Defragging iPod?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography, Home and Portable Electronics' started by adair_fett, Oct 2, 2004.

1. adair_fett

adair_fett Banned

GPU:
    Asus V9999 Ultra - GeForce 6800 Ultra
    I dont know if anyone else with an iPod have ever experienced this, but for a couple of months now, my iPod (when playing playlists) will sometimes skip a track. It stay on the track for just a sec, like it is trying to play it (with no sound), then it will just go on to the next one (the next one always plays fine. If I go back to the previous, is plays perfectly.

I was wondering if maybe somehow defragmenting the hard drive in the iPod would cure this problem, or if any one else here knows of a fix to this. Its not that big of a deal but I would like this to stop.

Thanks in advance.

2. adair_fett

adair_fett Banned

GPU:
    Well, I am defragging it with norton speed disk (didnt think of that before, always thought in terms of ephpod when it comes to my iPod), so hopefully this will make a difference. According to the disk map, it was extrememly fragmented.

3. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    Did it work?

Out of Interest.

4. adair_fett

adair_fett Banned

GPU:
    Actually, it seems to have worked. Ive been using it off and on all day and it hasnt done it so far.

Before it used to do it all the time, so it looks like it might have done something.

5. TheGriffin

TheGriffin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 3000
    Cool, Thats something Ipod owners should know :D

6. adair_fett

adair_fett Banned

GPU:
    UPDATE** - After using it for a few days after defragging it, it has not done it once. Looks like that fixed the problem. Like Cybermarine said, something to keep in mind if you own an iPod.

7. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    Only if you are using it on Windows though ;)

Seeings as Macs don't defragment.