leadtek win fast a 400 16 pipes ???

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by tarantino666, Aug 29, 2004.

1. tarantino666

tarantino666 Member

GPU:
    Leadtek Geforce 6800
    I have an interesting ( maybe also simple question ), cause I bought me a new WIN FAST A 400 TDH ( non GT/Ultra ). I´m just asking myself if the specifications leadtek praises are right. Leadtek writes on the original package of the card that it offers 16-pipe GPU architecture. Actually this can´t be, because we all know it´s just 12-pipe. So far so weird, but the more interesting fact is that the soft mod in the coming riva tuner should ( maybe ??? ) work especially on this card. I know the brand of the card is not decisive, but isn´t it curious that Leadtek praises the 16 pipes on the original package ( not on the GT or Ultra package ) ??! Another interesting fact is that Leadtek announced that especially these cards would be available to a fixed date and then the selling of these cards will be over. So do these cards work with soft mod/riva tuner ???

2. tarantino666

tarantino666 Member

GPU:
    Leadtek Geforce 6800
    256-bit AGP NV40 (A1) with 128 MB DDR memory
    Reg 00001540:0001370b

the riva tuner information for my card

3. Kakaru2

Kakaru2 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 8800GTX 768MB
    Well, run a fillrate test on your card and you'll see if it's 12 or 16 pipelines.
    As to what if it's moddable to a full 16 pipeline I think this question can be answered only when the new RT is released.

4. tarantino666

tarantino666 Member

GPU:
    Leadtek Geforce 6800
    I don´t think that a fillrate test will answer my question, because it´s understood that the card actually works with 12 pipelines. I mean did Leadtek just deactivated the 4 pipelines, although they know it´s 16-pipe architecture and why. Isn´t it curious that Unwinder used exactly this model ( Leadtek A 400 TDH ) for his testing to prove that soft mod works and that it worked on that card, but not on other brands like Asus ???

5. AlecRyben

AlecRyben Guest

GPU:
    5x580 2x590 2x780Ti 1x970
    Well since the drivers do not report the actual number of pipelines, Leadtek can freely lie about the actual number of pipes and just say they meant that "NV40 architecture allows up to 16 pipes". ;)

6. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Your current config is 12x1, 5 vertex processors. The rest depends on how lucky you are. If your BIOS contains software masked quads / vetex processors - you'll be able to unlcock them.

7. tarantino666

tarantino666 Member

GPU:
    Leadtek Geforce 6800
    thank you for your replies !!!

8. tarantino666

tarantino666 Member

GPU:
    Leadtek Geforce 6800
    How can I find out if my BIOS contains software masked quads / vetex processors??? Through new riva tuner ? And when it will be released or will there be a beta version to check out if it works ?

9. Keiffer

Keiffer Guest

Unwinder......When are you going to release this soft mod? ANd by the way, it's an honor to meet you.

10. yurix

yurix Guest

The Asus v9999 Gamer Edition Box also says it has 16 pipelines...

When I bought the card I believed this.. So I am a victum of their false advertising which strangely goes by unoticed with no justification that I can think of, except that maybe they thought it would be cheaper to use 1 box for all of their 6800 series cards.. Either way, the lesson learned is to do extensive research on the products you buy... I wonder if there is any legal action that could be taken..

11. RangerXT

RangerXT Guest

I just noticed on my leadtek a400 box that where it says '12 pipelines' is a sticker, and when you peel it off underneath it says 16 pipelines, thats fairly interesting:D

12. AlecRyben

AlecRyben Guest

GPU:
    5x580 2x590 2x780Ti 1x970
    Well, it's certainly cheaper to put stickers than to make a whole different box just for the number change! :D
    That's why you should never trust anything that's written on the box anyway, since somebody could have just pulled off the stickers... :p