Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Affiliates > Rivatuner Generic Discussion forum > RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum
RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum This forum is intended for advanced comments, ideas and general discussion of the RivaTuner Utility which is hosted here at the Guru of 3D. This forum is visited by programmer himself - you can only post in this area with a minimum of 10 posts and 7 days forum membership.

rivatuner asus 6800gt fan control
Old
  (#1)
DeusAnubis

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Default rivatuner asus 6800gt fan control - 11-28-2005, 00:15 | posts: 10

hey, could someone tell me how to configure my rivatuner step by step to get my 6800gt as quite as possible?
i tried asus' smartdoctor first to control the fan, but it didn't work properly. someone help me please

Old
  (#2)
Unwinder

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Default 11-28-2005, 06:35 | posts: 11,516 | Location: Taganrog, Russia

Don't be _so_ lazy, your display adapter is even mentioned in the context help for RT's fan controls. All you have to do is to read it:

Fan speed adjustment sliders

These sliders allow you to adjust fan speed for the corresponding performance level.

Tips:

This value is trustworthy only when the fan is physically connected to the PCBs integrated PWM
(Pulse Width Modulation) controller. If external PWM controller is used (e.g. F75373S/F75375S
on ASUS V9999 series, ADT7473 on GeForce 7800GTX series) or the fan is not connected to any
PWM controller at all (e.g. MSI NX6800 series), then the driver will not be able to control fan speed,
as well as will not be able to report trustworthy values.

Alexey Nicolaychuk aka Unwinder, RivaTuner creator

Old
  (#3)
DeusAnubis

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Default 11-28-2005, 07:19 | posts: 10

everytime i try to set these ones, they turn back to 1%.