Nex Machina

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, Dec 3, 2016.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  2. Pey

Pey Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 980 STRIX @ SLI
  3. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    First boss is very easy. Starts to get quite difficuilt after that. Great game though.

4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Cool game. Very retro... as to be expected from Housemarque... but still fun and with a great soundtrack. Ultimately these games do get a bit repetitive though so they are best played in short bursts IMO. Runs really well at 110-120 fps at 4K on my system too and looks beautiful when things get chaotic.

I did encounter a very strange bug at the start of the career though when I first played it; I cleared the first area then the game speeded to the next zone but the camera was stuck on the wrong side of the map so all I could see was the outline of the enemies and my avatar (I was basically looking down at the bottom of the play area!)! I died several times and the bug still did not correct itself. I had to restart the game and after that the game worked fine.

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    P.S. If I have any complaints it's that the game lacks visual variety with the first three worlds I played looking pretty much the same bar colour palette swaps and there wasn't much variation in enemies either.

6. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Yep I agree. Expected more variance in the enemy types and differences in levels after beating the stage bosses. No doubt we will see improvements and DLC at some point.

7. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Looks repetitive, like if they had a demo, you would pretty much have played through the game. Looks nice, just wish it had more variety.

8. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    There is arena mode. Which is unlocked after beating the arcade playthrough. This is where it's at. A single stage (13 areas) but the difficulty is ramped right up. I haven't managed to complete a stage yet. 600k score.