Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Hardware > Network questions and troubleshooting
Network questions and troubleshooting Does it work or doesn't it ? Discuss it here.

Midco Comm and wireless routers
Old
  (#1)
Lobstah24

Videocard: EVGA GeForce 8800GTS
Processor: Intel C2D E6600 2.4GHz @ 3.0GHz
Mainboard: ASUS P5N32-E SLI Plus
Memory: 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR2 800
Soundcard:
PSU: OCZ GameXTreme 700W
Default Midco Comm and wireless routers - 10-07-2006, 18:11 | posts: 3 | Location: MidWest

I'm looking for people with firsthand experience using wireless routers with midco comm as an ISP. I'm having some trouble with my setup. I had an SMC baracade wireless router (2804WBR-CA) that started to just drop my connections after I switched to midco comm from DSL service through my phone company. They (midco) swear that it is not on their end. I actually believe them because if I reset my router (and only my router, cycle power) my connection will be restored. I have 6 PCs on my network with one of them being wireless. I switched to a D-Link (DI-624M) and so far it hasen't dropped my connection but now when I try to use tabbed browsing in Firefox it takes forever for the pages to load...much slower then the SMC, when it was working. Any ideas?...Does anyone have a midco setup that has worked well for them? Thanks in advance.

L24

Old
  (#2)
Phoenikx
Master Guru

Videocard: Myself
Processor: Myself
Mainboard: Myself
Memory: Myself
Soundcard: Myself
PSU: Myself
Default 10-26-2006, 15:29 | posts: 591 | Location: Kaleidoscope

It could be that your system collected a lot of junkies. Did you try to clear DNS cache. It may help.
(I am not familiar with your specific hardware, though.)