Meridian 7.1
PSU: Enermax 500W
Question WMPNetworksvc - 01-07-2007, 06:35 | posts: 56 | Location: Canada

HI, I'm having problems getting my computer to allow my Xbox360 access to my library ever since I updated to WMP11.

I've narrowed the problem down to two errors that occur when the WMPNetworksvc attempts to start, and are listed in the event viewer. They are as follows

Error WMPNetworksvc 14349
A new media server was not initialized because the Windows Media Delivery Engine did not initialize due to error '0x800700b7'. Restart your computer, and then restart the WMPNetworkSvc service. If the problem persists, reinstall Windows Media Player if possible.

Error WMPNetworksvc 14353
A media delivery engine with ID '0' was not initialized due to error '0x800700b7' when adding the URL 'http://+:10243/WMPNSSv3/1013931911/'. Restart your computer, and then restart the WMPNetworkSvc service. If the problem persists, reinstall Windows Media Player if possible.

I'm pretty sure that this is the reason I can't share my media properly. Unfortunately, MS' own help and support pages have no information that I can find, I've spent hours trolling the internet looking for information on these errors, but to no real useful avail.

If there's anyone who can make some sense of these errors, or how I might be able to correct them, I would be uber-grateful.