Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Hardware > Network questions and troubleshooting
Network questions and troubleshooting Does it work or doesn't it ? Discuss it here.

Help Me!!!!
Old
  (#1)
thamara
Member Guru

Videocard: 512MB Geforce7900GTX on 19" LCD
Processor: PD 3.4x2GHz 4MB with Asus silent sq
Mainboard: Asus P5WD2 intel955x
Memory: 2GB DDR2 667MHz
Soundcard: Creative Audigy2 LS with 2x2.1 Hifi
PSU: Asuse Extreme 550W
Default Help Me!!!! - 05-15-2005, 21:33 | posts: 82 | Location: Srilanka

Hay Guys
I need Ur Help!
I am still studing to my degree at a famous institute.
althouh they say that their internet speed is faster & unlimited hours, their copmuters connect with very slow (30.0kbps) and we can't use them atleast 2 hours per day. because they say they have classes at computer lab. so we have to leave. How can I surf for studing with these unjustificable situation. My home connection is a dialup connection so I have to pay large bill(there re no ADSL/ISDN lines at my home town)
I can't leave the Institute because I have paid them full payment.
I think they have cheated us.
What can I do???
They provide us the internet conection using their server. The lan speeg displays 10.0Mbps.
Some students trying to connect changing the Main lan cables to their computers, entering administration division.
then then they get 2Mbps of speed, but at this moment we can't use the other computers that cable had been used.
They cant fix it hurry (they get 2 or 3 days to recorrect the line)
How can I find their user names and passwords?
How can I increse the speed of my connection without permission??(not for permenent,only 2hours per day)
Sorry about poor grammer & I don't know the leagal statements on this!! Thank U!

Old
  (#2)
Finchwizard
Don Apple

Videocard: -
Processor: -
Mainboard: -
Memory: -
Soundcard: -
PSU: -
Default 05-16-2005, 07:19 | posts: 16,460 | Location: Locked in Guru3D Server Room. Help!

Could have sworn I replied to you before.

As someone who runs this kinda stuff in Education, what your trying to do is against the rules.

Deal with it and consult the IT Manager, he may have an explanation and a way to help you.