Sapphire HD7950 (OC version) win8.1 x64 some issues

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Jezrelm, Nov 1, 2014.

1. Jezrelm

Jezrelm Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7950 W/B
    Hello everyone, i have some issues over my HD 7950.

First, the monitor, after a sleep state of the pc, doesnt "turn on" again, but all the rest of PC gets active.The momentary solution that i use is to turn on the narrator on win 8 (win + enter), then folowing the voice of the narrator i can change output signals (win + P) to gain my image back on the monitor.

Second, strange sttutering, in games the card works flawessly, but on windows, i suffer a strange and random stutter (the scren jumps) i have an HPLA2405x monitor, it is a 60hz monitor, i read that ati cards have problem whit this kind of monitors, so i do some things that almost correct this problem. a) I change my cable for a new one and secure it tight. B) I update the driver of my monitor. this correct the problem greatly, but a small stutter sometimes appear (its is less noticeable and rare).

Third, I have no HDMI sound, this one was easy to fix, i just deinstall the ati driver and let win 8 install his microsoft driver, and ta-da, hdmi sound again.

So i upgrade from a hd5770 that works fine withowt any issue, at firts i just quit the old card and put the new card, and it woked fine with the old drivers of the 5770. I use it like this by a couple of weeks whit no issues but the stuttering one, then i tougth that that problem surely was becouse driver problems, so i unistall that drivers an do a clean install to the new ones (14.9) (i unistall the older one trougth control panel and then using in safe mode the new driver swepper on 3dgoruforums) and then the other issues begin to ocurr, since then i have update the bios of my motherboard (G1 sniper 3 bios j8n) check that my energy settings on windows were rigth (full performance and no sleep) but nothing worked.

So maybe is the new driver, any advice from other users on this card or drivers? Sorry by my english is not my native lenguage.

System:
    CPU:i5 3200mhz
    MB:G1 Sniper 3 (j8k bios)
    VGC: Sapphire radeon HD7950 (015.042.000.003.000000 bios)
    Ram: 16 GB 1600mhz corsair vengance pro
    PSU: Corsair 600wts

2. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    The latest 14.9 b2 drivers have a couple of bugs, one of them is black screen. Maybe try a different set....?

3. Jezrelm

Jezrelm Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7950 W/B
    Thanks for the answer and the tip, i was on 14.9 drivers, and update to 14.9b2, doing that the audio problem got fixed. I also try one solution with the stutter screen problem that i read in this forum, and was about increasing the 2d frecuency clocks from 300 stock to 450, i think that work because i havent see a stutter since then, but the sleeping problem survive to the update -_-

So,what driver version you recommend? any other user of this card, have any favorite drivers for? thanks again in advance

Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
  4. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    I'm using 14.7 r3. No problems.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2014

5. Jezrelm

Jezrelm Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7950 W/B
    Tks, im going to try that driver. I hope that help, this a great card beside that problem.

6. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    I should point out the black screen after sleep is a very, very, very well known bug. It seems to pop up about every 2nd or 3rd release.

Not acceptable from AMD.

7. Jezrelm

Jezrelm Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7950 W/B
    Well, i have to update this, i was about to install the drivers you suggest, but i delay the instalation because a get distracted unistalling old programs that i really never use, so in the proces i detect some spyware on my pc so i star a clean proces, whit malewarebytes, avast, and cccleaner, well after the clean up the sleeping problem seems to go away, at least all of this day the pc wakes just fine every time.

Im still on 14.9b2 and no problems by now. (i will be cheking if the sleeping bug really go away)

8. Jezrelm

Jezrelm Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7950 W/B
    -_- nhaaa bad news from my part, the sleeping bug is still present, the only difference is that now is random and not happens all the time. :bang: o well lets hope in the next driver it gets fix :)