Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > General > General Software and Applications
General Software and Applications Trouble with software/DirectX or other programs like Detonator Destroyer.

VHS to DVD authoring....open source preferred
Old
  (#1)
Morpheous416
Ancient Guru

Videocard: Geforce GT 650 Ti
Processor: AM3+ FX4100 3.6 BE
Mainboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3
Memory: 8.0 GB Corsair Vengeance
Soundcard: Sound Blaster Z
PSU: Corsair TX 650
Default VHS to DVD authoring....open source preferred - 03-18-2005, 01:53 | posts: 3,546 | Location: U.S.A.

Ok, after checking out three/four different "pay me hundreds to use" software bundles that create good DVD files from VHS...I was wondering, if there are any open source programs that do a great job? I'd rather send donations to a group of programmers for software that works, then spend hundreds on some name brand that has problems.

Old
  (#2)
Finchwizard
Don Apple

Videocard: -
Processor: -
Mainboard: -
Memory: -
Soundcard: -
PSU: -
Default 03-18-2005, 02:06 | posts: 16,491 | Location: Locked in Guru3D Server Room. Help!

Can't you just buy like a Pinnacle TV card or something, because those have Composites in don't they?

And they come with recording stuff.

Haven't come across any Opensource stuff with VHS > DVD though.

Old
  (#3)
Morpheous416
Ancient Guru

Videocard: Geforce GT 650 Ti
Processor: AM3+ FX4100 3.6 BE
Mainboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3
Memory: 8.0 GB Corsair Vengeance
Soundcard: Sound Blaster Z
PSU: Corsair TX 650
Default 03-18-2005, 03:15 | posts: 3,546 | Location: U.S.A.

On the system I use for VHS input, it's using a GeForce 5600 with VIVO....so the composite part is taken care of. But, I'd like to look for a program to record the data from the video stream directly to DVD MPEG format...similar to that of Ulead Video Studio 8/9. I have Ulead's VS 7, but it crashes with the latest VIVO/Video drivers from nVidia. The demo version of 8 worked really well, but lasted only 30 days...

Those packages cost nearly $100.00 U.S.

I seen your post in the Open Source thread, VirtualDubMod? Would that be a program that could do this? I am going to go back and take a further look into it.