Just Got an XBox

Discussion in 'Digital Photography, Home and Portable Electronics' started by Psychosematic, Aug 8, 2004.

1. Psychosematic

Psychosematic Guest

GPU:
    2xGTX 570 @ 800/1600/2000
    Hey, I just bought an XBox and I'm definately interested in modding it so it can be used as a Media Center.

I've been around xbox-scene.com but I honestly know nothing about modding consoles, so if anyone can suggest a mod chip model and install guide, I would be grateful :D

2. BLyarx

BLyarx Ancient Guru

Xecuter 2.2 Lite that's the one my cousin and I where supposed to mod on his Xbox but we couldn't find any that ship to my area. it's solderless BTW.

3. top_gun36

top_gun36 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9800 Pro|MR9600 Pro Turbo
  4. DesT

DesT Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG-Geforce 6800 ULTRA OC Core:470mhz Mem:1100mhz
    i have the chip, flashed! i want to sell it anyone interested?

5. Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2004
  6. Chouji

Chouji Guest

GPU:
    19 inch flat screen
    you may want to pass on the solderless one. theres a chance that even a tap on any side of the xbox can knock it out of place or the connections might not touch (really bad when it works fine with case open and the second you close it. its out of place.)

Just get someone you know who can solder small stuff easily.

7. MrOuija

MrOuija Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF2 MX 400 32MB/GF 7600 g
    yeh what Chouji said, solderless chips will mess up your xbox. If you don't have a soldering skills i strongly advice you let the modchip be installed by someone with experience. Google for someone who mods xbox around your neighbourhood, they're findable everywhere. for the chip i'd say it doesn't matter that much, go with what's available. I modded mine something like a year ago with a chameleon chip and it still works great.

8. Chouji

Chouji Guest

GPU:
    19 inch flat screen
    yep chameleon and xcuter chips are best. Both easily flashable but the xcuter tends to have a few more features. I would advise getting the pro yes it cost more, but you will also want the switch to enable/disable the chip "for xbox live" and the pro will have a back LPT (printer port) port so you can reflash it while the thing is inside the xbox its what i use.

so the xcuter 2.2 pro with the quick pin mod thing is the best choice of all xbox mod chips i've seen and installed. "you solder in the pin thing and then installing and removing the chip itself is as easy as plugging in a SATA ribbon cable, but without the power cable. ^_^

PS dont ask me to do it. i dont install mod chips for anyone outside my area, nor do i do them for free. and no i wont ship back.

But i wont stop you from sending me your xbox. So if someone DID decide to send me their xbox to chip for them. i would install the chip seal up and test the xbox and sell it on ebay. ^_^

Ta Ta

9. Hiro1000

Hiro1000 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670
    i just had to post on that pic form penny arcade. ROFL OMG :D

10. mike06181231

mike06181231 Guest