Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Affiliates > ATI Tray Tools > ATI Tray Tools Generic Discussion
ATI Tray Tools Generic Discussion This forum is intended for comments, ideas and general discussion of the ATI Tray Tools Utility which is hosted here at the Guru of 3D. This forum is visited by programmer himself.

X1900 XTX and ATT Issues
Old
  (#1)
KillerFry

Videocard: ATI X1900 XTX 512MB
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2
Mainboard:
Memory: DDR 2GB
Soundcard:
PSU:
Default X1900 XTX and ATT Issues - 12-19-2006, 04:28 | posts: 1

Hello,

I just installed ATT in my computer. Ever since I did, the Overdrive feature has been disabled in my X1900XTX. I figure this is because the ATI HotKey Poller is turned off.

Simple, I decided to create profiles for my games so the core and mem speeds up themselves when a certain video game starts running. Nevertheless, I get artifacts on screen! I'm not overclocking it over it's stock speeds (650/750).

Funny thing is, if I set the frequencies to their stock using ATI Tool, everything works fine. Actually, I can take the card to 700/800 with ATI Tool with not a problem. Though ATI Tool asks for the ATI HotKey Poller to be turned on.

I see some options in ATT that I don't quite understand, namely the Overclock method. What's the difference between Driver Level and Low Level? Which one is recommended?

I'd appreciate if you can give me a few heads up towards succesfully OC'ing my card - or at least, to get it to run at stock speeds! Heh.

Thanks in advance guys!

Old
  (#2)
NightCrawler™
Member Guru

Videocard: 2 EVGA GTX460 1 8800GTSSC
Processor: Intel I7 920 @ 3.8Ghz
Mainboard: Asus Rampage Extreme II
Memory: OCZ DDR3 Platinum 1600
Soundcard: Onboard
PSU: Corsair HX850W
Default 12-19-2006, 05:37 | posts: 124 | Location: Netherlands

Make sure when you create a 3D profile you set the voltage for that 3D profile too at 1.45v...

Old
  (#3)
Ray Adams
Ancient Guru

Videocard: ATI HD6950
Processor: Intel C2Q Q9550 (3.4GHz)
Mainboard: ASUS P5E
Memory: 8Gb Patriot Viper
Soundcard: internal
PSU: 900W
Default 12-19-2006, 06:10 | posts: 4,942

If you got artifacts in Low Level you should switch to Driver Level overclocking mode. Just do not forget about GPU Voltage! It should be increased for 3D clocks