The Guru3D Screenshot Thread - RTFM! #25 - Rules update!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, May 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RecluSe

RecluSe Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC/ACX 2.0
    Now you mention it.... yup, I am :p

2. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Hitman Absolution

Jim2point0 table
    Sweetfx ( SMAA )
    SRWE

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Elajitz

Elajitz Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    NFS-HP / GeDoSaTo 5120x2880 / Scaled / PostFX

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. mypc

mypc Guest

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Risen 3

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The current latest version of GeDoSaTo (Since it's updated near daily.) works nearly perfectly with the game now though there seems to be some memory leak or other problem since framerate tanks after a hour or so of playing so for normal gameplay I use the monitors native resolution.

Visually it's a nice upgrade of Risen 2 and gameplay has also been tweaked though combat can feel a bit cumbersome at times due to the animations being a bit stiff though once you get used to it it's not too bad.
    (And get some training so you can actually use the various weapons somewhat reliably, dodging and parrying is also important as is counter attacking when you learn it.)

Just hope Deep Silver allows Piranha Bytes to work a bit on supporting the game since it could use a patch or two to fix most of the reported issues.

EDIT: And yeah traditionally all Gothic and Risen games have had a test mode either by ini editing (I think that was just Gothic 3 though.) or by a keyword you type in while playing (Marvin for Gothic 1 and 2, Minsky for Risen and Pommes for Risen 2) which allows for both the usual console commands and also numerous debug features such as easily hiding the HUD (Using GeDoSaTo for that now since it has a dedicated profile for Risen 3 that takes care of it.) and also do stuff like freecam, first person perspective and other stuff.
    (Beats having to stare at Nameless Hero #3's ass at least, ha ha or well more accurately having his character model right in the middle of the image.)

Last edited: Aug 16, 2014
  6. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    So... does that stuff exist for Risen 3? I didn't see you mention how to unlock it. That would be pretty useful :)

7. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    All console cvar's exists in the game code and you can see all the debug commands and their shortcut key combinations in the xml config file (Ctrl+H to toggle the HUD, CTRL+Insert to toggle freecam to name two.) but the actual word you need to type to enable test mode (as it's called.) is currently not known so it's not accessible (yet) and it's even been suggested that it's possible Piranha Bytes disabled these in the release version due to the exploits people used with them in Risen 2 to access DLC content. (But I don't think they did and that exploit was patched.)

Haven't found much of anything yet but it'll be discovered eventually I'm sure.
    (Unless PB directly confirms that they did indeed disable debug mode this time.)

EDIT: Currently looking at this thread from time to time to see if anything's been discovered.
    http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/threads/1374803-Risen-3-Cheats-Konsole-öffnen/page3

Google Translate version - https://translate.google.co.uk/tran...-Konsole-%C3%B6ffnen/page3&edit-text=&act=url

EDIT: A few more Risen 3 images, some weird discoveries.

Boots in the water.
    [​IMG]

Subtlety.
    [​IMG]

Strange quests.
    [​IMG]

And finally a Gothic 1 reference.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
  8. doktor1

doktor1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700 XT
    Dark Souls II
    GEM / SweetFX / GeDoSaTo / Cheat Engine

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Hitman Absolution

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. RecluSe

RecluSe Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC/ACX 2.0
    More Hitman

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  12. Wanny

Wanny Guest

That's some great hitman stuff.

13. cicala

cicala Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 1080-Ti
    I've been trying to share that everywhere

Well heres a panoramic

[​IMG]

the console is probably disabled becaause DLC can be unlocked but Debug Keys can be enabled with this
    http://ge.tt/1nEzJWk1/v/1

14. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Nice, I really like those types of ultra-wide screenshots. :)

For Assassin's Creed IV (And a few other games too I think, Rage?) there's also a few of those rounded or ball like surround screenshots showing the entire area as a sphere, made by combining numerous screenshots together in some way I believe but it's very time consuming from what I've read though it's really impressive to see when completed.

EDIT: Hmm alt+h can be used to bring up statistics, also noticed you can change the weather in the game with it.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

15. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    Midhras and Pixiegirl do them for a lot of games. They're pretty cool

Pixie's album

Midhras' album

16. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah they're very impressive, I'll have to check those albums.

One last set of Risen 3 images from me, just like Skyrim one could probably take a large number of screenshots though unlike Skyrim mod support is low to non-existent.
    (Really looking forward to seeing what the community will do with Witcher 3 next summer or when it was scheduled for release, if I remember correctly it will have a mod SDK though REDKit has usually been a bit more difficult to work with but it also offers more advanced features than say the Creation-Kit.)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    http://postimg.org/image/e8t6ndva7/
    http://postimg.org/image/jzjd143a7/
    http://postimg.org/image/l0jlq8k9r/

(This more natural "reference" lighting or what it was called is pretty nice but the post-process features offered by some of the others aren't bad either and of course by switching from auto to a defined weather it no longer adapts/changes as you move into other areas such as going from one island to another or when going into a cave.)

(And it also highlights the somewhat rougher quality models and textures a bit more, Genome engine is getting old even if it got a bit of a overhaul in Risen 1 and then again in Risen 2 and now some further fine tuning in this game.)

17. cicala

cicala Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 1080-Ti

there is a debug menu key but I don't know how to activate it

from the german forum: UNLESS ALT-H brings up all the options
    [​IMG]

also tutorial on making circular polar panoramas http://content.photojojo.com/tutorials/create-your-own-panorama-planets/

Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
  18. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah I had hoped that menu would have offered some more options but it's nearly all statistics aside from being able to change the weather condition.

Also from that thread on the WorldOfRisen forums there's a alternate workaround now as well in which you add a WMVCore.dll file to the Risen3\system folder and you won't need the cheat-engine workaround.

19. sephking

sephking Guest

GPU:
    2x EVGA 980ti Classified
    Awesome Hitman screens. Did you find a way to disable the HUD or just cropped screens?

20. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    I think they're from cut scenes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.