Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Affiliates > ATI Tray Tools > ATI Tray Tools Generic Discussion
ATI Tray Tools Generic Discussion This forum is intended for comments, ideas and general discussion of the ATI Tray Tools Utility which is hosted here at the Guru of 3D. This forum is visited by programmer himself.

Refresh Problems
Old
  (#1)
sendmeads

Videocard: X850XT Platinum 256MB
Processor: Athlon XP Barton 3200+ (2200Mhz)
Mainboard: Abit KV7
Memory: 1x1GB PC3200 pqi Power Series
Soundcard: Audigy Platinum EX
PSU: Can't Remember :(
Default Refresh Problems - 09-30-2006, 07:41 | posts: 1 | Location: Los Angeles

aaaahhhh! for the love of all that is holy, please someone have the answer to this!

My games are being displayed at 60Hz refresh rate. All of them... except those where you can explicitly select the rate you want to use. I didn't notice this right away because I am currently in the middle of a game where you can set it. However, I was just checking out some of my other games, and they all go to 60Hz no matter what the resolution. Now I'm flippin out, becuase this is no good. So I uninstalled Tray Tools and the ATI driver, and start to reinstall. This time I check out my games before I install Tray Tools, btw I use Refresh Force for my rate fix. All of them are working fine now. So I install Tray Tools again, back to 60Hz. So now, after uninstalling and reinstalling again, I am using ATI's *blah* Control Center. After using Tray Tools for two days, I CANNOT go back to the Take Control of your system Center. I'm spoiled, and now I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. Does anyone have any ideas.... does anyone know what to do?!?! The only other thing I can think of is maybe the registry was corrupted before I started using Tray Tools???? I read somewhere how you were supposed to fix the refresh issue in the registry manually, so I checked it out. The values I saw were consistent with what Refresh Force said. I'm really not in the mood to reinstall Windows right now either. Also, when you change resolutions on the desktop, the refresh rates work correctly, it only does this in my games. I didn't set any of the refresh fix options in the 3D sections of Tray Tools, they are set to disabled. Anyway:

Athlon XP 3200
Radeon X850
Abit KV7 - VIA KT600
XP SP2

Need anymore system info? let me know

PLEASE HELP

Last edited by sendmeads; 09-30-2006 at 07:44.