Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Videocards > Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce
Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce This forum is all about NVIDIA graphics cards and related technology. Do you have a question regarding an older GeForce videocard? Likely we have the answer.

Old
  (#1276)
A M D BugBear
Maha Guru

Videocard: 2 1080ti h20 w/XOC Bios
Processor: Dual Xeon E5-2678 V3@2.9+
Mainboard: Asus d10pe-d8 ws
Memory: 64GB Samsung 2133@2205
Soundcard: SOUNDBLASTER X-FI(USB)
PSU: Dual Psu-1200W/760W Srail
Default Today, 04:55 | posts: 2,495

Ok just heads up to everyone, Even though I posted this on my 980ti vs 1080ti thread.

From my experience on my 2 1080ti hybrid's overclocked, I have gotten performance as much as:

Double + and somewhere around 33% over my last 2 980ti hybrids, overclocked.

To me, That is more then excellent.

Not many programs will do this sadly, some will, This is why I go completely insane with the resolution and filters to put complete stress to the gpu's as much as possible, this way, I can see how much I improved from these cards over the last one, End results = Better then I thought it would be, some programs = not really double, some is well over double, so please keep this in mind.

I can tell you right now, what really did it are the 2 following things:

XOC NO POWER LIMIT BIOS

+

2nd PSU

Without those 2, Absolutely forget it!!!.

Without the 2nd psu and just run on 1 gpu only = very little throttling, when you go to two, and using XOC bios, Absolutely 2nd psu Is a must to increase stability, my 1200w seasonic gave up on certain situations, now its all fixed, and no shunt mod needed here, ever since I added the 2nd psu, Absolutely no to extremely small throttling(Mainly due to temps),perfect stability, If wanna go insane, this is a must and the safest alternative to prevent throttling.

Last edited by A M D BugBear; Today at 05:01.

Old
  (#1277)
fantaskarsef
Ancient Guru

Videocard: 1080Ti @h2o
Processor: 5930K @h2o
Mainboard: R5E @h2o
Memory: Ripjaws 32GB DDR4
Soundcard: ALC1150
PSU: AX 1200i
Default Today, 09:33 | posts: 6,794 | Location: Austria (no kangaroos here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by A M D BugBear View Post
Without the 2nd psu and just run on 1 gpu only = very little throttling, when you go to two, and using XOC bios, Absolutely 2nd psu Is a must to increase stability, my 1200w seasonic gave up on certain situations, now its all fixed, and no shunt mod needed here, ever since I added the 2nd psu, Absolutely no to extremely small throttling(Mainly due to temps),perfect stability, If wanna go insane, this is a must and the safest alternative to prevent throttling.
This is probably a very stupid question, but I guess you can't limit your card to not overdraw with the no limits bios, correct? So flashing XOC with a Corsair 1200W PSU will probably be the same situation you've been in than with your Seasonic, correct?

Old
  (#1278)
A M D BugBear
Maha Guru

Videocard: 2 1080ti h20 w/XOC Bios
Processor: Dual Xeon E5-2678 V3@2.9+
Mainboard: Asus d10pe-d8 ws
Memory: 64GB Samsung 2133@2205
Soundcard: SOUNDBLASTER X-FI(USB)
PSU: Dual Psu-1200W/760W Srail
Default Today, 13:32 | posts: 2,495

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantaskarsef View Post
This is probably a very stupid question, but I guess you can't limit your card to not overdraw with the no limits bios, correct? So flashing XOC with a Corsair 1200W PSU will probably be the same situation you've been in than with your Seasonic, correct?
Not that I know of, it is exactly what it entitles: NO LIMIT, so be very very careful.

Flashing To XOC NO LIMIT with just one card in the system along with the 1200w seasonic gold = prettie good, its just soon as I go to the 2nd card, depending on the settings and the load of the application, extra stability/power is needed.

I haven't tested with a wattage meter, but my guess is, easily one of these cards is pushing at least 500W MAX!, but don't take that for granted, could be lower actually.

If I were to take a guess out of thin air, Firestrike ultra default settings, Probably eating over 400W per card, now the settings like 32xS + 8xSGSSAA @ 4k???, I am guessing well over 500W tdp easy, cause how fast it quit on my 1200w seasonic, the moment I started using the setting, it quit in seconds, whereas firestrike ultra did NOT at all, smooth as butta.

using one card is fine, its going to sli is the problem.

But before I actually gave up, I said hmm, I am using XOC, what if I used the 2nd psu, dedicated directly to the 2nd gpu and nothing else, to help increase stabiliy, since XOC has no limit whatsoever, and ever since then, NOT ONE PROBLEM, Very highly recommend if your going into the extremes only, otherwise don't bother.

Last edited by A M D BugBear; Today at 13:43.

Old
  (#1279)
fantaskarsef
Ancient Guru

Videocard: 1080Ti @h2o
Processor: 5930K @h2o
Mainboard: R5E @h2o
Memory: Ripjaws 32GB DDR4
Soundcard: ALC1150
PSU: AX 1200i
Default Today, 15:41 | posts: 6,794 | Location: Austria (no kangaroos here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by A M D BugBear View Post
Not that I know of, it is exactly what it entitles: NO LIMIT, so be very very careful.

Flashing To XOC NO LIMIT with just one card in the system along with the 1200w seasonic gold = prettie good, its just soon as I go to the 2nd card, depending on the settings and the load of the application, extra stability/power is needed.

I haven't tested with a wattage meter, but my guess is, easily one of these cards is pushing at least 500W MAX!, but don't take that for granted, could be lower actually.

If I were to take a guess out of thin air, Firestrike ultra default settings, Probably eating over 400W per card, now the settings like 32xS + 8xSGSSAA @ 4k???, I am guessing well over 500W tdp easy, cause how fast it quit on my 1200w seasonic, the moment I started using the setting, it quit in seconds, whereas firestrike ultra did NOT at all, smooth as butta.

using one card is fine, its going to sli is the problem.

But before I actually gave up, I said hmm, I am using XOC, what if I used the 2nd psu, dedicated directly to the 2nd gpu and nothing else, to help increase stabiliy, since XOC has no limit whatsoever, and ever since then, NOT ONE PROBLEM, Very highly recommend if your going into the extremes only, otherwise don't bother.
hehe thought so, thanks