LG 37lf65 or Samsung LE37M86BD

Discussion in 'The HTPC, HDTV & Ultra High Definition section' started by Khalam, May 16, 2008.

1. Khalam

Khalam Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI 580 Lightning 1010mhz
  2. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    i have the 40" version of that Samsung and i think its a great tv, very very happy with it and i game on it also via a HDMI connection.
    If youre close to northern ireland id recommend going up north and buying it there( simply because buying online if you have to send it back the postage cost is around 130euro ).
    I drove up to Newry and bought my LE40M86BD in Currys there at the end of november last and i saved 240euro over the price of it in PowerCity ( 1500euro powercity, 1260euro at currys and they dropped loads after Christmas ), and powercity was the cheapest i could get it at down south. Harvey Norm are still selling my tv for 1300euro( even though as i said the dropped in price loads after christmas )

Samsung have recently replaced that M models with this one( its more expensive cos its new but i havnt read any reviews on it ) - http://www.currys.co.uk/martprd/sto...m=null&tm=null&sku=793242&category_oid=-23578

Out of those two you have above i would get the Samsung, simply because i spent 2 full days reading reviews/comparing specs on the above 2 and Sony/Panasonic models and a few others

3. Khalam

Khalam Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI 580 Lightning 1010mhz
  4. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    the only info i could find on that one is that its the same hardware as the 40W2000 but redesigned. If i cant find a google review of a product i avoid it like the plague

Youre at an unfortunate price point, i had the exact same problem in November, initially i wanted a 32" for 800euro then the Panasonic 32" was the best but it was 980euro so i decided id go for that, then had second thoughts and decided on a 37" Samsung for 1170euro up north, then i thought feck it ill go for the 40" samsung after much deliberation

I honestly doubt youll get a great 40" LCD in shop for under 1000euro, instead of letting the prices drop manufacturers discontinue products and release new ones( effectively the same tech for the same price point )

Id either go up north and pay 1170euro for this - http://www.currys.co.uk/martprd/sto...duct&fm=12&sm=0&tm=1&sku=800749&category_oid=
    or buy the samsung you listed from pixmania( and take a chance on not having to send it back ), also Samsung ireland would probably take it if there was an issue with it

For an extra few quid and a tv youll have for several years id go the bit extra, i hated being in your situation :) but gotta say im really really happy with my Samsung.

Last edited: May 17, 2008