3D Games Freeze unless I underclock the CPU....Help!!! (Solved!!!) -
| posts: 2
I did all my testing with Deus Ex since it loads quickly and freezes in a couple of minutes. I have also have the same problem with Half-life 1&2, Halo & Doom 3
Below is a list of things I've tried to narrow down the problem...
1. Updated the Radeon and built-in sound card drivers
2. Disabled the sound
3. Reinstalled Deus Ex on another hard drive
4. Eliminated a shared IRQ between my SATA controller and my Network card
5. Removed one of my memory SIMM's
6. Removed cover of case to increase cooling
7. Cleaned all dust out of case and slots
8. Reinstalled an old ATI driver
9. Removed the 9600XT card and tried the On-board 3D video...This worked!!!
I played Deus Ex last night for 2+ ours on the on-board video without a single hang-up.
10. Re installed the 9600XT card with the latest drivers and underclocked my CPU from 3.06G to 2.30G...This also worked!!!
Could this be a power supply problem? I have a 400W supply. If so why would this problem first show up about 3 months ago and seem to get worse?
Thanx in advance...
Last edited by j-bear; 10-22-2005 at 15:04.