Major memory issues - please help before I...

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by gulbane, Jun 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gulbane

gulbane Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 6600GT 128MB
    cry......

Check out my system to the right.

I installed the ram a few days ago and noticed alot of crashes that I never had before. Games would prompt error messages randomly.

I ran MEMTEST and lo and behold, before it hit 100% I got 3 error messages.

I am currently exchanging the memory - but question is this:

When the ram is 2-2-2-5. When I installed it - my dram settings were all set to AUTO. It dropped the DDR400 speed to 200, raised the DRAM Command to 2T, and raised the latency to 2.5.

I manually set all the settings and then noticed all this happening. Could I have damaged the memory myself somehow?

Dont want to get the new memory and have the same issue.

Thanks!

2. DrFreeze

DrFreeze Guest

GPU:
    MSI GT740 2GB
    well, it might be that the ram can run 2-2-2-5 at 166 mhz instead of 200 (ddr400), so setting it to 2-2-2-5 at 200 might cause errors

unless you really amped up the Vdimm or had a static shock with the ram, it is quite unlikely that you killed it yourself

if you still have it, try running at 400 with the timings set to auto, see if that works

in real life slightly slower timings dont affect real world performance, you wont drop FPS values or anything

also, i suddenly see how you got that 166 posts, next time try posting once, and dont be surprised if a mod gives you a hardy PM or even a temp ban for this, unless it was a very weird accident or something, this is very very bad behaviour

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.